Author Topic: 200 IQ and 500 bench we must get him to post here!  (Read 50759 times)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
200 IQ and 500 bench we must get him to post here!
« on: May 09, 2007, 10:47:50 PM »
This guy took a 48 question IQ test in a newspaper, claims a 200 IQ, yet never graduated from college because he couldn't figure out how to generate the funds. He's says successful people are stupid. Now he says he's unlocking the secrets of the universe despite never demonstrating any mathematical knowledge on paper. He works as a bouncer and calls himself a bodybuilder with a 500 bench press, bodyfat in the double digits, and a face like Ron Jeremy.
Oh, and he rides a Harley  ;D

Christopher Michael Langan (born c. 1957) is an American autodidact who says that he taught himself mathematics, physics, cosmology and the cognitive sciences. Various media sources report Langan as having an estimated IQ of 195. which approximately correlates to the 99.9999998548th percentile. For example, Langan scored "off the charts" when tested by Dr. Robert Novelly. Novelly, a board certified neuropsychologist, commented that Langan was "the highest individual that I've ever measured in 25 years" of testing. Langan appeared in filmmaker Errol Morris' The Smartest Man in the World episode of the television documentary series "First Person." Langan also appeared in one episode of Walker, Texas Ranger. With only a small amount of college, Langan has held a variety of labor-intensive jobs including construction worker, cowboy, firefighter, farmhand, and perhaps most famously, bar bouncer. Langan, who grew up in Montana, currently owns and operates a horse ranch in northern Missouri. Langan has written question and answer columns for New York Newsday, The Improper Hamptonian and Men's Fitness. In 2001 Langan was featured in Popular Science magazine, where he discussed a concept he developed and promotes which he calls the "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe" (CTMU).

Interview Part 1:

&mode=related&search=

Interview Part 2:("I wasn't invited to graduation because my cranial circumference was too big.")

&mode=related&search=

Interview Part 3:("I would implant something like the Manhattan project in children at age 10 to prevent undesirables. Put me in charge.")

&mode=related&search=
TEAM REPTILIAN

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Hate to break it to you but, everybody here already has a 200 IQ and can bench at least 500 pounds.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Hate to break it to you but, everybody here already has a 200 IQ and can bench at least 500 pounds.

Really? My IQ was tested at 300 and 500 pounds is my warmup weight...for single-arm tricep extensions.

Also, my dick was measured at 19 inches. They told me that's the biggest ever recorded in non-equines.

You're falling behind bro.
TEAM REPTILIAN

CARTEL

• Getbig V
I'll try to do better.

My dick only measured 3 inches...

but that was from the ground up.  ;D

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
When I was born they told me I had a twin, but I choked him to death with the umbilical cord inside the womb. He was draining mah nutrients.

8)
TEAM REPTILIAN

CARTEL

• Getbig V
When I was born the doctor thought I had two umbilical cords  8)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
When I was seven I weighed 376.5 pounds shredded. They measured me at -11.33 % bodyfat. Sounds impossible but it's true. My mother just filed a paternity suit on Chuck Norris.  8)
TEAM REPTILIAN

CARTEL

• Getbig V
When I was seven I weighed 376.5 pounds shredded. They measured me at -10 % bodyfat. Sounds impossible but it's true. My mother just filed a paternity suit on Chuck Norris.  8)

LOL Was Jim Quinn there?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum

That's nothing compared to the guys on the teen forum on bodybuilding.com.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
He's probably a very intelligent man but his I.Q. is definitely not 200 and he's definitely not the "smartest man in the world" by any means. I.Q. isn't a very reliable way to measure 'intelligence' to begin. Not that 'intelligence' can even adequately be defined. Anyone who tries to claim that they are more intelligent because they scored high on an I.Q. test should instantly be dismissed as not that intelligent (Which he may not do, I don't know). He has some pretty kooky ideas that can easily be proven to be false as well. The videos look like it came from a TLC documentary. We all know how reliable TLC is, remember the "The man who's arms exploded" documentary?

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
He says he doubts anyone out there is smarter than he is.

After offering such profound tidbits as, "centipedes have small brains, they aren't smart; cats have larger heads; they are slightly smarter; monkeys have even larger heads; they are smarter still...there is a correlation between head size and intelligence."

I'm not convinced.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
He's probably a very intelligent man but his I.Q. is definitely not 200 and he's definitely not the "smartest man in the world" by any means. I.Q. isn't a very reliable way to measure 'intelligence' to begin. Not that 'intelligence' can even adequately be defined. Anyone who tries to claim that they are more intelligent because they scored high on an I.Q. test should instantly be dismissed as not that intelligent (Which he may not do, I don't know). He has some pretty kooky ideas that can easily be proven to be false as well. The videos look like it came from a TLC documentary. We all know how reliable TLC is, remember the "The man who's arms exploded" documentary?

