Author Topic: Please evaluate my post-workout nutrition plan  (Read 11316 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Re: Please evaluate my post-workout nutrition plan
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 03:22:14 PM »

Fructose is not a good carb choice post work out (you need to replenish muscle glycogen, not liver glycogen).  240, you should know that by now  ;)

god damn, you re so smart on nutrition, why doesnt it show on your phisique?

i mean guys cut the crap, anything goes after a workout.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 03:25:18 PM »
thanks for all the feedback.  something like gatorade or 1/2 cup juice would be way easier, but i'll grab some dex next time i order protein.  I'm getting very good at drinking whey after training, so it should be easy enoug to toss in.

Actually I'm getting very good at whey all day.  I eat 3 or 4 good meals, and 4 or 5 whey shakes now. 

why you take so much protein?

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 05:28:34 AM »
why you take so much protein?

Does seem like alot of protein, how many grams per shake? The gatorade thing works great, I have spent money on other things but think I do just as well with gatorade.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 01:08:18 PM »
1 cup grape juice, 20 minutes after training

50 grams whey and a piece of fruit, 45 minutes after training.

thanks!

Sounds good to me, although I'm not quite sure your reason for the 20-45 minute delay.

Years ago, I would have my Mega Mass shake about 30 minutes after my workout, but that's because I went to hit the pool and jacuzzi.

Since I don't do that now (at least, not at the gym, as I don't want to fall asleep behind the wheel while driving home), I have my post-workout shake, right after I finish training.

Over the past 5 months, my shake has consisted of:

- 2 Scoops whey protein powder (ON Classic Whey/Designer Whey)
- 2 Scoops Anator P-70
- 2 Scoops CELL-TECH

I've modified that, slightly, just for a change of pace and to see if Milos Sarcev's claims will work for me, regarding nutrient consumption while training.

To that end, I've replaced CELL-TECH with Size-On, which I consume during my workout. The post-workout shake now has one scoop of Six Star's creatine cocktail (the old formula, marked down in price to $15).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »
Thats funny I heard Ronnie is one of the few who does like I said, gets to real food. As a matter of fact I remember reading he calls that restaurant near his gym before he leaves the gym and tells them to start getting his BBQ chicken and corn bread ready, no fu*king around for big Ron

From what I've read, Coleman does BOTH: He has his post-workout supplements, immediately after he finishes training. Then, he hits his favorite restaurant (I think it's called Black-Eyed Pea) and gobbles down his food a half-hour later.