Author Topic: am i in trouble?  (Read 1777 times)

strength and honor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
am i in trouble?
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:15:05 PM »
i just started this cycle and im frontloading with prop.  i have been shooting in my delts...the first couple of shots were fine, but the last two shots i did in each shoulder hurt quite a bit after and i noticed a bit of a lump around each injection site of each delt.  the one on my left delt is a bit larger than the one on my right, but i have lumps on both.  is this common with prop?  the test enth and eq are fine...but its just where i shot the prop in delts that hurts.  i am very good with making sure things are sterile, i swabbed the top of the vial and my injection area and i made sure that the pin didnt touch anything before injection.  i have never used prop before, so i am not sure if this is a common occurance.  i take antibiotics for acne, 250mg of cephalexin 2 times a day, so would this kill anything that might of gotten in there?  im gettin kinda nervous...my delts are sore and there is a little bolus around the injection site, but im still able to train.  i really hope this is nothing to worry about...please let me know. thanks fellas.
                                  -strength

4thAD

Re: am i in trouble?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:42:53 PM »
relax bro its probably just the prop. Prop has a tendency to do that!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 04:38:09 AM »
i just started this cycle and im frontloading with prop.  i have been shooting in my delts...the first couple of shots were fine, but the last two shots i did in each shoulder hurt quite a bit after and i noticed a bit of a lump around each injection site of each delt.  the one on my left delt is a bit larger than the one on my right, but i have lumps on both.  is this common with prop?  the test enth and eq are fine...but its just where i shot the prop in delts that hurts.  i am very good with making sure things are sterile, i swabbed the top of the vial and my injection area and i made sure that the pin didnt touch anything before injection.  i have never used prop before, so i am not sure if this is a common occurance.  i take antibiotics for acne, 250mg of cephalexin 2 times a day, so would this kill anything that might of gotten in there?  im gettin kinda nervous...my delts are sore and there is a little bolus around the injection site, but im still able to train.  i really hope this is nothing to worry about...please let me know. thanks fellas.
                                  -strength

You better find more injection sites than just delts for a decent run of prop.  You will be overusing just 2 sites with the oil volume and inject frequency.  The area will become saturated and problems will start.  Use you glutes too, 4-6 spots should give a good rotation.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 05:15:03 AM »
                                  -strength
Did you swab before and after the shot? Swab the vial? Better safe then sorry. Mind you prop shots sting like a bee and will leave a slight lump. I would rotate the shots around.

PB

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 05:20:00 AM »
i take antibiotics for acne, 250mg of cephalexin 2 times a day, so would this kill anything that might of gotten in there?  im gettin kinda nervous...my delts are sore and there is a little bolus around the injection site, but im still able to train.  i really hope this is nothing to worry about...please let me know. thanks fellas.
                                  -strength

Does sound like a typical prop injection.  Avoid that site for a bit.  Over the next few days it should start to hurt less, not more.

Your point about being on cephalexin--that it may somehow protect you--may or may not be true.  You might also be predisposing yourself more to resistant strains, such as MRSA (methicillin-resistant staph aureus).  I always worry about patients I treat with musculoskeletal infections who are on these chronic abx for acne.

bigjohN79

• Getbig IV
  • FEAR THE BOG!!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 02:55:55 PM »
it happens man, lumping , but now if u see a weird discoloration(if thats a word) then u may have some issues.
FEAR THE BAPP!

strength and honor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 07:11:17 PM »
what type of discoloration?  i have heard that prop can cause a bit of redness...and on my first shot of prop it was a bit red right below the injection site, but again, i have heard this is quite common with prop.  i am assuming i should lay off shooting into my delts for a couple of weeks then, or is it ok to continue to shoot into lumps?  right now im shooting in my pecs, delts and, quads...i am not a fan of glute injections, but if i have to i will.  let me know, thanks fellas.
                               -strength

bigjohN79

• Getbig IV
  • FEAR THE BOG!!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 11:47:27 PM »
It has nothing to do with what ur injecting, but of what is being caused by the injection, such as an infection or what not.  change of color
FEAR THE BAPP!

maffie

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 02:42:10 AM »
I think it's mostly due to the ester (prop). Many people are allergic to the ester, or the ester simply causes too much irritation (only 3 carbon, so it's not as hydrophobic and eth or cyp) to the user.

As for infections... are you feeling warmth in the area? Is there pus? Does the pain travel down?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 03:38:37 AM »
I think it's mostly due to the ester (prop). Many people are allergic to the ester, or the ester simply causes too much irritation (only 3 carbon, so it's not as hydrophobic and eth or cyp) to the user.

As for infections... are you feeling warmth in the area? Is there pus? Does the pain travel down?

good post, I agree prop can be a pain.  I used prop for about 12 weeks lately as part of a pre-contest cycle and by the end of the 12 weeks the prop was becoming almost unbearable as far as reactions and pain.  Every shot at the end was blowing up and getting swolllen and red.