Author Topic: Why does everything need to be about race in the US?  (Read 4250 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Why does everything need to be about race in the US?
« on: May 06, 2007, 03:04:54 PM »
As an American it sickens me that everything needs to be analyzed in a racial way.  I promise this is a political point.

EXAMPLE:  Recent examples in sports.  One study found that black NBA players were penalized in the league than white players.

Most recently, there was a poll about the views on whites and blacks about the Bonds chase.

Okay, now that the sports examples are out of the way, take a look at them and what they mean. Why does it need to be like this?  Even though there are far more black players in the NBA, it is a race issue.  Even though most people who watch baseball do not like Bonds and never have it is a race issue.  Do we intentionally polarize ourselves?  Who is the cause of this?  What purpose does this serve?  I bet Jesse Jackson (Mr. Role Reversal) loves this; perfect ammo for him.
Squishy face retard

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: Why does everything need to be about race in the US?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 03:16:34 PM »
Cause it's part of life.

If a cop sees you driving a Ferrari down the highway (I presume you're white) chances are you will not be stopped. Now, if you're black and do the same thing, fogedabourit!

Likewise, I work for a financial services company and usually take strolls through what we call "data input" departments, where 90% of the staff is either black or minority. Yet the managers, all of them are white.

And we can extrapolate this to pretty much anything in life. A lot of people don't like to hear about these things, but they are a reality.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 03:28:21 PM »
Cause it's part of life.

If a cop sees you driving a Ferrari down the highway (I presume you're white) chances are you will not be stopped. Now, if you're black and do the same thing, fogedabourit!

Likewise, I work for a financial services company and usually take strolls through what we call "data input" departments, where 90% of the staff is either black or minority. Yet the managers, all of them are white.

And we can extrapolate this to pretty much anything in life. A lot of people don't like to hear about these things, but they are a reality.
But why in a diverse sport like baseball does it need to come up?  Asians, whites, blacks, dominicans, puerto ricans, canadians, etc and it gets put into a black/white dichotomy.  Why?  The NBA example...fuggetaboudit. ..I should call the ACLU on them for diversity but why?  People are succeeding in a certain avenue of life, whether I like the sport or not.  We only talk about race in this country when it is black versus white and who starts that discussion?  Why?  It is more divisive than anything else and the people making polls, writing articles, doing studies just piss people off more but never SOLVE anything.
Squishy face retard

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 05:02:45 PM »
All about statistics, and crime.

you have a link to the poll on the black v white response on the Bonds chase? I'd like to see that.

Main reason they are going after Bonds is he lied to them.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »
All about statistics, and crime.

you have a link to the poll on the black v white response on the Bonds chase? I'd like to see that.

Main reason they are going after Bonds is he lied to them.
I understand the crime part but for frivolous shit like sports it is stupid and makes race too big of an issue.  Honestly, if certain groups are offended by their representation in crime stas.....DON'T COMMIT IT.  Nobody puts a gun to ANYBODY's head and tells them to steal a car.  Here is the link on Bonds.  The questions asked were stupid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2861930
Squishy face retard

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 05:19:26 PM »
The degree of racism varies from country to country. The United States has lingering unresolved issues, though it IS better than it was and in some ways is improving. Contrast that with some European countries or Canada that don't have this problem and one wonders how long it's gonna take for you Americans to get it together. ;)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 05:19:57 PM »
thanks for the link...hmmmm I don't agree with why they would want to point the obvious out, and cloud it in a race issue. Stats did show that there was no white bias. But blacks did think that race was a issue...I feel that most older white people hate change period.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 05:25:03 PM »
It's really more about the media making an issue where there really isn't one.

It's a way to make people respond or react to something which on its own, would mean basically nothing.

It's all bullshit...

Both sides demagogue the situations and it's sad.

Racism is almost nothing in todays society (at least in America).

The reality is that other countries are far more racist than the US... Ever been to Japan? Trust me on this one.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 05:31:19 PM »

It's a way to make people respond or react to something which on its own, would mean basically nothing.

It's all bullshit...

Both sides demagogue the situations and it's sad.

Racism is almost nothing in todays society (at least in America).

The reality is that other countries are far more racist than the US... Ever been to Japan? Trust me on this one.
The day we have a caste system like India let me know because then and only then will anyone here have something to bitch about.  Racism here will never end just as it will never end ANYWHERE.  As long as people are different there will be racism.  America made more change in 40 years than most did in hundreds.  It's because Jesse Jackson wants role reversal and then and only then will he be happy.  Aside from race in crime, where is it honestly a big issue just inside this country?  In jobs?  Aff action is racist and it doesn't benefit whites.
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 05:41:05 PM »
The day we have a caste system like India let me know because then and only then will anyone here have something to bitch about.  Racism here will never end just as it will never end ANYWHERE.  As long as people are different there will be racism.  America made more change in 40 years than most did in hundreds.  It's because Jesse Jackson wants role reversal and then and only then will he be happy.  Aside from race in crime, where is it honestly a big issue just inside this country?  In jobs?  Aff action is racist and it doesn't benefit whites.

