Author Topic: Justin Harris Interview.  (Read 16778 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Justin Harris Interview.
« on: May 12, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »
I have to run, so forgive me if there are formatting errors on this page, but I will link this to getbig before I do so anywhere else:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/justinharrisinterview05122007.html

Justin is strong AS FUCKING HELL.  No joke, he is nearly on Ronnie's level.  I knew he was strong, but didn't know he was THAT strong.

What do you think of my interview skills?  ???  I plan to be the new Ron Avidan.  ;D  I'm looking for feedback.  Was my asking about coke a bit unprofessional?

I have to run - thanks for any feedback you may have!

Bodybuilding Pro.com

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Justin Harris Interview.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »
Good Job Matt.

JH comes off an intelligent fella, who doesn't take himself too seriously.
HAHA, RON.....

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 08:26:49 PM »
I think Matt has a thing for young, strong, 5'9ish men

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 01:42:47 PM »
Good Job Matt.

JH comes off an intelligent fella, who doesn't take himself too seriously.

Yep, he does.  Very intelligent - his nutrition disc in his DVD is excellent.  Also if you check up on some of his posts here on getbig you will see how well he articulates himself.

I think Matt has a thing for young, strong, 5'9ish men

He says he's 5'9, but closer to 5'10.6.  ;D  Truth is, I think some bodybuilders reduce their height for cosmetic reasons, since 5'9 and 265 sounds more impressive than 5'11 and 265.  5'11 is almost "too tall" for a bodybuilder and may be looked at as such in competition.  Just my theory though.

Justin and Steve's strength impresses the hell out of me though, but Justin is ahead of Steve and close to Ronnie at his peak (no joke).
Bodybuilding Pro.com

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 03:39:37 PM »
Awesome interview. Good job, Matt. Justin is a really cool guy.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 03:43:11 PM »
5ft 10  265lbs sounds huge to me. personally i like the look of taller bbers. sure it takes longer to look thick but when they fill out there frame i think the longer lines look better.
irongearco.com

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »
Yep, he does.  Very intelligent - his nutrition disc in his DVD is excellent.  Also if you check up on some of his posts here on getbig you will see how well he articulates himself.

He says he's fine nine, but closer to 5'10.6.  ;D 

I was laser measured at the 2001 NFL combines at 5' 10.6" EXACTLY.

That's some serious height guessing ability if you took that off the top of your head. 

www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 05:36:09 PM »
I was laser measured at the 2001 NFL combines at 5' 10.6" EXACTLY.

That's some serious height guessing ability if you took that off the top of your head. 

you went to the Combines? you must have been a damn good college football player.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 05:37:33 PM »
Justin, where'd u play college football? Not michigan, I hope!!!

Also, why didn't you to go to the nfl?

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 05:53:50 PM »
Justin, where'd u play college football? Not michigan, I hope!!!

Also, why didn't you to go to the nfl?

The NFL wasn't in the cards.  I had a very good run for my situation.

I was a two time Division III All-American.  In 2001, I was the pre-season defensive national MVP. 
I tested out well at the combines. 
I benched 225lbs 40 times, had a 36" vertical, and ran around 4.7 in the 40.  My times and skills were "pro caliber" as a defensive end (which is what I was), but in the end, at 5'10," there were 10,000 other guys with AT LEAST as good of skills who were 6'5". 

I had a great time at the combines though.  It was at Ohio State's indoor facility.  It was just amazing to see the speed of some of the faster guys.  Totally unreal. 
a 4.5 guy will beat a 4.7 guy by 10 yards in the 40.....there were a few 4.3 guys there.  The speed difference at that level is unbelievable.  Those guys were beating FAST players by 15 yards in the 40. 

The top guys get private try-outs, so for the most part, it was just us dreamers hoping to turn in a freak performance to get noticed.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Stavios

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 06:05:34 PM »
cool interview !

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 06:12:26 PM »

I was a two time Division III All-American.  In 2001, I was the pre-season defensive national MVP. 
I benched 225lbs 40 times, had a 36" vertical, and ran around 4.7 in the 40.  My times and skills were "pro caliber" as a defensive end (which is what I was), but in the end, at 5'10," there were 10,000 other guys with AT LEAST as good of skills who were 6'5". 

