Author Topic: Tommy Thompson: I 'Misinterpreted' Gay Question  (Read 645 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Tommy Thompson: I 'Misinterpreted' Gay Question
« on: May 05, 2007, 10:25:37 AM »
What a dumb spin.  Just man up and take a stand already.   ::)

Friday, May 4, 2007 1:05 p.m. EDT

Republican presidential candidate Tommy Thompson apologized for saying an employer should be allowed to fire a gay worker solely for being gay.

Thompson said he had misunderstood a question Thursday during a GOP candidates' debate in California. The question: "If a private employer finds homosexuality immoral, should he be allowed to fire a gay worker?"

His response: "I think that is left up to the individual business. I really sincerely believe that that is an issue that business people have got to make their own determination as to whether or not they should be."

Asked if his answer was yes, Thompson said, "Yes."

On Friday, Thompson told CNN he should have asked the moderator to repeat the question.

"I made a mistake. I misinterpreted the question," Thompson said in a telephone interview. "I didn't hear, I didn't hear the question properly and I apologize."

Thompson spokesman Tony Jewell said the former Wisconsin governor does not believe any form of discrimination in the workplace is justified.

"His long record reflects that belief," Jewell said.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/5/4/130651.shtml?s=ic

Purge_WTF

Re: Tommy Thompson: I 'Misinterpreted' Gay Question
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 07:32:41 AM »
  Yeah, on Bill Maher's show this past friday, he said his hearing aid fell out. Uh-huh.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Re: Tommy Thompson: I 'Misinterpreted' Gay Question
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 12:54:07 PM »

Friday, May 4, 2007 1:05 p.m. EDT

On Friday, Thompson told CNN he should have asked the moderator to repeat the question.

"I made a mistake. I misinterpreted the question," Thompson said in a telephone interview. "I didn't hear, I didn't hear the question properly

hahahahaha