Author Topic: Hey 240  (Read 1811 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Hey 240
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »
I want to know where you got your education, and at what point you became a left winger. I ask because, of all the people I have talked to and disagreed with, you are by FAR the most intelligent and most educated of all left wingers I come in contact with. Most liberals are easy to beat, but you won't give up and you always have facts to back up your arguments. I would enjoy hearing this. Not trying nor meaning to sound disrespectful.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Hey 240
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 08:23:02 PM »
I don't consider myself a left winger.

I started as a repub in 92 (and all thru middle school debates long before this).  When I learned about the "let it happen" of 9/11, I lost faith in the neocon element.  I am still very much republican on domestic issues.

I am starting to think the larger longterm US policy issues - like energy and position - go way beyond Dem and Repub.  So arguing about the day to day stuff is starting to lose its luster.  I mean, I was more entertained by the NY Pro than I have been by the week of presidential posturing.

It's about companies now - large corps which manage the worlds resources.  I was saddened by 911, but now I see the purposes behind it.  And while Alex Jones might be right about things - I have yet to see his energy policy should the US end all overseas involvement.  :(  And since I came to be honest with myself - that I wouldn't change a thing if it meant compromising my own standard of living - I no longer feel I have the moral authority to criticize 911 or the war.  I'm as bad as they are!

I have an AS in history, BS in education, AA in computer networking, and masters in business admin.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 08:24:35 PM »
And you might see me as a left winger because I argue with the far-right neocons here...

I argue more because most of them are idiots who believe we're at war for democracy and that WTC7 fell from gravity.  Truly stupid folks who believe we don't care about iraqi oil.  I found myself wasting way to much time arguing with them, and it's really not worth it.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 10:00:35 AM »
I want to know where you got your education, and at what point you became a left winger. I ask because, of all the people I have talked to and disagreed with, you are by FAR the most intelligent and most educated of all left wingers I come in contact with. Most liberals are easy to beat, but you won't give up and you always have facts to back up your arguments. I would enjoy hearing this. Not trying nor meaning to sound disrespectful.

LOL, do you live in the hills of Kentucky or Alabama surrounded by your "kin"?

You realize of course that many of the world's best institutions of higher learning have a higher percentage (both student body and faculty) of "left wingers" than "right wingers" don't you?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 12:07:17 PM »

Why do people always fall into political trenches?

240 seems pretty conservative in his views. Questioning a crappy explanation on 9/11 and disagreeing on the Iraq war does not make someone a left winger. I'm mistrusting of the government and a lot of my views are conservative, but I would never associate myself with the republican party.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 12:17:46 PM »
actually, i support the war.

However i readily admit it is for oil and global position.  I readily admit we're using imperialism and killing tens or hundreds of thousands, and IMO working to perpetuate the cycle of domestic violence to justify our staying there.  I have the balls to admit we're pirates who staged a self attack to justify moving the war machine into the region to take them down piecemeal to get the oil we need to sustain our economy and the strike position/capability should China start popping our satellites.

I don't support cowards who yell "spreading democracy!" and "not about the oil!".  Remember, we flew over Darfur (way worse human crisis) and NKorea (way worse WMD) to hit Iraq.  It's no coincidence the oil is there.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 12:20:06 PM »
U can be a conservative without beinga republican...especially this crop of Repubs. Just like u can be a Dem and not be crazy about the Liberal movement.
L

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 12:28:13 PM »
actually, i support the war.

However i readily admit it is for oil and global position.  I readily admit we're using imperialism and killing tens or hundreds of thousands, and IMO working to perpetuate the cycle of domestic violence to justify our staying there.  I have the balls to admit we're pirates who staged a self attack to justify moving the war machine into the region to take them down piecemeal to get the oil we need to sustain our economy and the strike position/capability should China start popping our satellites.

Yes, you have the balls to admit you are a selfish warmongering American.  Now if you only had the brains and compassion to take on a liberal view.
Stick out your tongue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 12:52:11 PM »
Liberialism is a sickness..why the hell would he want to do that.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 01:14:47 PM »
You conclude that liberalism is a sickness.

What do you mean by 'liberalism'?

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 01:18:32 PM »

I love 240 but his beliefs are right there with Rosie O'Donnell.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 01:35:40 PM »
I love 240 but his beliefs are right there with Rosie O'Donnell.

rooster, you've admitted IF 911 was a self-inflicted wound, it was done for the greater good.

