Author Topic: Strongest bodybuilder alive???  (Read 12173 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Strongest bodybuilder alive???
« on: May 11, 2007, 04:50:18 PM »

Stronger thab ronnie coleman..
levrone..
cormier
jay?
he is strong on deads yes..
strongest bodybuilder..
no
the strongerst bodybuilder is the guy who is strong on a wide variety of lifts..
overall that title belongs to coleman he is strong on virtally everything
choice is an illusion

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
Re: Strongest bodybuilder alive???
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »
Tom Prince or Flex Wheeler.   Greg Valentino cheat curls 405.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 04:58:14 PM »
Tom Prince or Flex Wheeler.   Greg Valentino cheat curls 405.

405?? You're kidding me
#

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 05:06:53 PM »

405?? You're kidding me

I think he means Greg inflates to 405 psi

one could not consider Johnny O as one of the strongest when he only gets 1 clean bounced rep with 405

Wesco

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 05:09:41 PM »
Johnnie Jackson strenght is extremely overrated.  He is only strong on deadlifts, he was fucking crazy when he challenged ronnie.  I watched bfto 05 when he and branch warren were training together, even though they were both  low on carbs and calories in general johnnie could bearly keep up with branch.  I'm not sure where these claims that he is significally stronger than most bbers came from.  I understand he powerlifts but the only impressive lift that he has is the deadlift, I believe everyone has that one movement that they're just exceptionally strong at.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 05:13:57 PM »
Johnnie Jackson strenght is extremely overrated.  He is only strong on deadlifts, he was fucking crazy when he challenged ronnie.  I watched bfto 05 when he and branch warren were training together, even though they were both  low on carbs and calories in general johnnie could bearly keep up with branch.  I'm not sure where these claims that he is significally stronger than most bbers came from.  I understand he powerlifts but the only impressive lift that he has is the deadlift, I believe everyone has that one movement that they're just exceptionally strong at.

he's pulled 814 in competition, squatted around 830, and if i'm not mistaken his bench was in the 500s. JOJ is incredibly strong, he just gets weak as hell when dieting for a show.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 05:16:43 PM »
Johnnie Jackson strenght is extremely overrated.  He is only strong on deadlifts, he was fucking crazy when he challenged ronnie.  I watched bfto 05 when he and branch warren were training together, even though they were both  low on carbs and calories in general johnnie could bearly keep up with branch.  I'm not sure where these claims that he is significally stronger than most bbers came from.  I understand he powerlifts but the only impressive lift that he has is the deadlift, I believe everyone has that one movement that they're just exceptionally strong at.
i agree..
i think branch is stronger than johnnie...
but with coleman there is no comparision.. he is strong at EVERYTHING...
shoulder presses with 160
bench press with 5 plates
squats with 8 or nine plates
rows with 500lbs
200lb dumbell presses..
here is simply no comparison between him and coleman..
kevin levron is quite strong as well tom prince
cormier is stron ive seen cormier rep 405 for 10 on his final set of inclines inclines..
after which he did bench presses from 225 straight up to 405 for to on beech press
and that wasnt off season  was a couple weeks out from the olympia..3 to 4 weeks i think... how johnnie got past all these guys to be the strongest bber alive... i have no clue..
he has a good deadlift... yes strongest .. hell no
choice is an illusion

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 05:17:54 PM »
he's pulled 814 in competition, squatted around 830, and if i'm not mistaken his bench was in the 500s. JOJ is incredibly strong, he just gets weak as hell when dieting for a show.

Dude wouldnt you say Branch is stronger than JJ though?
#

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »
where is the video.. id like to see these lifts..
coleman squatted 833 3 weeks out from the 2003 olympia
i would love to see that bench video....in particular
choice is an illusion

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »

Dude wouldnt you say Branch is stronger than JJ though?

in some lifts, definitely. but JoJ has demonstrated a stronger bench, squat, and deadlift than any other bodybuilder.

ronnie ain't the be all and end all of strength. his bb row and DB bench was the only lift no one can beat him on, and even those we don't know definitively.

where is the video.. id like to see these lifts..
coleman squatted 833 3 weeks out from the 2003 olympia
i would love to see that bench video....in particular

uh, no he didn't. he squatted 800 even not to parallel about 6-8 weeks out. JoJ did his lifts in sanctioned PL competitions, ronnie did them in the gym. JoJ pulled 814 without straps 3 weeks out of the 2001 nationals at a meet weighing about 50 pounds less than ronnie.

in a PL competition, JoJ wins in straight numbers and especially if you use bodyweight coefficients. ronnie is far and away the better bodybuilder. let it be.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 05:25:31 PM »
JJ can't touch Ronnie.

