Author Topic: my lifts, and squatting comp.  (Read 1550 times)

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
my lifts, and squatting comp.
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:36:36 AM »
  I powerlifted in high school as a hobby got out of it for a year, then started lifting again about 2 years ago now.  my lifts are as fallows,
bench- 325
squat - 405-<- hopefully breaking that tonight
dead lift- 400-<- weak compared to what i was doing
total 1130
my current weight is 222 at 6'2''-6'3''
i know these lifts arent great, my sqaut and bench are much better then they used to be, but my dead in high school was 520.  I've had problems with keeping a good program, going through basic and getting pretty sick a few times in that time, plus for the first 8 months of lifting i didnt work legs much at all.

my squat has gone up almost 100 lbs in 6 months, and i have a squatting comp at our gym here on the fob in about 20minutes which i hope to get 425.  But i havent had enough rest to really be 100%, i did uphill sprints two days ago and ran for 25 minutes last night.  and have just been feeling kinda shitty.  but i'm still going to try.  I missed the bench competition last week which i would have taken with 325.

oh and the squats here are all raw(belt only) and below parralell, and every one is pretty natural, i have always been natural, and i doubt anyone here has done anything more then superdrol.  well gotta go, i'll post again if i beat my record.
you suck at life...

overcome

• Getbig II
Re: my lifts, and squatting comp.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 09:18:19 AM »
missed 425, they started early and i mised the first attempt, but took second overall with 405. deadlift is next week i'll see if i can get 425 or more on that.
you suck at life...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 04:10:43 PM »
missed 425, they started early and i mised the first attempt, but took second overall with 405. deadlift is next week i'll see if i can get 425 or more on that.

Make sure to don't train deadlifts during the week leading up to the contest.

Nice getting your feet wet.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

overcome

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 10:08:05 PM »
Make sure to don't train deadlifts during the week leading up to the contest.

Nice getting your feet wet.

-Hedge

i didn't, just felt like shit.  i'll do better next time
also i've been cutting

greg
you suck at life...