Author Topic: Reg Park - Metastatic Melanoma & Updates  (Read 15081 times)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Reg Park is seriously ill.
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2007, 11:47:53 AM »
Matt C you nailed it with this paragraph. This is the truth.

People that are so ignorant to believe there is no God are the morons. I don't believe in religion but I do believe there is a God or Gods. A God is simply a Creator or an Infinite Intelligence. There are so many things that science cannot answer and both Einstein and Darwin admitted there "has to be some sort of God or Infinite Intelligence," because too many things in the world are simply inexplicable. It's best to just accept that we have a Creator and leave it at that because like Matt C said, the answer is simply beyond our comprehension.

You can use this argument for anything that one cannot explain, it becomes pointless.

If you went back in time and brought a caveman back and he saw all the explanations that we have come up with for what they once thought was "inexplicable" they would bow down and declare us GOD.

Also if this God is so large and beyond our understanding  then how do you explain all these religions that claim they know God so intimately and know exactly what he wants and what we should all do with our lives to please him, so much so that they inflict much pain and suffering in the name of this God.

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2007, 11:54:06 AM »

So because someone disagrees with you on the "god" question, that makes him an "asshole"??

And religious people wonder why they are so disliked by the rest of us.  ::)

no, hes an asshole because he says it as if he KNOWS there is no god and everyone who thinks there is, is an idiot. the fact is that there is not one human on this planet who KNOWS the answer to that question and there never will be!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »
Matt C you nailed it with this paragraph. This is the truth.

People that are so ignorant to believe there is no God are the morons. I don't believe in religion but I do believe there is a God or Gods. A God is simply a Creator or an Infinite Intelligence. There are so many things that science cannot answer and both Einstein and Darwin admitted there "has to be some sort of God or Infinite Intelligence," because too many things in the world are simply inexplicable. It's best to just accept that we have a Creator and leave it at that because like Matt C said, the answer is simply beyond our comprehension.

Again, you are coming to a conclusion based on an assumption. Science gradually answers questions and will keep doing so.

Anywhere you find a gap, you insert god.  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2007, 12:29:54 PM »
Quote from: Matt C on May 12, 2007, 03:20:11 PM
This is the form of atheism that really annoys me (strong atheism).  You don't know there is no god any more than any religious person (regardless of religion) knows that there is a god.  The mere question is simply beyond our ontology and it is impossible to answer.

What's wrong with strong atheism?

In the US, Christians always try and infringe upon the rights of people.. They openly preach hate against homosexuals, atheists and don't respect a woman's right to choose. Hell, I talked to this one preacher a while back who told me atheists don't have moral character comprable to christians because they don't recieve their values from god. ::) Faulty thinking like this should not be protected under the guise of "but I believe in it, so you need to respect it".

Why can't atheists attack religion and disect it via good logic based on science? Why respect something that has absolutely NO BASE of evidence? If a debate is judged and scored fairly, then the atheist would win every time and almost on every issue, so it's not like the sides are evenly matched either.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2007, 12:46:13 PM »
is that like a cancer in the brain? how old is reg?

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2007, 05:47:37 PM »
These mathematicians are conveniently forgetting that when there is no time limit, anything that can happen will, eventually. It's similar to the idea of eternal recurrence. Everything we are experiencing now will happen again someday as long as it is possible, however small the probability. It's like having unlimited rolls of the dice.

i dont think time is a variable in the formula? it doesnt need to be.

it isnt a chance of god 'appearing' .. its a formula which is attempting to determine for each persons amount of belief and moral alignments that a god exists for them. it's a % factor a think, its pretty interesting, i first saw it on a documentary by the guy that did The Human Body, so it was interesting to see him .. declaring himself as a devout Jew.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »
i dont think time is a variable in the formula? it doesnt need to be.

it isnt a chance of god 'appearing' .. its a formula which is attempting to determine for each persons amount of belief and moral alignments that a god exists for them. it's a % factor a think, its pretty interesting, i first saw it on a documentary by the guy that did The Human Body, so it was interesting to see him .. declaring himself as a devout Jew.

Eternal recurrence is entirely dependent on mass being finite and time being infinite. Think of our current "reality" as a certain configuration of matter. The probability of matter reconfiguring itself the exact same way is astronomically small, HOWEVER, if given infinite time it will do so. If I hand you a set of dice and ask you to role a specific sequence of numbers, at some point you will, given the necessary time, and however long the sequence.
With that in mind....