Good points.  However, I do think IQ is a very good indicator of intelligence - it just isn't the only indicator.  A very good indicator nevertheless.  I have found a lot of dumb people say that to make themselves feel better though.  I'm not saying that this applies to you, but I have found it to be true.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
IQ is definitely a good indicator of overall intelligence if it's a legitimate test like the Stanford-Binet. IQ test on the internet are bogus, usually selling something.

There are other aspects though. Take Jimi Hendrix for example: People in the military thought he was a retard; he couldn't speak coherently; yet he tought himself to play guitar and revolutionised it. There are people like this with Asperger's like intelligence. Then you have the idiot savant's that score very low on intelligence test, yet in certain aspects they are genius.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
Scoring high on an I.Q. test generally means you're just good at taking I.Q. tests opposed to actually having a high 'intelligence'. However intelligence is even defined.

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
He says he doubts anyone out there is smarter than he is.

After offering such profound tidbits as, "centipedes have small brains, they aren't smart; cats have larger heads; they are slightly smarter; monkeys have even larger heads; they are smarter still...there is a correlation between head size and intelligence."

I'm not convinced.

He also said that dipping his head in the water would provide information about his brain volume using the 'Archimedes' principle' when in reality water displacement would only show the volume of his skull not his brain.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Scoring high on an I.Q. test generally means you're just good at taking I.Q. tests opposed to actually having a high 'intelligence'. However intelligence is even defined.

No that's not true. A dumb person is not going to score high on an IQ test they are not familiar with. If you are able to solve very difficult problems on an IQ test without seeing the specific questions before hand you are generally very smart.

He also said that dipping his head in the water would provide information about his brain volume using the 'Archimedes' principle' when in reality water displacement would only show the volume of his skull not his brain.

Yes, I would like to see this guy demonstrate his self-tought physics knowledge.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
No that's not true. A dumb person is not going to score high on an IQ test they are not familiar with. If you are able to solve very difficult problems on an IQ test without seeing the specific questions before hand you are generally very smart.

Or just good at solving I.Q. test problems. Incredibly stupid people probably won't be good at solving I.Q. tests and I guess I.Q. tests are a good way to root out some of the incredibly stupid people, however as intelligence increases I.Q. tests become less reliable. Not that "intelligence" can easily even be adequately defined to begin with. Intelligence is a fairly ambiguous term in academic circles and could mean any number of different things.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
To most people it's pretty damn simple dude. It means you can solve complex problems quickly and easily. Sounds like you're making excuses for the dumbasses. As IQs rise, all they have to do is re-scale the test. If someone is good at IQ test problems they are probably pretty smart.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
if he ain't a cage fighter he ain't shit
its comin today

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
Chris has been on many tv shows...took the most respected IQ test out there and simply blew the roof off of it.

I bounced at Summers and CPI in the hamptons NY with him and the guy has ALWAY been known for his brilliance, this is nothing new.

He has had job offers for over a couple hundred grand from Bill gates.

Right now he lives on his own ranch with his Girlfriend (a former college professor) in Misouri, I believe.

He also runs his own forum or site on the net...just search.

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
To most people it's pretty damn simple dude. It means you can solve complex problems quickly and easily. Sounds like you're making excuses for the dumbasses.

No. I'm simply saying that solving the problems quickly on an I.Q. test doesn't necessarily mean you're smart. There are also a lot of reasons why someone who is intelligent could score low on an I.Q test and include dyslexia, learning abilities, reading abilities, even eyesight or cultural circumstances. I.Q. tests have changed little in over 50 years. The fields of neuro science have made great strides in the past 50 years and most I.Q. tests are the same as they always have been.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!

No. I'm simply saying that solving the problems quickly on an I.Q. test doesn't necessarily mean you're smart. There are also a lot of reasons why someone who is intelligent could score low on an I.Q test and include dyslexia, learning abilities, reading abilities, even eyesight or cultural circumstances. I.Q. tests have changed little in over 50 years. The fields of neuro science have made great strides in the past 50 years and most I.Q. tests are the same as they always have been.

If someone has learning disabilities they aren't smart. That's a given.

And yes, if someone is blind or can't speak english they won't score well either.  ::)

Monster excuses for dummies.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
The guy says that he came up with some new theory on neural-networking and artificial intelligence and had it all on a notepad and while working as a bar bouncer went to break up a fight and set the pad down and when he came back the pad was gone and he can't remember what he wrote on it. How convenient! As if someone would try to steal a paper pad with a bunch of scientific theories on it in a bar!

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
If someone has learning disabilities they aren't smart. That's a given.

And yes, if someone is blind or can't speak english they won't score well either.  ::)

Tell that to Kim Peek.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
The guy says that he came up with some new theory on neural-networking and artificial intelligence and had it all on a notepad and while working as a bar bouncer went to break up a fight and set the pad down and when he came back the pad was gone and he can't remember what he wrote on it. How convenient! As if someone would try to steal a paper pad with a bunch of scientific theories on it in a bar!

He also said they were going to put him in Guinness as the smartest person in the world but they eliminated that title at the last minute.  ;D
TEAM REPTILIAN