Author Topic: Cutting Tip for Naturals...  (Read 1046 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Cutting Tip for Naturals...
« on: May 08, 2007, 06:02:31 AM »
If you are cutting, just skip a meal. This way you will 'save' several hundred calories per week.
The ideal thing is to sleep more while eating less, because when you sleep, the body starts burning fat instead of carbs. The body has enough amino acids in the bloodstream when you eat properly to 'survive' without food for a time.

So, a nap in the afternoon will help you lose fat, feel refreshed and you don't feel hungry when you sleep.

I sometime even skip a meal in the evening, i only have some omega3 fatty acids before sleep or some BCAA, but NO full meal.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: Cutting Tip for Naturals...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 08:30:50 AM »
If you are cutting, just skip a meal. This way you will 'save' several hundred calories per week.
The ideal thing is to sleep more while eating less, because when you sleep, the body starts burning fat instead of carbs. The body has enough amino acids in the bloodstream when you eat properly to 'survive' without food for a time.

So, a nap in the afternoon will help you lose fat, feel refreshed and you don't feel hungry when you sleep.

I sometime even skip a meal in the evening, i only have some omega3 fatty acids before sleep or some BCAA, but NO full meal.

Isn't meal skipping what we are instructed not to do because of the issue of metabolic slow down.  Wouldn't the same number of meals with reduced calories in each be more effective?  Just a point for discussion.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 09:46:03 AM »
Isn't meal skipping what we are instructed not to do because of the issue of metabolic slow down.  Wouldn't the same number of meals with reduced calories in each be more effective?  Just a point for discussion.

Yes and no.
Eating more meals is meant to keep your metabolism high, but when I cut the calories (portions) of the meals down I often finish the meal still feeling hungry.
My mind then can only think of food and I then end up blowing it some where down the line.
So when I cut I also drop meals but including shakes I never have less than 5 meals a day.
I simply drop the night time meal and for the rest of the meals I increase protein and cut back on carbs.
Each meal leaves me feeling satisfied.
I know it is only a psychological thing but the mind is a powerfull thing.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 09:47:40 AM »

Your metabolism won't slow down if you skip one meal.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 11:35:06 AM »

I do the same, sometimes a huge dose of BCAA's and then 20-30 minutes later some sugar free fiber, and I can get to sleep without feeling hungry. I'll use this strategy very sparingly though since I workout in the evenings and will usually have a post workout shake then a last meal of the day. The most important thing is to pay attention to your weekly totals, not day to day.

I don't think the body always will burn fat first though while you sleep unless its been coaxed to do so from your diet or supplement intake before bed. A large daily amount of protein before your last meal will probably give you enough to sustain muscle-building and fat-burning overnight, but if you're on a severely low calorie diet I wouldn't regularly skip your last meal of the day

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 12:04:19 PM »
I do the same, sometimes a huge dose of BCAA's and then 20-30 minutes later some sugar free fiber, and I can get to sleep without feeling hungry. I'll use this strategy very sparingly though since I workout in the evenings and will usually have a post workout shake then a last meal of the day. The most important thing is to pay attention to your weekly totals, not day to day.

I don't think the body always will burn fat first though while you sleep unless its been coaxed to do so from your diet or supplement intake before bed. A large daily amount of protein before your last meal will probably give you enough to sustain muscle-building and fat-burning overnight, but if you're on a severely low calorie diet I wouldn't regularly skip your last meal of the day

Sorry, i didn't think about that.

Good point!!