I don't disagree... I'm interracial myself and I can honestly say that I don't know anyone in my family (Not even my grandmother or grandfather) who would ever look at me and say they've been "oppressed".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 05:48:25 PM »

Exactly.  The media is constantly playing the race card.  The NBA story is absurd.  I watch a lot of NBA basketball and I have never once even thought about fouls being called based on race.  Ridiculous. 

I hate the media. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 06:10:18 PM »
Exactly.  The media is constantly playing the race card.  The NBA story is absurd.  I watch a lot of NBA basketball and I have never once even thought about fouls being called based on race.  Ridiculous. 

I hate the media. 

The media does it on the behalf of many black people..

It's people like Al Sharpton that bring up race in regards to NFL head coaches and what not.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 06:14:32 PM »
But why in a diverse sport like baseball does it need to come up?  Asians, whites, blacks, dominicans, puerto ricans, canadians, etc and it gets put into a black/white dichotomy.  Why?  The NBA example...fuggetaboudit. ..I should call the ACLU on them for diversity but why?  People are succeeding in a certain avenue of life, whether I like the sport or not.  We only talk about race in this country when it is black versus white and who starts that discussion?  Why?  It is more divisive than anything else and the people making polls, writing articles, doing studies just piss people off more but never SOLVE anything.

I guess if I put a picture up...

That picture was taken in the US, at a time your grandfather (and mine) was a teenager and hence may remember the times... Ask him, he may be able to shed some light into the subject of America being a "beacon of freedom since its inception" (GW Bush).

I can't really say it enough, but the reality for all African-Americans is that, although lynchings are no longer part of the represive repertoir of The Whites, many of them are (disproportionately) in death row, waiting for the lethal injection or electrocution. So, all in all, NBA star or top-selling rapper, you know your black ass is on the line, AT ANY TIME. They are still, I hate to say it, on survival mode.

Bottom line.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 06:18:08 PM »
The media does it on the behalf of many black people..

It's people like Al Sharpton that bring up race in regards to NFL head coaches and what not.

I disagree.  They bring it up because it is controversial and it sells.  They aren't pandering to "many black people."  The Al Sharpton's of the world aren't significant enough from a dollars and cents standpoint for the media to care what they think.  

The media has been doing this for decades.  They did it with O.J. and any other trial where you have a perp and victim of different races.  We all know there were about 9 blacks on the O.J. jury.  How many were on the Robert Blake jury?  How about Scott Peterson's jury?  I don't know (without looking), because the media didn't highlight this.  They didn't need to play the race card in those trials.  This happens daily.  And not just with race.  The media is constantly manipulating the news.  

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »
Hmmmm...comparing lynchings in the SOUTH compared to present day US?  Good one.  There are more whites in jail.  Period.  The fact that blacks commit frequent violent crime (as opposed to serial killers who are mostly white) is just a reality.  Anyone can commit murder but apparently some find it more appealing to do and when large numbers do it then it stands out.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 06:22:06 PM »

That picture was taken in the US, at a time your grandfather (and mine) was a teenager and hence may remember the times... Ask him, he may be able to shed some light into the subject of America being a "beacon of freedom since its inception" (GW Bush).

I can't really say it enough, but the reality for all African-Americans is that, although lynchings are no longer part of the represive repertoir of The Whites, many of them are (disproportionately) in death row, waiting for the lethal injection or electrocution. So, all in all, NBA star or top-selling rapper, you know your black ass is on the line, AT ANY TIME. They are still, I hate to say it, on survival mode.

Bottom line.

I'm not sure how old you are or when that picture was taken, but lynchings were common through the 1950s and 60s.  That is very recent history.  Not necessarily your grandfather's history either.  I know a number of people, white and black, who lived through the civil rights movement.  It wasn't that long ago.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 06:24:53 PM »
Hmmmm...comparing lynchings in the SOUTH compared to present day US?  Good one.  There are more whites in jail.  Period.  The fact that blacks commit frequent violent crime (as opposed to serial killers who are mostly white) is just a reality.  Anyone can commit murder but apparently some find it more appealing to do and when large numbers do it then it stands out.

