Author Topic: Dickerson  (Read 25218 times)

Patjock

• Getbig I
Re: Dickerson
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2007, 08:31:37 AM »
Chris is 68 and still active.
 Go to his website for seminars in Florida, etc
http://chrisdickerson.net/

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2007, 08:14:14 PM »
My girlfriend does sports rehab physical therapy . . . She and I both know Chris and when she saw a photo of his elbows from late in his career the very first thing she said to me was "Olecranon Bursitis".  It is an inflammation of a small sac of fluid located on the tip of the elbow. She's seen it in quite a few of her clients, none of whom have anything to do with bodybuilding or the associated drugs. 

I have never asked Chris directly about this because, well, it would be sort of obnoxious and it seems to me to be quite unnecessary.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »
Hey guys don't come over here that often. Thought I may add a couple of things. OK, the LEFT elbow is def bursitus. The other elbow to me anyway never looked any different.

Somewhere in my parents basement I have a mag article about Dickerson training for the 1982 olympia. He decided rather late in the year to enter. He went to bill Pearls ranch to train under him old school. There were pics and one of them shows Chris standing on a scale in shorts weeks out. Can't remember how long before that show but I am guessing about 12?? Anyway, I was shocked at how out of shape he was. Not really fat but really small. Barley looked like a guy who lifted. What I was most impressed about him was he ability to get ripped so quick. I was at the 1981 Olympia and I saw him up close. The guy was freakin shredded trust me. Would love to know what his cycle consisted of. I know he dieted on low carbs.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »
I have aways heard it was a calcuim build up, and Joe Montana also had it, and he had it shaved down.

Someone shoot Chris an email and get the real 411.........

The GH claims are complete bullshit and ANYOEN that was around in the late 70's and then the 80's knows that. The only way to get GH before 1983 was thru an extraction thru the HUMAN pituitary gland, from people who had recently died. It was NOT available to athletes, because it the supply was almost non existant and children with defective pituitary glands needed that shit to grow to normal heights.

In 1983 Eli Lilly brought to market the FIRST synthetic GH, called Humatrope. I know people who used this in the 80's, and even the synthetic GH was thousands of dollars, thousands.

When Bob Paris won Nationals he was on a 4 week supply of GH, it ran him $2K. $2K back in the mid 80's was serious cash. I used to buy REAL deca back then for $5 an amp. D bol -100 for $20 bucks. So GH was not around when Dickerson was winning all his shows (78-82), and even if it was it would have been too costly to really slam it.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2008, 09:31:50 AM »
Obviously Dickerson knew his stuff, going from out-of-shape to muscular and conditioned in record time.
Apparently another in this league was Mohammed Makkawy.

Moosejay

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2008, 03:18:13 PM »
I have aways heard it was a calcuim build up, and Joe Montana also had it, and he had it shaved down.

Someone shoot Chris an email and get the real 411.........

The GH claims are complete bullshit and ANYOEN that was around in the late 70's and then the 80's knows that. The only way to get GH before 1983 was thru an extraction thru the HUMAN pituitary gland, from people who had recently died. It was NOT available to athletes, because it the supply was almost non existant and children with defective pituitary glands needed that shit to grow to normal heights.

In 1983 Eli Lilly brought to market the FIRST synthetic GH, called Humatrope. I know people who used this in the 80's, and even the synthetic GH was thousands of dollars, thousands.

When Bob Paris won Nationals he was on a 4 week supply of GH, it ran him $2K. $2K back in the mid 80's was serious cash. I used to buy REAL deca back then for $5 an amp. D bol -100 for $20 bucks. So GH was not around when Dickerson was winning all his shows (78-82), and even if it was it would have been too costly to really slam it.

JV...it was likely around for HIM, though

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »
The growth hormone rumors about Chris are really ironic . . . When he was preparing for his seminar this past January (2008), he told me that he was a bit concerned that there might be some questions from the audience about growth hormone and other "modern" performance enhancing drugs . . . What was his concern?  He knows absolutely NOTHING about growth hormone and such things, and didn't want to appear "out of step" with the current state of anabolic enhancement in the sport.  I had to laugh to myself that there are some out there that are absolutely CONVINCED that he used (or abused) substances that, in fact, he has not ever had a glancing acquaintance with.  ;)

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2008, 11:11:40 PM »
The growth hormone rumors about Chris are really ironic . . . When he was preparing for his seminar this past January (2008), he told me that he was a bit concerned that there might be some questions from the audience about growth hormone and other "modern" performance enhancing drugs . . . What was his concern?  He knows absolutely NOTHING about growth hormone and such things, and didn't want to appear "out of step" with the current state of anabolic enhancement in the sport.  I had to laugh to myself that there are some out there that are absolutely CONVINCED that he used (or abused) substances that, in fact, he has not ever had a glancing acquaintance with.  ;)

Thank you!

JV...it was likely around for HIM, though

See above. No one had GH before 83-no one. Synthetic GH is what  BBer's used, if they COULD afford it, and it did not come out until 83.