Author Topic: Rodney St. Cloud & the P.D.I.  (Read 13427 times)

Rodney St. Cloud

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Rodney St. Cloud & the P.D.I.
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:26:19 PM »
Hello fans, friends, and fellow Bodybuilders

Let me start by saying I love competing as a Professional Bodybuilder, as I love being an Male exotic dancer, web designer, website owner, and a father. I wanted to update everyone about whats going on with me and the move that I made. Although I was apprehensive about jumping over I decided to make the move anyway. In my postion at the time I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Let me share this with everyone

While I was with the I.F.B.B. this what I made from 2000-2006
             $0           2000
             $0           2001
             $9000 in 2003
             $0           2004
             $9500 in 2006

Total     $18,500
Also no guest posing, 
Also dealt with being held back because I am a male exotic dancer!!!, and own my own website which has nudity in it.
I would also guess this is why I did not pick up a sponsor? But you have Frank Zepe who has done Play Girl and has had a sponsor, magazine covers,etc

What I have earned with the P.D.I. in 6 months

$3000 2006
Guest posed in France in November
Guest posed in England 2 weeks ago with seminars
Guest in Ohio
and 2 more guest posing with seminars

This is a no brainier
Oh yeah I can also entertain the ladies as a male exotic dancer the weekends I am not doing guest appearances, as well as keep my website.

P.S. If the P.D.I. were to fold today I have already benefited from Wayne Demilias P.D.I. in 6 months than I did as an I.F.B.B. PRO in 6years

Don't forget
I am a 2x Olympian competitor

SAD!!!

Stay Focused 

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Rodney St. Cloud & the P.D.I.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 08:55:19 PM »

Let me start by saying I love competing as a Professional Bodybuilder, as I love being an Male exotic dancer, web designer, website owner, and a father. I wanted to update everyone about whats going on with me and the move that I made. Although I was apprehensive about jumping over I decided to make the move anyway. In my postion at the time I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Let me share this with everyone

$0           2000
             $0           2001
             $9000 in 2003
             $0           2004
             $9500 in 2006

Total     $18,500
Also no guest posing, 
Also dealt with being held back because I am a male exotic dancer!!!, and own my own website which has nudity in it.
I would also guess this is why I did not pick up a sponsor? But you have Frank Zepe who has done Play Girl and has had a sponsor, magazine covers,etc

$3000 2006
Guest in Ohio

This is a no brainier
Oh yeah I can also entertain the ladies as a male exotic dancer the weekends I am not doing guest appearances, as well as keep my website.

P.S. If the P.D.I. were to fold today I have already benefited from Wayne Demilias P.D.I. in 6 months than I did as an I.F.B.B. PRO in 6years

Don't forget

SAD!!!

Stay Focused 
well said,good luck with your venture

bench

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 11:37:02 PM »
Hi Rodney! Good to see you here.  :)

Rhonda

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 11:48:52 PM »
Good luck, Rodney. When I first picked up the weights, I remember your physique being the one I most wanted to be like, of all the Olympians at that time. Everyone wants to be popular with the ladies :)

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 01:37:41 AM »
I don't recall hearing that you got a letter of suspension from the IFBB, have you been suspended?

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 02:47:41 AM »
 Hey Rod........

Glad to see u here sharing things all over,,,,,, it was such an honor to stand next to u at the UK NOC...it was a dream for me coz i was only watching u on magazines and contest DVD such Mr.O and so....never thought one day i will meet u in person and hang out for a PIZZA ;D it was hell of a day ha??

what u did back stage with all the Athletes been so great from u to warm up with them and help them to pump up and i was one of them ( THANK YOU) ;)

will see u in Europe tour Bro.....

~ The Black Smith ~

Rodney St. Cloud

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 04:50:32 AM »
Hello everyone

Its great to share my experience with everyone. I know it may help the next generation of bodybuilders coming up.
 Whats up Sami. I also had a great time talking about Bodybuilding while eating pizza. One of the things I remember the most is you telling about the Asian games, and that the winner wins $500,000 all I kept thinking is after 18 years of competing and making at the most $18,500 and spending, well lets just say If I won $500,000 I might be out of negative in earnings.
 Cant wait until wait until this season of competition especially when we go to Barbados, party time!!!
Oh yeah my suspension
 Well I never received an of letter acknowledging me being suspended. I guess they have better issues to deal with other than me.

I guess its hard to suspend or fire someone who does not work for you or is not on your payroll!!!

One last thing I want everone to think about its deep and its sad.

When a promoter throws a stripshow usually I am booked and I the promoters handle flight, hotel, and food expense on top of the tips I can make the night of the show, especially when there is 300-500 women in attendance.

Know lets say I am not being payed to dance. With 100 women in attendance at the strip show I have the potential to make more money at the strip show than I would at any of the smaller I.F.B.B. shows if I did not make the top 5, and thats being a Olympian Pro Bodybuilder.

Damn!!!
Thats sad. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 05:50:49 AM »
Welcome to getbig Rodney, nice to have you here...

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 06:09:04 AM »
Sup Rodney 8)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 08:29:45 AM »
Rodney,

Thanks for being so candid! The reason I read Getbig is because, sooner or later, I will read the truth about the bodybuilding world. Your honesty is welcome here.