It's not just a reality.  You didn't mention pedophilia.  Or the income and education level of people who commit crimes.  Random violent crimes are largely committed by the uneducated and poor, regardless of race.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 06:26:04 PM »

Bottom line.

I disagree... If you're an NBA star or a rapper... They're out to get you, but that's because you're FAMOUS, not because you're black... How many people were out to get Eminem? Loads... he basically went into seclusion because of it.

People want to see famous people fail... it makes them feel better.. Hence, the whole Britney Spears saga.

It's not about being black... the most famous black female of today (Beyonce in my opinion) doesn't worry about being black, because she stays out of trouble.

The NBA is predominantly black, but only the Iverson's get in trouble... because they ARE trouble.

As far as lynchings and the like are concerned... There were lynchings, but no black teenager today (or under 40 for that matter) has had to live in fear of them. I don't think gang bangers today are running around living in fear of lynching.

As far as the criminal justice system is concerned... There are a lot of black people in prison and on death row, but is that a race thing? I don't know... None of my family are... Maybe because they try to better themselves by working hard and not taking any easy way out.

If you are black (Your statements tend to make me believe you are) then I would like to know how many family members you have in Prison? Are they innocent?

It's not just a reality.  You didn't mention pedophilia.  Or the income and education level of people who commit crimes.  Random violent crimes are largely committed by the uneducated and poor, regardless of race.   

I agree... It's definitely a class issue, but not related to race... It's about education and the belief in ones self more than anything.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 06:31:18 PM »
Being poor does not explain or make violent crime more likely to happen.  Being a degnerate and growing up around others like that (such as gangs) makes one do that.  A guy here locally, probably lower class or at least a working man, shot and killed a man over a parking spot.  The shooter was black.  You mean to tell me that if he had a college degree he wouldn't shoot someone but (and I am assuming) that if he had a HS degree that he is more likely to do it? 
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 06:40:43 PM »
Being poor does not explain or make violent crime more likely to happen.  Being a degnerate and growing up around others like that (such as gangs) makes one do that.  A guy here locally, probably lower class or at least a working man, shot and killed a man over a parking spot.  The shooter was black.  You mean to tell me that if he had a college degree he wouldn't shoot someone but (and I am assuming) that if he had a HS degree that he is more likely to do it? 

I doubt the prisons are full of people, regardless of education and income, who shot someone over a parking space.  What the facts show is educated people who make decent incomes don't commit most of the random violent crime in this country, regardless of race.  Our prisons are not full of college graduates (state prisons anyway).  There is an absolute correlation between crime, income, and education.   

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »
I doubt the prisons are full of people, regardless of education and income, who shot someone over a parking space.  What the facts show is educated people who make decent incomes don't commit most of the random violent crime in this country, regardless of race.  Our prisons are not full of college graduates (state prisons anyway).  There is an absolute correlation between crime, income, and education.   
You are 100% right about the negative correlation.  My point is that are we going to now blame only having a HS diploma on crime?  Income and education should explain robbery and theft more than assault or murder. 
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 07:31:53 PM »
You are 100% right about the negative correlation.  My point is that are we going to now blame only having a HS diploma on crime?  Income and education should explain robbery and theft more than assault or murder. 

No.  My point is these race-based statistics are unrealiable and meaningless for a variety of reasons, one being the correlation between income, education, and crime. 

I'm not talking about justifying crime, lessening punishments, etc. 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 07:39:52 PM »
No.  My point is these race-based statistics are unrealiable and meaningless for a variety of reasons, one being the correlation between income, education, and crime. 

I'm not talking about justifying crime, lessening punishments, etc. 
I know you are not but race based statistics, especially in areas where that race is highly concentrated, are useful because profiling in certain areas works.  The original point that I was trying to make was that people try to being race into everything is stupid and defeats anything that people against racism are trying to do.  Looking at race crime stats is pointless when trying to make policy and when punishing and there we agree. 
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 07:56:31 PM »
I know you are not but race based statistics, especially in areas where that race is highly concentrated, are useful because profiling in certain areas works.  The original point that I was trying to make was that people try to being race into everything is stupid and defeats anything that people against racism are trying to do.  Looking at race crime stats is pointless when trying to make policy and when punishing and there we agree. 

Except profiling is illegal.   :)

I agree with your original point about race being injected into areas it doesn't belong, like NBA officiating.  I primarily blame the media. 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 08:18:43 PM »
Except profiling is illegal.   :)

I agree with your original point about race being injected into areas it doesn't belong, like NBA officiating.  I primarily blame the media. 
Does anyone on this board honestly think if you were patrolling a primarily black area or Mexican area that you are not going to target that group?  Racial profiling may be illegal but it is effective.
Squishy face retard