Ronnie benched 495 for 5 reps.. There are very few people in the world that can do that.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 05:26:08 PM »
Jackson benched 405 for two reps and hes juiced to the gills.  Big deal  ::)

A friend of mine who has never taken any juice has done 405 for more reps than that and he weighs about 205.  ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 05:27:48 PM »
JJ can't touch Ronnie.

Ronnie benched 495 for 5 reps.. There are very few people in the world that can do that.

watch that video again. aside from bouncing it off his chest nicely, he hardly even went halfway up. i'd be curious to see if he could do that even once with a pause and to full lockout.

Jackson benched 405 for two reps and hes juiced to the gills.  Big deal  ::)

A friend of mine who has never taken any juice has done 405 for more reps than that and he weighs about 205.  ::)

::)

jackson benched 405 for two reps weak as hell due to contest dieting. it just baffles me that you guys are so stupid that simple things like that elude you.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »
MISSSTAHHHHHAA MAGOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OHH

OHH

OHH'
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 05:38:19 PM »
405 for two and juiced to the gills, big fucking deal.  ::) I dont give a shit if it was the day of the contest, not impressive.   As ive said, guys who have never juiced do more reps at 205 pounds.  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 05:40:35 PM »
watch that video again. aside from bouncing it off his chest nicely, he hardly even went halfway up. i'd be curious to see if he could do that even once with a pause and to full lockout.

jackson benched 405 for two reps weak as hell due to contest dieting. it just baffles me that you guys are so stupid that simple things like that elude you.

If you are going to call out ronnie on form, then do the same of JJ. JJ's form just plain sucks.

Ronnie was a few weeks out when he benched 495 for 5 and we wasn't bouncing the weight off his chest..  ::)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 05:43:22 PM »
in some lifts, definitely. but JoJ has demonstrated a stronger bench, squat, and deadlift than any other bodybuilder.

ronnie ain't the be all and end all of strength. his bb row and DB bench was the only lift no one can beat him on, and even those we don't know definitively.

uh, no he didn't. he squatted 800 even not to parallel about 6-8 weeks out. JoJ did his lifts in sanctioned PL competitions, ronnie did them in the gym. JoJ pulled 814 without straps 3 weeks out of the 2001 nationals at a meet weighing about 50 pounds less than ronnie.

in a PL competition, JoJ wins in straight numbers and especially if you use bodyweight coefficients. ronnie is far and away the better bodybuilder. let it be.

True
#

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 05:49:07 PM »
405 for two and juiced to the gills, big fucking deal.  ::) I dont give a shit if it was the day of the contest, not impressive.   As ive said, guys who have never juiced do more reps at 205 pounds.  ::)
Never competed have you?

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 05:53:56 PM »
a) He was 2 weeks out from a show.
b) Who knows what he did prior to benching?
c) How old is that video?  He said he turned pro and so on.  If it were more recent he would have mentioned his pro competitions. 
d) I have seen the guy lift in person, he is STRONG!

w

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 05:58:15 PM »

Post a video where makes an impressive lift instead of some juiced up cretin bouncing 405 off his chest for 2 reps.  hahahahaha

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 06:01:21 PM »
David "Tank" Abbott benches 600 raw.
TEAM REPTILIAN

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 06:04:15 PM »
Tank's lifts are much more impressive , plus he could beat Mr Jackson like a rented mule in the octagon.  ;D

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »
haha
TEAM REPTILIAN

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 06:25:02 PM »

are you forgetting coleman 160 dumbell presses..
315 militay presses for 12
405 inclinne barbell presses
200 dumbell row700 behind the back shrugs
.. these i have seen on video
what have we seen so far from johnie on video..
495 deadlift 405 barbell rows...
and his form is worst than ronnies..
put it this way i read in an article with johnie and branch chest workot he wast struggling to get 6 reps with 160
coleman shoulder press those...
take all the excersises.. it is no contest what so ever...
and i have yet to see johnie move any weight to colemans.. on video.... yet to see it..
branch destroyed him on chest..
jaymoore deadlifted more than him on back on brto 2004..
all i keep hearin is how strong this guy is i am yet to see it with me eyes..i have watched 4 videos with him now...

choice is an illusion

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2007, 06:27:19 PM »
The juiced to the gills bodybuilders don't impress me. Those WSM guys, walking around with a right ungodly beer gut and  33.333333% bodyfat do.
TEAM REPTILIAN