One theory of physicist is that all matter in the universe will eventually collapse into one incredibly dense piece of mass they call a singularity. From this state of matter it is theorised all mass was thrown out in the big bang. In an eternal cycle of big bangs and singularities,
there will be infinite occurrences of me and you typing to each other on Getbig (lol!)
Even the great Squadfather will return.

Sickening I know...

Another flaw of Christian thinking is the belief that we couldn't exist unless God had created us...
The "first cause" idea.

Law of conservation of mass says matter can change form, but it cannot be created or destroyed. To deny this is to deny reality itself. We were never created; all the mass that exist always existed. The great philosopher Betrand Russell said, and I'm paraphrasing, "it is perhaps the limitation of our imaginations leading to the idea of a beginning. There is no reason to believe there ever was a beginning."

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Am-Not-Christian-Religion/dp/0671203231/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-8064003-1124737?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179195707&sr=8-2
TEAM REPTILIAN

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2007, 08:06:31 PM »

That is not good news to hear. I wish his family and him well.

I wish him all the best. I wish the same to his family.......

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2007, 09:32:05 PM »
The only way you can help him, would be to donate billions to fund research in order to develop a cure.

There is no god, praying is useless and stupid.  NEVER has a prayer cured anyone.

Disease does not work by chance and has known and identifiable characteristics.  This is not supernatural in nature, and you dolts should not treat it as such.

Stop wasting your time.

I wonder what you will be thinking when Satan rapes your weak ugly ass with his hot as lava cock
h

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
Update on Reg Park
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2007, 12:40:50 AM »
 From RegPark.net:

We sadly inform all the thousands of family, friends and fans around the globe that Reg Park, The Legend, has been diagnosed with metastatic melanoma and we are told it is untreatable.

Even during this extremely trying time, in a way typical of Reg, he is concerned for each and every one of you, and he is optimistic.

He is now so glad and feels blessed to have his immediate family around him, and with all of us he is positive. We knew that he was an icon but only now have realized the immense love and influence he has had on thousands of lives. The support through phone calls, emails, visits and postings has been overwhelming.

Reg is currently undergoing radiation treatment and is exploring all other avenues possible.

The gym where Reg has been training himself, the other trainers, patrons and his clients over the last 15 years have sent messages and enquiries about his well being. His popularity has transcended people of all races and creeds - a tribute to Reg, known as The Legend.

He has walked the talk and lived life to the fullest, his way, and for that he will always be remembered as a true Legend.

In a tribute to Reg, his son Jon Jon, now based in LA, will be calling his new gym the Legacy Gym, to continue the legacy of transforming lives positively and continuing The Legend. His daughter Jeunesse will be forming the Reg Park Legacy Foundation to assist the many who cannot afford to have access to physical training to improve their quality of life.

Reg is a man who never compromised his principles or beliefs. It takes some thinking to realize what he achieved. Can you imagine any other world champion in any other field regardless of who they may be, and without disrespect to any, winning a world title three times over 14 years and then coming back five years later after his final victory and competing on an unleveled playing field, with those 21 years his junior, and still placing respectably in the top 3.

Reg is known to his family and to all others who know him as a REAL MAN.
He recognizes that we create our own reality and set our own life paths, he is a deeply spiritual man who loves life and especially rejoices in nature, a giving man who has helped so many.

Whatever you believe, power of prayer or positive thought, give a moment to the great Reg Park, our father, grandfather and Mareon’s loving husband. Now each day will be another day we have to be with Reg and keep him as comfortable in his family as we can
while he battles against this terrible affliction.

Even though Reg and the family may not respond to everyone’s attempts at contact, this does not mean we do not appreciate and recognize your love and support. Not only does it mean the world to Reg but also to us, his family.

We apologize for being somber while informing you of this. We know that Reg has been positive throughout his life in everything he has done and continues to do and always wants the same for all his family, friends, clients and fans. Thus we leave you with the message that Reg has always impressed upon us- live every moment to its fullest and cherish every breath of life.

The Park family

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2007, 04:33:30 AM »
Eternal recurrence is entirely dependent on mass being finite and time being infinite. Think of our current "reality" as a certain configuration of matter. The probability of matter reconfiguring itself the exact same way is astronomically small, HOWEVER, if given infinite time it will do so. If I hand you a set of dice and ask you to role a specific sequence of numbers, at some point you will, given the necessary time, and however long the sequence.
With that in mind....

