Author Topic: Reg Park - Metastatic Melanoma & Updates  (Read 15130 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: Reg Park is seriously ill.
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2007, 10:52:17 PM »
It doesn't work that way.
I have no proof Santa Claus doesn't exist either. 
Any sort of claim about the existence of fairies gods etc puts the burden of proof on the claimer.
You have no scientific evidence proving god exist.

We can start here..........

http://www.khouse.org/6640/CD103/

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2007, 10:53:44 PM »
It doesn't work that way.
Any sort of claim about the existence of fairies gods etc puts the burden of proof on the claimer.
You have no scientific evidence proving god exist.

Exactly. 

I guarantee if anyone claimed they were GOD or Jesus reborn then those same people who worship him/her/it  would consider that person nuts.  Why is that?  Isn't Jesus supposed to come back some time and kick it on earth again?  How do you jesus freaks know who it will be?  Oh wait he has long hair and a beard.... ::)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2007, 11:05:23 PM »
Exactly. 

I guarantee if anyone claimed they were GOD or Jesus reborn then those same people who worship him/her/it  would consider that person nuts.  Why is that?  Isn't Jesus supposed to come back some time and kick it on earth again?  How do you jesus freaks know who it will be?  Oh wait he has long hair and a beard.... ::)

Yes, I'm waiting for Intenseone to knock us over with scientific proof the Christian God exist. hahahah. Don't hold out too long. I'm not reading a bunch of links either; I don't have time to waist so please summarise for me.

The emperor Constantine saw Christianity as something that would placate the people and make the empire stable...the same reason Christianity is proliferated by the blustering blowhard pundits today. Not to mention it was cheaper than the elaborate pagan rituals. The people espousing these fairytales don't believe it, but it's important for stability. If people believe in god and a better life in heaven, they don't think about how their social security is being robbed hahahaha.

Also, the bible was written years after Jesus died, so we don't even know if it portrays his beliefs accurately.

Monster secondhand information hahahaha.

Walked on water? Please...
TEAM REPTILIAN

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2007, 11:08:14 PM »
Yes, I'm waiting for Intenseone to knock us over with scientific proof the Christian God exist. hahahah. Don't hold out too long. I'm not reading a bunch of links either, I don't have time to waist so please summarise for me.

The emperor Constantine saw Christianity as something that would placate the people and make the empire stable...the same reason Christianity is proliferated by the blustering blowhard pundits today. The people espousing these fairytales don't believe it, but it's important for stability. If people believe in god and a better life in heaven, they don't think about how their social security is being robbed hahahaha.

Also, the bible was written after Jesus died, so we don't even know if it portrays his beliefs accurately.

Monster secondhand information hahahaha.

Walked on water? Please...

you can start with the link i posted!

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
you can start with the link i posted!

What's it say? What's the proof? Can you quote a specific excerpt or explain it in your own words?
TEAM REPTILIAN

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2007, 11:11:55 PM »
What's it say? What's the proof? Can you quote a specific excerpt or explain it in your own words?

Listen and find out.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2007, 11:14:15 PM »
Listen and find out.

So you can't explain it in otherwords. You just hear someone that you accept as smarter than yourself, listen to the conclusion, and then point to that as an example. Another piece of livestock in the flock of sheeple. hahaah.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2007, 11:19:29 PM »
So you can't explain it in otherwords. You just hear someone that you accept as smarter than yourself, listen to the conclusion, and then point to that as an example. Another piece of livestock in the flock of sheeple. hahaah.

Ok dude, whatever ::)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »
TEAM REPTILIAN

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2007, 11:24:35 PM »
I saw Reg Park last year when he was a guest speaker at a IFBB competition in Cape town.
My late Dad was also from that era and always spoke highly of him.
I wish him and his family well.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2007, 06:36:08 PM »
Don`t bother. My Mom has cancer and I see plenty of cancer patients.  The result is always the same and is not prolonged by anything other than modern medicine.

Retards, who are not cognizant of death let alone cancer, who also have cancer, do not live any longer or shorter.

Hope this helps.

I think you would be surprised at some of the findings in psychology as they relate to holistic or cultural healing.

Science and logic is the BEST chance we have at anything in life.  If you stick with science, you are giving yourself the best odds possible!!  :)  But it is narrow minded (and simply wrong) to rule out everything else - you would be surprised at the number of people who did not respond to conventional science but responded to something more unorthodox.  That being said, there are FAR MORE people who did not respond to conventional treatment as opposed to science!  So like I said - stick with science.  You are speaking in black and white though, sort of like the religious people do.

Adonis, check this out, evidence of chimpanzees using spears now.  They are coming along very nicely, I wonder how long until they make up fake gods and start killing each other over which fake god is better?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6387611.stm

As they evolve greater levels of intelligence and become aware of their mortality, they will also create gods as a means of coming to terms with death.  I believe immortality is a yearning for all mortal beings.