You allowed for that possibility.  Speaks volumes.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 01:36:24 PM »
Decker ur not sick...atleast by your posts here. I'm a Conservative..I'd paint u as a center left dem..I guess.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »
Yes, you have the balls to admit you are a selfish warmongering American.  Now if you only had the brains and compassion to take on a liberal view.

IMO, the decision was made in the mid to late 90s as to US course of action (regardless of which party had the white house - lieberman would have played cheney's role on 911, you know this).

They could have gone with alternative fuel.  But their personal greed meant we DIDN'T start it in 94 or 96, which would have been necessary to be off oil today.  now? Too late.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 01:38:40 PM »
rooster, you've admitted IF 911 was a self-inflicted wound, it was done for the greater good.

You allowed for that possibility.  Speaks volumes.

Hardly......I think he's a guy who would like to see the republican party regain its center base/fiscal conservatism and not spend us into the ground. Pulling out of Iraq does not make u liberal..pulling out next week and call "the road to Damascus, is a road to peace, does.
L

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »
Hardly......I think he's a guy who would like to see the republican party regain its center base/fiscal conservatism and not spend us into the ground. Pulling out of Iraq does not make u liberal..pulling out next week and call "the road to Damascus, is a road to peace, does.

Bingo.  You are exactly right, i want us out of iraq as bad as any democrat , i just don't want to wave the white flag and tell the terrorists they have defeated the worlds only superpower and watch the middle east go up in flames with Iran controlling every country in the region.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 02:13:01 PM »
I think alot of here want to pull out..but not tommorrow and most of us don't wanna pay 4 bucks for gas either.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 03:53:53 AM »

Liberalism, is something different from what Limbaugh and O'Reilly thinks it is. These two are some of the most ignorant persons I've seen, and they're spreading their fables. It's borderline dangerous.

How soon before the public will believe that a liberal is more or less a communist?

Liberalism stands for liberty, freedom, in different ways: Free-trade, Personal freedom and independency.

It's argued by many political scientists, that we no longer have liberal parties, because the whole political system is based on liberalism, and that all parties that promotes democracy are liberal.

Our modern democracy, is essentially based on liberalism.

Read that again. All parties that promotes democracy are liberal.

As far as USA goes, it's easy to see that both parties are founded on a liberal base, they have lots of differences,
but both parties believe in freedom for the individual to a certain degree,
both parties believes in a free market,
both parties believe in democracy and free elections.

There are many different kinds of liberalism as well. But I like to look at liberalism as the playground we all play in, the core of our modern democracy.

Limbaugh and O'Reilly?

I doubt they ever read one single paragraph about Adam Smith, who's considered the founder of Liberalism.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 04:06:40 AM »
I think alot of here want to pull out..but not tommorrow and most of us don't wanna pay 4 bucks for gas either.

Wake up HHS......gas has gone from 1.10 when that POS took over the WH.....it's already higher by 200%+

Are you Repugs NOW trying to scare Americans with 4.00 gas when it's ALREADY 3.50 under your "Oil president"?

STFU.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 04:21:53 AM »
Limbaugh and O'Reilly?
I doubt they ever read one single paragraph about Adam Smith, who's considered the founder of Liberalism.

OReilly has spend dozens of hours bashing Loose Change and Rosie.

Yet he admits he has never looked at any of their evidence, or watched Loose Change.  That would be "helping the terrorists".

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 05:54:15 AM »
OReilly has spend dozens of hours bashing Loose Change and Rosie.

Yet he admits he has never looked at any of their evidence, or watched Loose Change.  That would be "helping the terrorists".

LMFAO.

He hasn't watched Loose Change? So how the fcuk is he gonna blast it?

Oh brother...

Monster intellectual giant right there. Epic credibility. Brutal display of fact research before opening "ze grand yapper"... ::)

The more I learn about O'Reilly... the more I love him. 8)

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 06:14:34 AM »
Mark Cuban went on OReilly's radio show. 

OReilly spent a few minutes bashing him, telling him how stupid and wrong the movie was.

Cuban asked, "Have you even watched it Bill?"

It's kind of hard to have any credibility in an agument when you don't even understand your opponent's position.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 06:16:06 AM »
He hasn't watched Loose Change? So how the fcuk is he gonna blast it?

I'd bet the rent check the majority of folks here who argue 911 *wasn't* an inside job haven't watched it either.  yet they'll spend hours telling me I'm crazy for questioning the official story.  Just like the sheep they are, just like their Leader Oreilly.  They think what they're told and are unable to make any decisions on their own.