I had a great time at the combines though.  It was at Ohio State's indoor facility.  It was just amazing to see the speed of some of the faster guys.  Totally unreal. 
a 4.5 guy will beat a 4.7 guy by 10 yards in the 40.....there were a few 4.3 guys there.  The speed difference at that level is unbelievable.  Those guys were beating FAST players by 15 yards in the 40. 

The top guys get private try-outs, so for the most part, it was just us dreamers hoping to turn in a freak performance to get noticed.

Were you using steroids at that time?

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 06:16:11 PM »
Besides Football, powerlifting and bodybuilding, little do you guys know that Justin has a record of 0-0 with one knockout to his credit in MMA. How did that happen? He knocked the guy out in the dressing room for giving him some lip.

I saw the studies he came forward with (via the 2 to 1 to 1 Leucine to Iso to Valine ratio) and the design he put behind his product Anatrop--much respect as I know a boatload of top people are talking about it and using it http://www.troponinsupplements.com/ (including quite a few people on my roster)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 06:16:44 PM »
Tropin, you bring up an interesing topic!

on the defensive side of the ball, it is very difficult to be under 6'0". Today, more and more they are drafting tall and fast wide receivers (6'3"+) . On the only place that someone under 6'0" could make the NFL is as a rubbing back

today in the NFL these guys are true genetic freaks, big, strong and with world class speed
Here comes the money shot

Peter Putnam

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Stay Pumped!
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 06:29:51 PM »
Justin is a great guy, sincere person, and a devoted father.  He is very insightful and I wish him continued success!

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 06:35:08 PM »
justin seems like a breath of fresh air to me. well spoken, educated and interesting! he and i were in the same class at the juniors in 2005 and i remember seeing him there.

also, matt c, dont second guess your interview style. your questions are good. not the usual crap. makes for interesting reading.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 06:55:27 PM »
I saw the studies he came forward with (via the 2 to 1 to 1 Leucine to Iso to Valine ratio) and the design he put behind his product Anatrop--much respect as I know a boatload of top people are talking about it and using it http://www.troponinsupplements.com/ (including quite a few people on my roster)

LOL I thought you were kidding but damn, he really has a supp named Anatrop! LMAO! Is it more potent than MT Anatorp? That shit is wicked strong, don't know if I could hadle AnaTrop!!
Can you stack this with Waxy Maize?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 06:57:22 PM »
informative and good interview.  different questions & follow-ups.  his candid honesty is refreshing and i appreciate his self-taught wisdom.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 06:26:32 AM »

on the defensive side of the ball, it is very difficult to be under 6'0". Today, more and more they are drafting tall and fast wide receivers (6'3"+) . On the only place that someone under 6'0" could make the NFL is as a rubbing back

today in the NFL these guys are true genetic freaks, big, strong and with world class speed
totally agreed, that's where the REAL genetic freaks are the NFL, i've never understood how someone who is under 6 feet tall can call themselves a genetic freak, hahahahaa, it's laughable.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 06:58:08 AM »
ricky williams might be a genetic freak

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 07:06:28 AM »

The NFL Combine is held in Indianapolis, IN EVERY year. What you attended was a most likely a "Pro Day" which every major university has.
BTW... a 4.5 is no where near 10 yards diff from a 4.7   
a "10th" in the 40 yard dash is about 1 foot in actual diff.  MArtin Rooney Discusses this in his speed DVD for combine prep. http://www.parisischool.com/programs/combine.asp

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 07:13:12 AM »

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 07:22:52 AM »
"I think it is a "true" training DVD. There is no shirtless training, no "you should see how much I lift in the offseason," no cables, or anything like that. It is two up and coming NPC bodybuilders showing exactly what we do in the offseason to try to improve."

with all due respect Justin.................. ...if you looked like Jay Cutler you would probably train with your shirt off too

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 07:36:28 AM »

This thread alone is proof as to the level of understanding bodybuilders have requarding pro football.
I know MANY corner backs who "made it" just fine in the NFL. and are UNDER 6' http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492951
BTW.... Vick called, he wanted to know if you will be the team " rubbing back"

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 11:08:27 AM »
You guys haven't made a lot of comments on Justin's powerlifting total:

2,149 lbs

Can you believe that?  :o

I will assume that at absolute most, Ronnie's total may have been 2,300.  If I'm not mistaken, Johnnie O. Jackson hit 2,172 in a 2002 meet.

The reality of this is that it puts Justin as one of the strongest bodybuilders competing today - and ever for that matter.
Bodybuilding Pro.com