Author Topic: Big Lie Democrats  (Read 7493 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Big Lie Democrats
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2007, 09:17:49 AM »
Really? Where are your facts to support your spin?
The WMD inspectors were let into iraq in late 2002.

The inspectors published a report in January of 2003 showing no weapons were found.

March 7, 2003 Hans Blix reported that Iraq was cooperating w/ the inspections and no WMDs had been found yet.

Res. 1441 required a reconvening of the Security Council upon finding of WMDs to determine if use of force is necessary.

Under res. 1441 No country may unilaterally stand in the shoes of the Security Council to use force

Bush ordered the invasion on March 20, 2003 before the inspectors could finish their job and with no legal authority.

Or are all those facts just spin too?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 09:18:01 AM »
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 09:21:11 AM »
The inspectors published a report in January of 2003 showing no weapons were found.
March 7, 2003 Hans Blix reported that Iraq was cooperating w/ the inspections and no WMDs had been found yet.

Interesting - repeatedly I hear "EVERYONE thought there were WMDs".

Turns out the people who were IN iraq doing inspections did not.

Yikes.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 09:23:58 AM »

Yikes.
The "Bush Lied" argument by the right wing is a Red Herring.  The real issue is that Bush misused the Congressional grant of authority to use force.

He broke the law. 

As for the "lie" argument:  Of course he lied.

Proving that is another matter.

Like I said, the republicans could not prove Clinton lied about having sex with Lewinsky even though they had a semen stained dress--smoking gun.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2007, 09:26:14 AM »

Yikes.

You didn't know this?

Yikes.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 09:27:17 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 09:31:26 AM »
You didn't know this?
Yikes.
-Hedge

I remember it.  back then, I was one of those "Fck hans blix and france!  I don't care what they found.  Saddam needs to die!"

Like Mr I, I was basing my opinion not in law or evidence, but in a blind support for Bush.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2007, 09:34:16 AM »
Hans bwicks do u know busy I am hans bwicks............. ;D
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »
I remember it.  back then, I was one of those "Fck hans blix and france!  I don't care what they found.  Saddam needs to die!"

Like Mr I, I was basing my opinion not in law or evidence, but in a blind support for Bush.

Ok.

I see where you coming from. It's always good to get a perspective on why support is given, and facts are sometimes overlooked.

Would be interesting to sometime hear about your own reflection about the Bush Years, once he's out of office. Since you worked his campaign and all, also been watching the US media outlets during these years.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 09:37:46 AM »
No offence, but these are the last threads you started on the Political board:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=147654.msg2067493#msg2067493 (Cut and Paste)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=147653.msg2067464#msg2067464 (Cut and Paste)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=147444.msg2065795#msg2065795 (Cut and Paste)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=124715.msg1782384#msg1782384 (Cut and Paste)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=147339.msg2064745#msg2064745 (Cut and Paste)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=147272.msg2063776#msg2063776 (No actual C&P, just a link)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=147139.msg2062177#msg2062177 (Link, no text)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=147033.msg2060652#msg2060652 (Cut and Paste)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=146915.msg2059110#msg2059110 (Link, no text)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=145838.msg2051718#msg2051718 (Two sentences, link)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=145551.msg2047992#msg2047992 (Cut and Paste)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=145546.msg2047930#msg2047930 (Cut and Paste)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=145462.msg2046671#msg2046671 (Cut and Paste)

That's May.

When do you post opinion?

-Hedge

Nice job of researching.

Mr. I. might even be an intelligent guy but his posts are so fueled by hate and propaganda that there's no way to really know. Although I suppose that fact that he spews and posts pure right wing propaganda is a sign in and of itself.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2007, 09:38:17 AM »
Hans bwicks do u know busy I am hans bwicks............. ;D

Blix has acknowledged in interviews that the threat of invasion from USA, made it possible to do effective and thorough inspections all over the place, and get the access he demanded from Iraq.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2007, 09:42:01 AM »
In which he found nothing..so either it never was or it was moved. I  have read a few books about their WMD programs and they said that Saddam did have stuff he might have moved..who knows.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 09:46:42 AM »
I see where you coming from. It's always good to get a perspective on why support is given, and facts are sometimes overlooked.
Would be interesting to sometime hear about your own reflection about the Bush Years, once he's out of office. Since you worked his campaign and all, also been watching the US media outlets during these years.

