Author Topic: World Combat League  (Read 1028 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
World Combat League
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:29:18 AM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but this is cool as hell.  I'm just a casual MMA fan so I like watching it and even though I wrestled for awhile I find the grappling can get a little boring.  No grappling allowed in the WCL....just heymakers the whole time.  Even the chicks go all out...it's pretty brutal.
nasser=piece of shit

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: World Combat League
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 03:01:09 PM »
I ve seen it a few times and it's alright, the only thing that sucks is, if im not mistaken they don't allow elbows or knees.
Predictions
 40/61

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:34:04 PM »
They don't allow elbows in Pride either.
TEAM REPTILIAN

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 04:04:39 PM »
They don't allow elbows in Pride either.

Yeah, but when it's only stand-up rules and c-level fighters you need a little more than just kicks and punches.  I know they don't allow elbows Pride and I don't care because they have plenty of other things to fall back on when compared to WCL which is just kicks and punches.
Predictions
 40/61

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 06:08:18 PM »
Fair enough.
TEAM REPTILIAN

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 01:22:40 AM »
Yeah, but when it's only stand-up rules and c-level fighters you need a little more than just kicks and punches.  I know they don't allow elbows Pride and I don't care because they have plenty of other things to fall back on when compared to WCL which is just kicks and punches.

Point tournament fighting on gear.   ;D

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 10:29:38 AM »
I ve seen it a few times and it's alright, the only thing that sucks is, if im not mistaken they don't allow elbows or knees.

they do allow knees, I watched it yesturday and they said it was legal, you also have to be attacking constantly or you loose points.  I'm not saying it's better than straight up MMA but it's pretty cool to watch, especially to see 2 chicks literally beating the piss out of each other.
nasser=piece of shit