Author Topic: The Biggest Gas Run in History  (Read 3706 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: The Biggest Gas Run in History
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 08:11:38 AM »
Do people really need to drive an SUV to do shopping and pick up the kids.

Yes!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 08:24:36 AM »
1) 30 crybabies mean nothing - we're talking trillions of dollars.

2) Bush will veto anything which pisses on his oil parade

3) These folks don't want the drilling right offshore, which isn't unreasonable if you live and work in that area.  Calling a fisherman a "lib" and blaming him for Exxon's folly - because he doesn't want a refinery where he does his shrimping - is a tad elitist, Joe.

My point in all of this is that the war in iraq is tkaing place to secure oil.  Instead of agreeing or disagreeing, you decided to blame our oil need on liberals.  Let's takee a step back.  Joe, do you think the war in Iraq is about oil - yes or no?

Do I think the war is "all about the oil"? .........no, of course not, but we do have to protect our intrests. And if you think it's just "30 crybabies" you're dead wrong, it's damn near every Liberal in DC and the environmentalists who follow and the other way around, don't get me wrong, it's great to protect the oceans and beaches, hell, I live on the beach and hate to see it trashed and shit washing up on shore, but at the sametime, it pisses me off when we have to depend on foreign oil when we have it right in our own back yard and then when prices go up the Dem's put the blame on the administration.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »
We have plenty more corn fields then we have oil fields and I would like nothing more then to make all those useless friggen arabs go back to farming dirt and eating sand if we get off oil. Plus we will help our farmers and reenergize that part of our economy.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 08:49:10 AM »
We have plenty more corn fields then we have oil fields and I would like nothing more then to make all those useless friggen arabs go back to farming dirt and eating sand if we get off oil. Plus we will help our farmers and reenergize that part of our economy.

Well, it wasn't until this year the Bush administration started to make any kind of effort to support alternative fuel sources that could be made by US farmers.

Why?

Good damn question. And you have to wonder where the loyalties of Bush lies: With the farmers of USA or with the Saudi royal family?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 10:14:03 AM »
Well, it wasn't until this year the Bush administration started to make any kind of effort to support alternative fuel sources that could be made by US farmers.

Why?

Because some of the major oil companies have started alternative fuel programs.  They know which way the wind's blowing.  http://www.conocophillips.com/et/index.htm