Author Topic: Muscle Milk Diet  (Read 3209 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Muscle Milk Diet
« on: May 02, 2007, 01:03:06 PM »
I recently tried Muscle Milk and absolutely love the taste.  I haven't tried the powder yet, just the RTDs...Im a bit concerned that each drink has 17 grams of fat and 32 protein...if you do the math the muscle milk RTD has about a 40/20/40 ratio of calories from protein/carbs/fat.  The label talks about losing fat and gaining lean muscle.  Is there some logic between its 40/20/40 ratio?  Or is it just loaded with fat and some sugar to make it taste better and should be considered more of a cheat drink than a protein drink?

bodybusiness

• Getbig II
Re: Muscle Milk Diet
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 01:25:23 PM »
tried muscle milk once and it was a little too filling for me. i think if you're looking for taste in your protein shake then you buy muscle milk. but for what's in it, i don't think it's worth it ... you can get better quality protein and ingredients for the same price just without the sweet taste.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 04:00:13 PM »
The label talks about losing fat and gaining lean muscle. 

It's called marketing, welcome to Bodybuilding.

l0sts0ul

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 04:19:34 PM »
depends on what time of day you take the shake...

midmorning snack is not a bad idea , and I have a muscle milk with 1 or 2 tbsp of peanut butter before bed.

the protein that is in muscle milk takes longer to digest therefore is good to have if you are planning on not eating for more that 4 hours, or if you are scared about becoming catabolic for a length of time (other than cardio).

it has its place in your diet, but I wouldn't use it for a comlete post w/o or pre w/o, thats what isolate is for.

just my 2c
squashin the competition

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 05:59:29 PM »
I recently tried Muscle Milk and absolutely love the taste.  I haven't tried the powder yet, just the RTDs...Im a bit concerned that each drink has 17 grams of fat and 32 protein...if you do the math the muscle milk RTD has about a 40/20/40 ratio of calories from protein/carbs/fat.  The label talks about losing fat and gaining lean muscle.  Is there some logic between its 40/20/40 ratio?  Or is it just loaded with fat and some sugar to make it taste better and should be considered more of a cheat drink than a protein drink?

when u say the muscle milk diet, how many shakes a day are you planning on?

muscle milk isnt the best choice for a morning shake because u want a protein that is faster acting.

you also shouldnt be using it post workout.

i agree with you on the taste. muscle milk chocolate is by far my favorite tasting protein powder.

i use it every night before bed time.  i put 2 scoops in a blender with ice cubes, water, some oats, 2 spoons of peanut butter,

and a banana.  then after the shake is blended i mix in 1/2cup of fiber one cereal.

yeah i know thats a bit much but hey im not dieting right now...lol

i also never wake up in the middle of the night hungry.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 10:10:36 PM »
when u say the muscle milk diet, how many shakes a day are you planning on?

muscle milk isnt the best choice for a morning shake because u want a protein that is faster acting.

you also shouldnt be using it post workout.

i agree with you on the taste. muscle milk chocolate is by far my favorite tasting protein powder.

i use it every night before bed time.  i put 2 scoops in a blender with ice cubes, water, some oats, 2 spoons of peanut butter,

and a banana.  then after the shake is blended i mix in 1/2cup of fiber one cereal.

yeah i know thats a bit much but hey im not dieting right now...lol

i also never wake up in the middle of the night hungry.

By "Muscle Milk Diet" I meant I was just wondering if there is any logic in the macronutrient ratio of Musclemilk supplements.  i.e 40 % protein / 20 % carbs / 40% fat. 

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 11:15:52 PM »
Muscle milk is loaded with fat to make it taste good. It's garbage, you're better off eating ice cream, and some whey protein. It'll just get you fat too.
Team Willet
Max-OT

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 12:07:11 PM »
I wouldn't do mm...even if you can digest it (you may notice youa re a little more gassy then usual) which most can't properly because of the crap they put in it, there are much better protein choices out there.  The casein is a nice touch to help slow down the digestion of the protein but adding that whey concentrate and obsene amount of saturated faat makes mm a bust. 
Jennifer

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • The first Persian IFBB Figure Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 02:46:07 PM »
I loooooooooooooooove MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Off season, i'll have some every day! Cookies & cream tastes like heaven.. I'll put a scoop in my oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and sweeteners, delicious! I noticed the fats weren't too bad for me, it's mostly MCT's. I'm looking forward now to going off season again, thanks!  :P

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 03:55:54 PM »
I loooooooooooooooove MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Off season, i'll have some every day! Cookies & cream tastes like heaven.. I'll put a scoop in my oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and sweeteners, delicious! I noticed the fats weren't too bad for me, it's mostly MCT's. I'm looking forward now to going off season again, thanks!  :P
i'll give you some "muscle milk". :-*

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 04:03:13 PM »
Lol. sowwy, i'm dieting and i'm getting my protein from solid food only.

:-*

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 04:07:32 PM »
Lol. sowwy, i'm dieting and i'm getting my protein from solid food only.

:-*
the milk i'm talking about comes from a piece of meat so you're set. :D

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 04:10:17 PM »
I can only have fish and chicken. Coaches orders. No BEEF either.  :P

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 04:11:51 PM »
I can only have fish and chicken. Coaches orders. No BEEF either.  :P

playing hide the salami has zero claories and is great cardio. ;D

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 04:27:10 PM »
playing hide the salami has zero claories and is great cardio. ;D

What was I thinking to try to beat you in our little word game. Your resources and comebacks are endless! lol

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 04:43:32 PM »
What was I thinking to try to beat you in our little word game. Your resources and comebacks are endless! lol
hahahahahah, yes they are my gorgeous Iranian princess. ;D

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 05:44:12 PM »
Muscle Milk and diet don't belong in the same sentence. Saturated fat in your whey protien is not cool. Neither is carbs. Plus the primary ingrediant isnt even whey isolates so it does you very little justice postworkout.MCT's in MM are a gimmick. MuscleMilk has dairy fat. Stuff is great for offsesason (cuz its yummy & packed with calories) ,its good for teenagers looking to gain weight but thats about it. Never should it be used as your primary protein powder.
-

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 06:56:04 PM »
I disagree with those who are knocking Muscle Milk.  I definitely think that it isn't a good idea to drink it multiple times a day due to the fat content, but I believe it is great to take right before bed.  The slow burning nature of the protein makes it fine to take right before bed.  I have used it both while bulking and cutting, and I have to admit that it has made a noticeable positive difference in my physique.  I only take one shake a day right before bed and it has worked very well for me.  Just my two cents.   

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 11:17:39 PM »
Mix in a half or whole FROZEN banana.  The taste is UNREAL.  Now I gotta go make one, thanks.

bigjoex

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 04:09:15 PM »
muscle milk way over priced just go out and buy some protein who cares how it tastes if you want to get big then you will have to do what it takes

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 04:16:04 PM »