I didn't work FOR his campaign.  I helped the campus republicans, debated people, converted people, and drove folks to vote, because I believed in Bush.  It was only a year after the 2004 election I began to see the truth about things.

I remember the 2000 mess, when the courts awarded him the election.  And I remember the 2004 election - when the Repubs SUED to keep the paper votes from being counted, after the statistical improbability of them winning the e-machine.

I read all about it back then, and I KNEW that we stole Ohio.  We joked about it, the campus repubs.  "Fck it - whatever it takes to get in the white house".

So yes, I was a piece of shit that cared more about my party "winning" than the right thing.  Which is why I so quickly identify weaknesses and inconsistencies in teh arguments of far right folks - I USED TO BE THAT.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 09:48:51 AM »
I didn't work FOR his campaign.  I helped the campus republicans, debated people, converted people, and drove folks to vote, because I believed in Bush.  It was only a year after the 2004 election I began to see the truth about things.

I remember the 2000 mess, when the courts awarded him the election.  And I remember the 2004 election - when the Repubs SUED to keep the paper votes from being counted, after the statistical improbability of them winning the e-machine.

I read all about it back then, and I KNEW that we stole Ohio.  We joked about it, the campus repubs.  "Fck it - whatever it takes to get in the white house".

So yes, I was a piece of shit that cared more about my party "winning" than the right thing.  Which is why I so quickly identify weaknesses and inconsistencies in teh arguments of far right folks - I USED TO BE THAT.

FWIW,

GOP is not synonymous with Bush. :-\

Giuliani and Romney ain't Bush. Neither is McCain.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 09:50:44 AM »
FWIW,

GOP is not synonymous with Bush. :-\

Giuliani and Romney ain't Bush. Neither is McCain.

-Hedge

Sadly he's turning into Bush with his change in position and his pandering to the GOP. You're right about Giuliani and Romney though.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2007, 09:57:20 AM »
Blix has acknowledged in interviews that the threat of invasion from USA, made it possible to do effective and thorough inspections all over the place, and get the access he demanded from Iraq.

-Hedge
That's a good point.  The president's sabre rattling was more than effective to elicit compliance.

Like a bully though, he went too far.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 10:17:35 AM »
No offence, but these are the last threads you started on the Political board:

That's May.

When do you post opinion?

-Hedge

Hey Zack, the cut and paste and links that I post are a direct correlation on my thoughts and opinions in other posts that I respond to, if I responded to every link that I post, it would basically be the same thing over and over again. Get it?

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007, 10:26:01 AM »
links that I post are a direct correlation on my thoughts and opinions in other posts that I respond to, if I responded to every link that I post, it would basically be the same thing over and over again. Get it?

Excellent!  Thanks for acknowledging that your thoughts and opinions are nothing more than verbatim transcripts of Rush Limbaugh's!  Rush doesn't want you to think for yourself, so march on Christian solider!
Stick out your tongue.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007, 10:30:33 AM »
The WMD inspectors were let into iraq in late 2002.

Res. 1441 required a reconvening of the Security Council upon finding of WMDs to determine if use of force is necessary.

Under res. 1441 No country may unilaterally stand in the shoes of the Security Council to use force

Bush ordered the invasion on March 20, 2003 before the inspectors could finish their job and with no legal authority.

Or are all those facts just spin too?