Good luck in the PDI, and all the other PDI competitors.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 01:36:53 PM »
Good for you Rodney.  I think it's a good idea for guys in your position to explore the PDI, I can name at least 10-15 guys who would benefit from going over there judging by thier placings and the quality physique they present.

Can't wait to see what Bob Chick has to say in this thread.
nasser=piece of shit

ChrisGlass

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 02:28:02 PM »
     As a future 'pro- hopeful' I feel good knowing that there is someone who'll pay us to compete at that level.  The cream will rise to the top in this organization.  I don't believe the comments about 'sub par' or '3rd tier' physiques will last long.  If The federation sticks it out, top guys will want to diversify.  It sounds like a great way to reach foreign markets who eat dvds for breakfast and would probably buy every shirt you're selling but the one off your back!  I'd be stoked to 'go to work' and know I'd get a paycheck... wouldn't you?  If we support bodybuilding then this looks like a win/ win.  Agreed?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »
     As a future 'pro- hopeful' I feel good knowing that there is someone who'll pay us to compete at that level.  The cream will rise to the top in this organization.  I don't believe the comments about 'sub par' or '3rd tier' physiques will last long.  If The federation sticks it out, top guys will want to diversify.  It sounds like a great way to reach foreign markets who eat dvds for breakfast and would probably buy every shirt you're selling but the one off your back!  I'd be stoked to 'go to work' and know I'd get a paycheck... wouldn't you?  If we support bodybuilding then this looks like a win/ win.  Agreed?

Yes. But are you really a "pro hopeful"? You doing nationals or some other pro qualifier?

ChrisGlass

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 02:39:45 PM »
I'm not even going to start talking about how great I am or anything of the sort.  I am fortunate to have the support of MHP and I'm just being patient.  I'll get back on stage in '09 after 7 years of decent placings in Natural shows.  I'm no big shot, but through basic business sense, local marketing, and some qualified advice I've been lucrative enough to pursue the sport with proper attention...  I wouldn't expect anyone to know me outside of the Southeast Region really.  I'll get there, though.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 02:50:23 PM »
I'm not even going to start talking about how great I am or anything of the sort.  I am fortunate to have the support of MHP and I'm just being patient.  I'll get back on stage in '09 after 7 years of decent placings in Natural shows.  I'm no big shot, but through basic business sense, local marketing, and some qualified advice I've been lucrative enough to pursue the sport with proper attention...  I wouldn't expect anyone to know me outside of the Southeast Region really.  I'll get there, though.

Sounds real neat. Good luck with that!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 06:34:06 PM »
Good for you Rodney.  I think it's a good idea for guys in your position to explore the PDI, I can name at least 10-15 guys who would benefit from going over there judging by thier placings and the quality physique they present.

Can't wait to see what Bob Chick has to say in this thread.

why would i have anything to say in it?

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 07:02:25 PM »
Glad to hear things are working out for you. Good luck!

lloydie9

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 08:08:59 PM »
Good stuff Rodney, Thanks for the honesty!!!
Light weight baby!!!!

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 10:01:05 PM »
All the best Rodney
It is sad that so few people make money from this sport and it really is a very expensive one to do.
I mean I know some one who is a professional bowls player for crying in a bucket.
He makes OK money for what?
Rolling a ball down a lawn and then getting pissed in the club afterwards.
Considering the difference in the amount of effort put in by the different sportplayers it is sad, but that is the price of being in a sport that is underground.
If the PDI is looking after its athletes better then so be it.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 12:01:29 PM »

$0           2000
             $0           2001
             $9000 in 2003
             $0           2004
             $9500 in 2006

Total     $18,500
Also no guest posing, 

$3000 2006
Guest in Ohio

This is a no brainier

Don't forget

SAD!!!

Stay Focused 

GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE RODNEY.........FUNNY THEY NEVER HOLD THE LADIES BACK FROM DOING WHAT YOU DO AND MORE.................... YOU JUST DIDNT GET IN WITH THE RIGHT CLICK...........IFBB POLITICS AND ALL THAT BULLSHIT..............NO W BOBS HEAD IS SPINNING SOMETHING POSITIVE FROM PDI.........HE IS NOW WAITING FOR HIS RESPONSE TO BE SENT FROM JIM..........
LEE :)

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »
Fun stuff..... Good to have you here Rodney. I agree, it is sad that a Mr O competitor (few and far between) spends more preparing for a show then what he redeems when all is said and done. PDI is lookin good...
-

Rodney St. Cloud

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »
Hello Lee

Cant wait until September. Finally get to stand next to you on stage in New York in my home town. The fans love you man!!!
Its going to be honor to stand next to you at my all time best.
Here is a small example of what I am going to look like in New York but better.

I will weigh around 235-240lbs with crisper details.
Since I don't have to worry about getting bigger I can focus on details.
By the way wait until you see what I have for my posing routine its going to be wicked!!!

Rodney St. Cloud

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 04:45:40 PM »

$0           2000
             $0           2001
             $9000 in 2003
             $0           2004
             $9500 in 2006

Total     $18,500
Also no guest posing, 

$3000 2006
Guest in Ohio

This is a no brainier

Don't forget

SAD!!!

Stay Focused 

good post. fuck the IFBB  ;D  fucking hypocrites

have you fucked many rich white older women as a stripper?

good luck man!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 04:48:19 PM »
Hey rodney where in ohio are you going?

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 04:49:19 PM »
Hey rodney where in ohio are you going?

colombo: would you wanna be a stripper?