Author Topic: Congress fails to override Bush's Veto!  (Read 2733 times)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Congress fails to override Bush's Veto!
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:50:23 AM »
WONDERFUL NEWS!  FIGHT ON, FIGHT ON!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Congress fails to override Bush's Veto!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:51:41 AM »
super!

without that money, our troops will have to depend on their wits- not body armor or training- to get by over there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »
Bush said our troops cannot have $124 BILLION DOLLARS that they need.

He took their money, training, armor, and weapons funds because it came with a SUGGESTED withdrawl date. 

He'll take $124,000,000,000 but he won't accept it with any suggestions. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 11:57:48 AM »
Shame that Democrats have turned this into a partisan issue:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush expressed optimism Wednesday about a possible deal with Democrats on the war funding bill, but neither side seemed closer to compromise.

"I'm confident, with goodwill on both sides, that we can move beyond political statements," Bush said, a day after his veto of a $124 billion war spending bill that included a deadline for U.S. troops to pull out of Iraq.

Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi reacted coolly to a GOP proposal to break the deadlock.

Republicans have expressed a willingness to put benchmarks for progress on Iraq's government, as long as there is no U.S. withdrawal time frame, Pelosi said. "Benchmarks without teeth are, what, a conversation?" Pelosi asked.

Bush has invited congressional leaders to a White House meeting Wednesday afternoon.

Shortly before the meeting, the House failed to override Bush's veto. The 222-203 vote was far short of the two-thirds majority it would take to override a presidential veto.

. . .

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/02/congress.iraq/index.html

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »
I guess soliders don't mean shit to Mr. Bush. But he's still the commander and chief, right? He must be in for our beloved troops!

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 12:06:24 PM »
Bush said our troops cannot have $124 BILLION DOLLARS that they need.

He took their money, training, armor, and weapons funds because it came with a SUGGESTED withdrawl date. 

He'll take $124,000,000,000 but he won't accept it with any suggestions. 

yep, he won't take a suggestion that basically tells the enemy WE SURRENDER, THE TERRORISTS WIN.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 12:07:35 PM »

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush expressed optimism Wednesday about a possible deal with Democrats on the war funding bill, but neither side seemed closer to compromise.

"I'm confident, with goodwill on both sides, that we can move beyond political statements," Bush said, a day after his veto of a $124 billion war spending bill that included a deadline for U.S. troops to pull out of Iraq.

Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi reacted coolly to a GOP proposal to break the deadlock.

Republicans have expressed a willingness to put benchmarks for progress on Iraq's government, as long as there is no U.S. withdrawal time frame, Pelosi said. "Benchmarks without teeth are, what, a conversation?" Pelosi asked.

Bush has invited congressional leaders to a White House meeting Wednesday afternoon.

Shortly before the meeting, the House failed to override Bush's veto. The 222-203 vote was far short of the two-thirds majority it would take to override a presidential veto.

. . .

I'd invite everyone but Pelosi, i'd put a sign on the door OFF LIMITS TO IGNORANT BITCHES
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 12:11:02 PM »
yep, he won't take a suggestion that basically tells the enemy WE SURRENDER, THE TERRORISTS WIN.

We pullout troops and hire blackwater or something to gaurd the precious(oil). That way those savages slaughter each other and we drive our F-250's and Kawasaki ninjas.  8)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 12:15:28 PM »
WONDERFUL NEWS!  FIGHT ON, FIGHT ON!

well i'm all in favour of the lower classes dying...

fight on...

poor people drag down the fackin economy anyhow..

i think if ya made less than 130k/yr would show be forced to go!  ;D

btw rooster..why dont you go..you r such a huge supporter of this war and such a patriot..go figh the good fight my man..be brave..

r you all talk no action?
carpe` vaginum!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 12:34:05 PM »

Your propaganda posts are getting better, do you have a new writer working your Getbig account?

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 12:34:18 PM »
well i'm all in favour of the lower classes dying...

fight on...

poor people drag down the fackin economy anyhow..

i think if ya made less than 130k/yr would show be forced to go!  ;D

btw rooster..why dont you go..you r such a huge supporter of this war and such a patriot..go figh the good fight my man..be brave..

r you all talk no action?

by golly if they need me with my bum hip and fucked up knee, i'll be there baby.  Just make em promise i actually get to turn an insurgents head into red mist.

Good to see prince harry is it?  hes heading on over, good job Prince!  bLOW ONE OF EM TO PIECES !
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 12:37:18 PM »

by golly if they need me with my bum hip and fucked up knee, i'll be there baby.  Just make em promise i actually get to turn an insurgents head into red mist.

hey if you r brave enough you might get to...your fingers work fine right..

well i guess you will be signing up

Good to see prince harry is it?  hes heading on over, good job Prince!  bLOW ONE OF EM TO PIECES !

wana make a $100 bet to see if he's gonna go? i'll fork it ova if i lose..

he aint going..
carpe` vaginum!

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 12:39:43 PM »
super!

without that money, our troops will have to depend on their wits- not body armor or training- to get by over there.

Didn't all the pork in the bill bother you a little?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 12:40:44 PM »

. . .

They're looking for a 2008 takeover, that's why the Democratic Party is digging in and fighting the president on this issue.  

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »
Didn't all the pork in the bill bother you a little?

Good question but to be honest doesn't all that pork in every bill bother you? It certainly does me and it comes from both sides.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 12:43:43 PM »
Good question but to be honest doesn't all that pork in every bill bother you? It certainly does me and it comes from both sides.
Indeed it does! 

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 12:44:28 PM »
I'd invite everyone but Pelosi, i'd put a sign on the door OFF LIMITS TO IGNORANT BITCHES

But then Bush couldn't get into his own meeting.  :-\

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 12:45:04 PM »

I wasn't blaming Dems, and yes it does bother me especially since this was a partisan bill!

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 12:47:17 PM »
They're looking for a 2008 takeover, that's why the Democratic Party is digging in and fighting the president on this issue.  
hehehe, yeah good luck with Hillary or obama winning.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 12:48:31 PM »
bush didn't blame it on pork.

if that was his beef, we would have have it.

Bush blamed a suggestion written into it.  Worried more about how history will record his judgments in the face of suggestion, than he is about troops lives. :(

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 12:50:41 PM »
Worried more about how history will record his judgments in the face of suggestion, than he is about troops lives. :(
Is this fact, or just your opinion?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 12:52:25 PM »
I wasn't blaming Dems, and yes it does bother me especially since this was a partisan bill!

I know you weren't egj, I was just making a general statement that all pork is reprehensible.

Or should I call you mm69?  ;D

Just kidding. You're way too level headed to be mm, unless he just invented a new personality. Which seems highly unlikely.

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 12:52:48 PM »
hehehe, yeah good luck with Hillary or obama winning.

They will win - both. Obama will end up as VP on Hillary's winning ticket looking toward succeeding her in the presidency in 2016.  :)

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 12:54:12 PM »
bush didn't blame it on pork.

if that was his beef, we would have have it.

Bush blamed a suggestion written into it.  Worried more about how history will record his judgments in the face of suggestion, than he is about troops lives. :(

In the quote I heard he specifically mentioned pork, although he addressed it in a more PC way. He called it non emergency funds written into emergency funding. He said that those individual items need to be addressed on their own merit and not attached to the funding of a war. You probably just missed that part.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 12:55:40 PM »
They will win - both. Obama will end up as VP on Hillary's winning ticket looking toward succeeding her in the presidency in 2016.  :)
Do you think the reverse could happen?  Obama as president with Mrs. Clinton as the vice president?