No, not even close, I'm going strickly by memory right now and will have to find it later, but if I recall there was something along the lines of another prominant inspector that testified or said something to the effect that Blix had a some sort of a find or evidence that Huissan had weapons but Blix didn't disclose it in his report. Remember he was a UNInspector, there not exactly known for doing their jobs!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2007, 10:31:33 AM »
The "Bush Lied" argument by the right wing is a Red Herring.  The real issue is that Bush misused the Congressional grant of authority to use force.

He broke the law. 

As for the "lie" argument:  Of course he lied.

Proving that is another matter.

Like I said, the republicans could not prove Clinton lied about having sex with Lewinsky even though they had a semen stained dress--smoking gun.

Bush "broke the law," then Congress endorsed his actions.  Does that mean Congress "broke the law" too?  

Bush no more lied than the plethora of Democrats who told the American people that Saddam had WMDs and was a threat.  

They absolutely proved Clinton lied.  That's why he was impeached and why he lost his law license.  

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2007, 10:36:37 AM »
Excellent!  Thanks for acknowledging that your thoughts and opinions are nothing more than verbatim transcripts of Rush Limbaugh's!  Rush doesn't want you to think for yourself, so march on Christian solider!

Bullshit, did I say verbatim? you listen to your sources and draw your conclusions from that.......you know, the CT sites, Olbermann, Franken, etc and unless your really in the middle on things in DC you have to find out from some other source that has what we both think has some commonsense beit Liberal or Conservative.

You or anyone else on this board are no better than I, we just have different sources for info!

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2007, 10:38:48 AM »
Bullshit, did I say verbatim? you listen to your sources and draw your conclusions from that.......you know, the CT sites, Olbermann, Franken and unless your really in the middle on things in DC you have to find out from some other source that has what we both think has some commonsense beit Liberal or Conservative.

You or anyone else on this board are no better than I, we just have different sources for info!

You admited that you had nothing of your own to add to what Rush says.  Like Rush, you have zero credibility.
Stick out your tongue.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2007, 10:42:57 AM »
You admited that you had nothing of your own to add to what Rush says.  Like Rush, you have zero credibility.

OK ::)

If Rush has no credibility, why how come he has the biggest listening audience in Radio and why does his name get mentioned on the senate floor so often? How about, because he has the power to help persuade votes?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2007, 10:51:47 AM »
No, not even close, I'm going strickly by memory right now and will have to find it later, but if I recall there was something along the lines of another prominant inspector that testified or said something to the effect that Blix had a some sort of a find or evidence that Huissan had weapons but Blix didn't disclose it in his report. Remember he was a UNInspector, there not exactly known for doing their jobs!
Wrong again.

You post your nameless inspector and I'll post All the the BLix reports which concluded that NO WMDS were being found. http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/new/pages/chronology.asp  http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/new/pages/security_council_briefings.asp
You will find links to Blix's reports about WMDs in Iraq...I mean the absence of WMDs in Iraq.

Who was right about the WMDs in Iraq again?

Oh that's right, (all together now) "Hans Blix was right and Pres. Bush (and you) were wrong."

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2007, 10:56:29 AM »
Bush "broke the law," then Congress endorsed his actions.  Does that mean Congress "broke the law" too?  

Bush no more lied than the plethora of Democrats who told the American people that Saddam had WMDs and was a threat.  

They absolutely proved Clinton lied.  That's why he was impeached and why he lost his law license.  
Congress granted Bush the authority to use force when necessary under the War Powers resolution.

Bush needed to exercise that grant of authority in accordance w/ various standards and treatises to execute a legal use of force, i.e., no war crimes.

Bush went to the UN and asked to enforce the WMD resolutions against Iraq.  Remember Powell's disgraceful performance?

Under Res. 1441 the president was not authorized to order any use of force until a finding of WMDs and a subsequent holding by the UN Security Council that use of force was necessary.

Bush ordered the invasion and warned the inspectors to get out of Iraq before they'd finished their jobs.

This has nothing to do with the grant of authority by Congress.

This illegal invasion is all Bush's doing.