Prayers are basically similar to a placebo affect and not the hand of an old boogey man from the sky reaching down and injecting you with good health.  ::)

Exactly.  Thank you Camel Jockey.  My point is that TA fails to acknowledge that the placebo effect has a scientific basis.

hahaha adonis owned.

Pascal's wager has been thoroughly debunked.

Pretty sad that the only way you can find if your mythical god exists or not is based on your own death.  What is so special about death?

We all know what death is like.  It feels EXACTLY the same as before you were born.

And nobody can conclusively say what that means.  Sometimes I WISH death was nonexistence.  I live a pleasant life and am grateful for my short stay on earth, whether that be one more day or 100 more years.  Death being nonexistence would be simple - I wouldn't have to face the possibility that it is anything unpleasant.  I wish I could believe that.  It is a lot harder to come to terms with death when it is viewed as the unknown.  Both religious people and strong atheists have it easy when it comes to facing death.

Actually since we (Christians) have been claiming the existance of God/Jesus for over 2000 years, that would put the burden of proof on you and since you think that the non-existance of God is so concrete with science (and we have just as much science) it would be a non-issue for everyone and there would be no need for debate, but alas.......we'll argue back and forth till the day we die, but since I'll be at peace in Heaven with God, you can be on the other end dealing with satin himself!

Fallacy.  The burden of proof is one the one making the positive claim.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2007, 07:00:12 PM »
Actually since we (Christians) have been claiming the existance of God/Jesus for over 2000 years, that would put the burden of proof on you and since you think that the non-existance of God is so concrete with science (and we have just as much science) it would be a non-issue for everyone and there would be no need for debate, but alas.......we'll argue back and forth till the day we die, but since I'll be at peace in Heaven with God, you can be on the other end dealing with satin himself!
If I believed in 'god,' which I don't, I would never be this presumptuous.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2007, 07:13:35 AM »
The only way you can help him, would be to donate billions to fund research in order to develop a cure.

There is no god, praying is useless and stupid.  NEVER has a prayer cured anyone.

Disease does not work by chance and has known and identifiable characteristics.  This is not supernatural in nature, and you dolts should not treat it as such.

Stop wasting your time.

hahaha, this is so true, I am not against prayer at all, I think it can be comforting as long as you know 'God works in mysterious ways" and your prayers may or may not be answered.

What makes me laugh is these militant Christians who spend all their time, money and effort into forming a prayer chain or something ridicuous like that across the country and believe its actually going to do something. Instead of pressuring their corrupt right wing politicians into finding actual cures for diseases using good and real science.

Enough of this faith based bullshit. Its ruining this country.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2007, 07:26:16 AM »
You are a fucking moron.  You don`t believe in fairies or Gnomes now do you?  They have the same track record of existence and evidence as a God.

I really think you are a moron.

you do know there is a high chance based on belief and faith that a god exists, mathematicians and experts of probability determine this based on ones faith, its interesting but im not sure how to take it!..

i for one think creationism is a joke, to think the grand canyon was crafted in a 'day' - but there is just too much we dont know yet, so i suppose its minutely plausible.

also i think you fail to realize what significance the solar system is in the universe, think of it as that, too much out there for us to make and judgements, although i suppose we base our wants and needs on what we know and see/feel.

ah well just dont be so narrow minded, to each their own - to certain extents.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2007, 07:36:15 AM »
For all of you religous nuts and not, read some of what atheists are writing.

The God Delusion
The End of Faith
Letter to a Christian Nation

You may like it and it may in fact increase your faith or not, but it will definitely convince you of the life and death imperative that we must begin to question all religions, doubt all faiths and continue seeking answers with our own minds and working everyday in making a better life for everyone using the best of today's knowledge and science. Blind faith is going to destoy the world.

Anyone who believes that blowing up a bus load of children is going to heaven based on faith and no proof is just one example of how dangerous faith can be.  And it is not just muslims that have this crazy kind of belief system, it is all religions.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2007, 07:38:50 AM »

Life is not a battle of who is going to get into heaven leaving behind a destroyed planet. That is the problem with all religions. Its like some kind of crazy race at all costs and who gives a fuck about the environment, the animals and the innocent people.

Wouldn't God be happy if we were all trying to make heaven on earth.  Extreme religions and religious blind faith zealouts (including our President) are getting in the way of that and creating holy wars all across the gobe killing innocent people, and destroying our beautiful planet.

This belief that heaven is the answer and who gives a fuck about this life and this planet is just plain dangerous dogma.

