Author Topic: For the married woman  (Read 2050 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
For the married woman
« on: May 03, 2007, 12:59:56 PM »
Just a quick question for all the married ladies out there in getbig land. Does it bother you when your husband doesn't wear his wedding ring? I only wear my ring about 50% of the time & it drives my wife nuts.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: For the married woman
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 01:18:01 AM »
Just a quick question for all the married ladies out there in getbig land. Does it bother you when your husband doesn't wear his wedding ring? I only wear my ring about 50% of the time & it drives my wife nuts.

just drop a dumbbell on it and show her it afterwards and she will agree that wearing it all the time isnt a good idea  ;)
Z

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 06:27:39 AM »
Just a quick question for all the married ladies out there in getbig land. Does it bother you when your husband doesn't wear his wedding ring?
No.  He has never worn one....he's not a big fan of wearing jewelry.
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 07:07:54 AM »
Would you feel comfortable with her going out and about without her rings?

I believe that unless you are allergic to gold or platinum, or work with heavy machinery or a job where it is a safety hazard.

Most women feel like if the man doesn't want to wear his ring when away from the wife...there is an alliterative motive.
:D Weee

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
My husband never had a wedding ring at all.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 08:53:37 AM »
Would you feel comfortable with her going out and about without her rings?

It doesn't matter to me. I trust her & she trusts me.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 08:54:38 AM »
Most women feel like if the man doesn't want to wear his ring when away from the wife...there is an alliterative motive.

I know what you mean there. I just forget to wear it - I'll take it off to do dishes or clean something & then forget about it. She knows she's got nothing to worry about - I'm not the running around type.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 08:57:16 AM »
It doesn't matter to me. I trust her & she trusts me.
With that said (which is wonderful btw), if she is upset that you don't wear it 100% of the time, it may be because she thinks you should feel proud wearing it, like you are boasting that you are happily taken and you want the world to know it.
:D Weee

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 10:04:28 AM »
It's never been an issue...both hubbies always wore/wear their's.

Lisa

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 11:06:44 AM »
I used to wear mine all the time...except for when I worked out.  Ex wife didn't like that fact....so to appease her...I wore it & practically destroyed it within a few weeks.  She agreed & thought it was best not to when I work on cars, work out, or when I use my hands.

Personally, I known two guys that almost lost their fingers wearing a ring.

One guy was hunting in a tree stand & when he was getting down, snagged his ring on the tree stand with his body weight behind it.  The ring finger immediately swelled up so bad, the ring had to be cut off or they had to cut off his finger.

The second guy was a firefighter & when doing some maint. on a truck, got it snagged with his bodyweight behind it.  Same exact thing happened...the ring finger immediately swelled up.  Luckily, they cut the ring off immediately.

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 08:44:04 PM »
i dont care...no biggie to me.  i know my man is all mine...i don't need the ring to prove it.