Author Topic: The mysterious female orgasm . . .  (Read 14757 times)

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
Re: The mysterious female orgasm . . .
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 09:55:55 AM »
I thought of another explanation for rape fantasies; in our society the double moral tells women it's not done to have one night stands and casual sex. A rape fantasy means that she can still have that anonymous sex but because she is a victim no mores are broken.
I think it's most plausible that rape fantasies are a very romantised versions of rape. If they were not, certain victims would express the want for another rape, something I just don't see happening.

It's quite a tricky issue, I think that the notion of a connection between an orgasm and actual enjoyment in this case is absolutely false.
It just proves that an orgasm in possible in the most horrible of circumstances. That doesn't mean that sex isn't a mindgame and a large group of men and women have the easiest and best orgasms when they are in their comfort zone.

As a good reference I'll use the 'pee shy' example:

Some men when peeing in a bar are very aware of others in the same room or men standing besides them urinating. This notion is enough to prevent them from performing one of the most basic and natural human functions. Transfer this idea to a bedroom, a new partner, perhaps lack of experience and you see why lots of people have problems performing sexually or have difficulties having orgasms.   

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 11:26:12 AM »
Some men when peeing in a bar are very aware of others in the same room or men standing besides them urinating. This notion is enough to prevent them from performing one of the most basic and natural human functions. Transfer this idea to a bedroom, a new partner, perhaps lack of experience and you see why lots of people have problems performing sexually or have difficulties having orgasms.   

This is def. true. Some girls simply CANT orgasm with a partner. Maybe they are afraid to lose control, or they've associated guilty feelings with sexualty etc.

Eg. some girls never have an orgasm with their partner, they try a vibrator and within a couple of minutes they cum. Then they try it again when their partner next to them and they fail. Saw a woman on tv the other day and she only made love with her face under a pillow. LOL. She said she even does it while masturbating.
The suppression of female sexuality still has effects today and probably contributes to this.
$

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 11:30:09 AM »
yes very true, cultural values can have very profound effects on private life.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 05:06:02 PM »
Lol... it's the girl board... we can't be as graphic here, otherwise this would be a topic for the sexy dungeon board.  ;)

I think if you ask most women, what they would really like is a very talented caveman.  :)  Look at the covers of 90% of paperback romance novels.  You'll see a pic of a woman being overwhelmed by an alpha-male type of man.

this is what a caveman would look like (on the right) . . . w maybe a little less of a gut. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 05:47:15 PM »
yes very true, cultural values can have very profound effects on private life.

Yes, that's what I said earlier too.

Although a pillow over the face seems a little extreme. :-\

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 05:50:33 PM »
No Al-Gebra, he's a badboy, not a caveman.  :-\  The distinction is subtle, but there nonetheless.  I'm thinking more like this...

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 05:54:04 PM »
Yes, that's what I said earlier too.

Although a pillow over the face seems a little extreme. :-\

whatever gets her through the night is all right.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 06:00:02 PM »
No Al-Gebra, he's a badboy, not a caveman.  :-\  The distinction is subtle, but there nonetheless.  I'm thinking more like this...

nope, those are stereotypical metros . . .

real cavemen = mike ditka, mike singletary

it's all moot anyway . . . civilization has almost completely ruined sex by saddling it w all this "cultural value" baggage. If I ever get married, I'm going to go to Borneo for my honeymoon, and i won't shave for a month and i'll knife pigs for dinner (one of the advantages of being a texas boy is actually knowing how to do that).

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 07:37:24 PM »

it's all moot anyway . . . civilization has almost completely ruined sex by saddling it w all this "cultural value" baggage. If I ever get married, I'm going to go to Borneo for my honeymoon, and i won't shave for a month and i'll knife pigs for dinner (one of the advantages of being a texas boy is actually knowing how to do that).

Lol... Borneo and knifing pigs sounds kind of exciting, but to someone who grew up around Frenchmen, the not shaving for a month seems to go hand in hand more with a black turtleneck and burgundy silk scarf rather than the caveman image, but I guess that's cultural.  ;)

With the scraggy hair and leather armband, I thought my first pic put forth the image of a passionate savage rather than a metro, at least that's what I was intending.  I imagine with all the running after prey, and fleeing predators, the average caveman would have been lean with good abs, although would have been a lot hairier, true.  The second pic was to illustrate the "doing" rather than a specific look... but I guess the hair is a little metro.

I can see where you're going with Mike Ditka, but he's a little old and it would be like fantasizing about your father, I would think.  :-X Plus he comes from that era of men who weren't overwhelmingly aware of, well, how important talent is. Reminds me of Robert Mitchum, et al.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2007, 06:30:40 AM »

You can not seperate sex or any other social phenomenon from the culture it's practised in, people define culture, culture defines people.
That doesn't mean sex is constantly an explicitly culturally laden activity, thank god it's not. There are some scenarios where it's smart to be weary of the consequences of our cultural values and how they suppress or empower certain people.
Btw you don't need to get married to get a tribal sabbatical, I've seen some travel agencies exploring this back to basics idea.

What do you guys feel is the difference between a dandy and a metrosexual?

I consider myself a bit of a dandy, I like clothes with a sleek tailored fit, nice classy italian shoes with a bit of a twist.
I look after myself, but I don't have manicures or pedicures, I do pluck the odd eyebrow hair but no more. I steer clear of make up or ascessoiries and tats. I like myself 'au natural'. I think a metro is more victimised by the L'Orealists of today's society, the idea that we should invest ample amounts of time and money on easthethic enhancers just to come by.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2007, 07:03:13 AM »
The idea of the metrosexual is not a new one at all.  "Dandyism" or "foppishness" was always prevalent among the courtiers and well-placed in society going back centures and probably peaking during the time of Louis XV (?).  The make-up, wigs, elaborate clothes/stockings/heels, the limp wrists perpetually sporting a lace hankie, popular during centuries past seems much more extreme/feminine than the average metrosexual male with shaved chest and plucked brows.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007, 07:13:57 AM »
Yes it's age old, dandyism might be grounded in excentrism and elitism more perhaps.