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2007, 07:45:15 AM »
hi guys dont argue abt religion, religion = self belief . everyone has their own ideas its all cool

seriously, i dont know much abt reg park, his name is familiar to me that is all

imo  if u guys are his fans and want to help him start sending him cards or some money or ask the family how you can help within ur means. do more than posting on the internet.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2007, 08:07:36 AM »
hi guys dont argue abt religion, religion = self belief . everyone has their own ideas its all cool

that would be nice dude if thats what it was but dont you read the papers, Religions are at war. Their ruining the world for all of us, the moderate religious, the spiritual, the mystics, the athiests, the ones that think for themselves.

I am all for developing your own religion and philosophy of life. Of course we as a society have to agree on some things. And that is the problem. Nobody can agree on who gets to heaven and they are willing to kill for it especially in the name of 'protecting' their children. hahahahah

I say lets make heaven here on earth.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2007, 08:15:18 AM »
you do know there is a high chance based on belief and faith that a god exists, mathematicians and experts of probability determine this based on ones faith, its interesting but im not sure how to take it!..

i for one think creationism is a joke, to think the grand canyon was crafted in a 'day' - but there is just too much we dont know yet, so i suppose its minutely plausible.

also i think you fail to realize what significance the solar system is in the universe, think of it as that, too much out there for us to make and judgements, although i suppose we base our wants and needs on what we know and see/feel.

ah well just dont be so narrow minded, to each their own - to certain extents.

These mathematicians are conveniently forgetting that when there is no time limit, anything that can happen will, eventually. It's similar to the idea of eternal recurrence. Everything we are experiencing now will happen again someday as long as it is possible, however small the probability. It's like having unlimited rolls of the dice.
TEAM REPTILIAN

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2007, 08:35:30 AM »
Hey, Ron, we need a "Religious and Opinions" Board on here :)
Get Big, or Die Trying

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2007, 08:57:06 AM »
well, everything I prayed for in my life I got.  nearly 100%.  

how can one not believe in God?  The hundreds of billion details that all must perfectly come together in only one human is beyond remarkable.  how do you define your own existance?  why even go on living if all this is for shit?

even if there was not a heaven or God, the thought and belief help many people who struggle through every day life.  gives one hope there is something beyond this.

How can you seriously not pray for your mom's cancer?  Maybe something bad happened to you and u lost your faith?  well everything happens for a reason, and even if you don;t pray or believe in God, if you did it would help you cope and deal better with these situations.  

You say you got 100% of everything you prayed for. I think that is an arrogant and purposely misleading statement.  What do you say to a mother who's child is missing and she is praying fervently for her child's return. Is she doing something wrong? What about the missing children themselves that prayed to God to be returned to their parents and they never saw them again. What did they do wrong while they were praying? Maybe you can help.  Is there some special way to get to God?

Also, there is nothing wrong with believing in a God, it gives you comfort and helps a lot of people through their very difficult lives. What is wrong is when a group of them get together and say they have the right way to the right God and then they start Holy wars in the name of that God. That is the danger of blind faith. That is the real sin and the one that Jesus was abhorred

BUCK 65

• Getbig II
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2007, 10:52:35 AM »
God bless Reg !!

TA -God bless your mom also

We ALL die TA-so it's not a question of whether there is or isn't a god-
I think you are an angry, self absorbed person who could benefit from religion & the freedom it brings.
I do hope your point of view changes one day & it may very well.

You are an enigma for sure in any case.

God Bless you

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2007, 10:58:29 AM »
To all the super-christians here who have hijacked the thread: may allah be with you.

Now STFU  ;)

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2007, 11:12:20 AM »
This is the form of atheism that really annoys me (strong atheism).  You don't know there is no god any more than any religious person (regardless of religion) knows that there is a god.  The mere question is simply beyond our ontology and it is impossible to answer.

Matt C you nailed it with this paragraph. This is the truth.

People that are so ignorant to believe there is no God are the morons. I don't believe in religion but I do believe there is a God or Gods. A God is simply a Creator or an Infinite Intelligence. There are so many things that science cannot answer and both Einstein and Darwin admitted there "has to be some sort of God or Infinite Intelligence," because too many things in the world are simply inexplicable. It's best to just accept that we have a Creator and leave it at that because like Matt C said, the answer is simply beyond our comprehension.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2007, 11:35:48 AM »

People that are so ignorant to believe there is no God are the morons. I don't believe in religion but I do believe there is a God or Gods. A God is simply a Creator or an Infinite Intelligence. There are so many things that science cannot answer and both Einstein and Darwin admitted there "has to be some sort of God or Infinite Intelligence," because too many things in the world are simply inexplicable. It's best to just accept that we have a Creator and leave it at that because like Matt C said, the answer is simply beyond our comprehension.
"Thank god" you've straightened this out for us ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz