Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding sponsorships/ads are a joke!  (Read 3657 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Pro Bodybuilding sponsorships/ads are a joke!
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 11:27:19 PM »
Props are a horrible idea! They're the dumbest thing ever.

I never said they were a good idea, but they are part of entertaining and Chic said he is trying to bring entertainment into the posing and he had the props taken out.  Right or wrong, good or bad, he did do that.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 08:44:35 AM »
I never said they were a good idea, but they are part of entertaining and Chic said he is trying to bring entertainment into the posing and he had the props taken out.  Right or wrong, good or bad, he did do that.

They're only a "part of entertaining" if it IS entertaining...there are different kinds of entertainment...having a bunch of pro bbers dressed up like it's halloween does nothing for the sport except make it look foolish...THAT'S why I had the rule re-enforced.

My ideas for entertainment don't include dressing up like superman or King Tut...

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 08:53:17 AM »
They're only a "part of entertaining" if it IS entertaining...there are different kinds of entertainment...having a bunch of pro bbers dressed up like it's halloween does nothing for the sport except make it look foolish...THAT'S why I had the rule re-enforced.

My ideas for entertainment don't include dressing up like superman or King Tut...

I agree with Chick. Turning a pro-bbing show into an even more flamboyant gay strip show than it already is, is a step in the wrong direction

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 01:07:08 PM »
Would you give my opinions any credence if I believed 1+1=3, or that the world is flat?

As neither has anything to do with the subject at hand (that being Bodybuilding sponsorships and ads), I personally don't care.

The underlying issue is whether such props give enhancement to or detract from the show.

I take it we won't see you blasting any ninjas out of the balcony or the cheap seats, anytime soon. ;D

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 01:26:07 PM »

But still you think is a good idea to play a character at a national Tv show like Malcom in the middle, which resembles the very bad stereotype of the proverbial dumb bodybuilder as your great contribution to advertise our sport and bring it to the masses outhere, as a way of marketing ???

Man, you really should be removed form your position in this industry....
Reservations at Dorsia ?

The-Seasons

• Getbig II
  • "and then she's gonna fix me up with your sister"
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 02:20:22 PM »
I have no problem with them for guest posing...but they have no business in professional bodybuilding.

Just gotta give credit where it's due...although almost every use of props in pro bb has been little short of a joke, Melvin Anthony's Phantom of the Opera routine (from 2005 AC i think) was both entertaining and stylish.

The only problem is Melvin and maybe Darrem are the only two guys in the whole sport who can pull this stuff off without it turning into a gay circus freakshow.
"Gee dad, he's big"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2007, 04:48:24 PM »
But still you think is a good idea to play a character at a national Tv show like Malcom in the middle, which resembles the very bad stereotype of the proverbial dumb bodybuilder as your great contribution to advertise our sport and bring it to the masses outhere, as a way of marketing ???

Man, you really should be removed form your position in this industry....

"Playing a character" is just that...it's a ROLE, ACTING.

Man, you really should be removed from being able to post any more....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »
Didn't we already go over all this last year? Geeze...you aught to keep a list of answers to dumb questions so you can just copy/paste them into the board.

Tell me about it, bro....

No lack of fools, thats for sure.