One theory of physicist is that all matter in the universe will eventually collapse into one incredibly dense piece of mass they call a singularity. From this state of matter it is theorised all mass was thrown out in the big bang. In an eternal cycle of big bangs and singularities,
there will be infinite occurrences of me and you typing to each other on Getbig (lol!)
Even the great Squadfather will return.

Sickening I know...

Another flaw of Christian thinking is the belief that we couldn't exist unless God had created us...
The "first cause" idea.

Law of conservation of mass says matter can change form, but it cannot be created or destroyed. To deny this is to deny reality itself. We were never created; all the mass that exist always existed. The great philosopher Betrand Russell said, and I'm paraphrasing, "it is perhaps the limitation of our imaginations leading to the idea of a beginning. There is no reason to believe there ever was a beginning."

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Am-Not-Christian-Religion/dp/0671203231/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-8064003-1124737?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179195707&sr=8-2

you know alot more than me on the subject hehe, im a little immature to continue the conversation  :P

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2007, 11:28:31 PM »
From the Park family

“We sadly inform all the thousands of family, friends and fans around the globe that Reg Park, The Legend, has been diagnosed with metastatic melanoma and we are told it is untreatable.

“Even during this extremely trying time, in a way typical of Reg, he is concerned for each and every one of you, and he is optimistic.

“He is now so glad and feels blessed to have his immediate family around him, and with all of us he is positive. We knew that he was an icon but only now have realized the immense love and influence he has had on thousands of lives. The support through phone calls, emails, visits and postings has been overwhelming.

“Reg is currently undergoing radiation treatment and is exploring all other avenues possible.

“The gym where Reg has been training himself, the other trainers, patrons and his clients over the last 15 years have sent messages and enquiries about his well being. His popularity has transcended people of all races and creeds - a tribute to Reg, known as The Legend.

“He has walked the talk and lived life to the fullest, his way, and for that he will always be remembered as a true Legend.

“In a tribute to Reg, his son Jon Jon, now based in LA, will be calling his new gym the Legacy Gym, to continue the legacy of transforming lives positively and continuing The Legend. His daughter Jeunesse will be forming the Reg Park Legacy Foundation to assist the many who cannot afford to have access to physical training to improve their quality of life.

“Reg is a man who never compromised his principles or beliefs. It takes some thinking to realize what he achieved. Can you imagine any other world champion in any other field regardless of who they may be, and without disrespect to any, winning a world title three times over 14 years and then coming back five years later after his final victory and competing on an unleveled playing field, with those 21 years his junior, and still placing respectably in the top 3.

“Reg is known to his family and to all others who know him as a REAL MAN.

“He recognizes that we create our own reality and set our own life paths, he is a deeply spiritual man who loves life and especially rejoices in nature, a giving man who has helped so many.

“Whatever you believe, power of prayer or positive thought, give a moment to the great Reg Park, our father, grandfather and Mareon’s loving husband. Now each day will be another day we have to be with Reg and keep him as comfortable in his family as we can while he battles against this terrible affliction.

“Even though Reg and the family may not respond to everyone’s attempts at contact, this does not mean we do not appreciate and recognize your love and support. Not only does it mean the world to Reg but also to us, his family.

“We apologize for being somber while informing you of this. We know that Reg has been positive throughout his life in everything he has done and continues to do and always wants the same for all his family, friends, clients and fans. Thus we leave you with the message that Reg has always impressed upon us- live every moment to its fullest and cherish every breath of life.”

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2007, 11:47:04 PM »
no, hes an asshole because he says it as if he KNOWS there is no god and everyone who thinks there is, is an idiot. the fact is that there is not one human on this planet who KNOWS the answer to that question and there never will be!

Exactly.  TA needs a course in how to effectively communicate his points without being so rude and insensitive.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Reg Park update: metastatic melanoma
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2007, 11:14:35 AM »
From RegPark.net:

We sadly inform all the thousands of family, friends and fans around the globe that Reg Park, The Legend, has been diagnosed with metastatic melanoma and we are told it is untreatable.

Even during this extremely trying time, in a way typical of Reg, he is concerned for each and every one of you, and he is optimistic.

He is now so glad and feels blessed to have his immediate family around him, and with all of us he is positive. We knew that he was an icon but only now have realized the immense love and influence he has had on thousands of lives. The support through phone calls, emails, visits and postings has been overwhelming.

Reg is currently undergoing radiation treatment and is exploring all other avenues possible.

The gym where Reg has been training himself, the other trainers, patrons and his clients over the last 15 years have sent messages and enquiries about his well being. His popularity has transcended people of all races and creeds - a tribute to Reg, known as The Legend.

He has walked the talk and lived life to the fullest, his way, and for that he will always be remembered as a true Legend.

In a tribute to Reg, his son Jon Jon, now based in LA, will be calling his new gym the Legacy Gym, to continue the legacy of transforming lives positively and continuing The Legend. His daughter Jeunesse will be forming the Reg Park Legacy Foundation to assist the many who cannot afford to have access to physical training to improve their quality of life.

Reg is a man who never compromised his principles or beliefs. It takes some thinking to realize what he achieved. Can you imagine any other world champion in any other field regardless of who they may be, and without disrespect to any, winning a world title three times over 14 years and then coming back five years later after his final victory and competing on an unleveled playing field, with those 21 years his junior, and still placing respectably in the top 3.

He recognizes that we create our own reality and set our own life paths, he is a deeply spiritual man who loves life and especially rejoices in nature, a giving man who has helped so many.

Whatever you believe, power of prayer or positive thought, give a moment to the great Reg Park, our father, grandfather and Mareon’s loving husband. Now each day will be another day we have to be with Reg and keep him as comfortable in his family as we can

Even though Reg and the family may not respond to everyone’s attempts at contact, this does not mean we do not appreciate and recognize your love and support. Not only does it mean the world to Reg but also to us, his family.

We apologize for being somber while informing you of this. We know that Reg has been positive throughout his life in everything he has done and continues to do and always wants the same for all his family, friends, clients and fans. Thus we leave you with the message that Reg has always impressed upon us- live every moment to its fullest and cherish every breath of life.

The Park family

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Reg Park update: metastatic melanoma
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2007, 11:21:50 AM »
Oh wow...

All thoughts to Reg and his family...

One of the GREATS!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2007, 11:25:47 AM »
From RegPark.net:

The Park family

Not trying to sound like an ass....but why bother if it's incurable?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2007, 05:21:49 PM »

You can extend the quantity of life, if not the quality with chemo. His cancer has probably spread to vital organs, he will be dead in a couple months wihtout chemo, he can add maybe 6 months or more to his lifespan by tryign to slow it down.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2007, 05:27:28 PM »
I'm not sure of that disease but will he turn into a giant green man?
I am a mini beast

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2007, 05:52:08 PM »
Would you give up?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2007, 05:55:24 PM »
I'm not sure of that disease but will he turn into a giant green man?

FYI, Reg is one of the gentleman and original heros of bodybuilding. I know you are trying to be witty, but this man deserves our respect, please.
GODS speed Reg, we are pulling for ya.  Howard White in Ga
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2007, 05:56:22 PM »
Would you give up?

No, been there, done that....melanoma is "no joke".

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2007, 06:04:15 PM »
Hopefully he will recover.

This is the worst and most deadly form of skin cancer. The fact that it has metastitized is even worse.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2007, 06:48:48 PM »
Why would you not believe in a Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster?

JAH! Pastafari

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2007, 06:55:45 PM »
FYI, Reg is one of the gentleman and original heros of bodybuilding. I know you are trying to be witty, but this man deserves our respect, please.
GODS speed Reg, we are pulling for ya.  Howard White in Ga

I respect Reg and I always do.

I meant no harm or any intention to hurt anyone.

I apologise if it did crossed someone.
I am a mini beast

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2007, 07:16:24 PM »
You can extend the quantity of life, if not the quality with chemo. His cancer has probably spread to vital organs, he will be dead in a couple months wihtout chemo, he can add maybe 6 months or more to his lifespan by tryign to slow it down.

Metastatic melanoma does carry a very poor prognosis. The fact that he is undergoing radiation therapy suggests that he may have metastatic lesions in his brain (radiation is usually used for bone and brain mets in melanoma)--another poor prognostic indicator. HOWEVER, there are people who live years even with widely metastatic melanoma, so treatment is not futile.