Author Topic: Rewrite the bodybuilding rules  (Read 1571 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Rewrite the bodybuilding rules
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
Based on what we actually see happen on stage the pro div of the IFBB should consider doing a revision of the pro division rules:

1. Just drop the 47 page section on drugs and drug testing. Nobody intends to do any real drug testing and to imply otherwise is a complete joke. Just drop the issue and written rules against it.

2. State that while symmetry and shape and key to a great physque, the winning look will be one shows a lot of large muscle size with freakish muscularity.

3. Don't even try to include the posing routines in the actual score ( Bob Chic idea). Do the routines and give a prize for the best one.

4. The posedown should be the mandatory poses  judged togther ON STAGE. Trying to judge guys running in the audiance is impossible. The free for all posing should be done but for the audiance only.

What else? suggestions?    Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Rewrite the bodybuilding rules
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 09:14:15 AM »
Somebody has an obvious HG belly - instant disqualification
Bad sportsmansship aka doing a Kamali - instant disqualification

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 09:15:22 AM »
Fire all the current judges, and have judges elected every 2-4 years or so by secret ballot of pro-card holding athletes?  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:17:16 AM »
Fire all the current judges, and have judges elected every 2-4 years or so by secret ballot of pro-card holding athletes?  ;D

How about we give First-Second and Third place out randomly? I would look a hell lot better than what the judges do right now, and there would be a 2.5% chance that the right guy might wins :D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 09:18:36 AM »
you need permission from the 'big dawgs' to get anything done..
L

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 09:36:11 AM »
There should be a talent portion of the show where the athletes get to display a skill other than posing, like tap dancing or baton twirling ;)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 09:44:14 AM »
Somebody has an obvious HG belly - instant disqualification

If your gut sticks out past your chest, go home - you're a chem experiment gone awry.

That's not bad.

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 09:48:51 AM »
why not onstage lifts. the more impressive the lift the more points. sounds like powerlifting a bit maybe but its a thought.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 09:54:14 AM »

that's a good idea actually.  Another one woudl be to actually pick out a physique and say "this is the standard you need to work towards and you will be judged by how close you come to this standard, you can be big as hell but you still need to be proportioned, balanced, seperated and have a visible midsection at all times"

I'd pick this:
nasser=piece of shit

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 10:00:01 AM »
that's a good idea actually.  Another one woudl be to actually pick out a physique and say "this is the standard you need to work towards and you will be judged by how close you come to this standard, you can be big as hell but you still need to be proportioned, balanced, seperated and have a visible midsection at all times"

I'd pick this:

yea to set something like that as a standard for quality of the physique ain't a bad idea.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 10:05:32 AM »
very good points!!!

yes i agree with these:

- you NEED a midsection...no more bloated GH-Insulin guts...
 - Obvious synthol parts (i mean obvious like Nasser on his end, Milos for some time..., Flex)need to be disqualified
 - Any MAJOR laggin part should be penalized (like having a great body but no arms, or no triceps...no CALFS...). I dont mean take the guy out , just take some points
 - off course, respecting these things, the more mass, the better
 - end the ' BACK IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MUSCLE' crap...if you have the best back BUT you are beat on everything else, you should not win just because of this (man, Nasser would be mr O with these rules some year between 99-01  :'(
!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 01:10:01 PM »
I'd pick this:

Since most of us has don't have such a huge head in comparison to shoulders, how could one work on making the head bigger? Or should the shoulders be shrunk?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 01:15:18 PM »

I'd pick this:

Man, Danny Padilla was just amazing, how Franco beat him is beyond me. If Danny was 5'10" look out.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 01:18:26 PM »
Since most of us has don't have such a huge head in comparison to shoulders, how could one work on making the head bigger? Or should the shoulders be shrunk?

last time I looked the head wasn't a muscle ???
nasser=piece of shit

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 01:22:52 PM »
They need a gyno rule...if you go on stage with gyno you should not be placing in the money or Mr O qualification spots.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 01:54:36 PM »

I'd pick this:

Believe it or not this was the intention of physique judging and has NOT changed in terms of actual writtten rules.
Plus, the old AAU Mr America had a minimal "athletic event" criteria and most did OLympic lifting to satisfy it.
Obviously, what we see winning is a far cry from the written actual judging standard.
I am NOT saying some monster like Branch shoud not win, but, he would NOT if the actual written standards were used 100%.
I am kinda surprised more bodybuilders don't look at that 42 pg drug testing and how steroids are against the IFBB actual rules. I mean c'mon they can't possibly think ANYONE would half a brain with think the top pros are drug free...c'mon.

At any rate I think we all agree that the applied rules are not the actual, written rules. In this case, either enforce the rules as they  are written in terms of drug testing and judging or REwrite them. What puzzles me is why they haven't been ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 02:00:45 PM »
why not onstage lifts. the more impressive the lift the more points. sounds like powerlifting a bit maybe but its a thought.
yeah real good idea to do heavy weights @ 2% bodyfat and severly dehydrated

::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 02:05:17 PM »

I'd pick this:

Im not so sure about that.  Physiques look enough a like already.  If they had one set standard everbody would look relatively the same.  How boring is that.  They already have the roles about proportion, symmetry and shape but it goes ignored as it is.
A

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 02:14:19 PM »

Im not so sure about that.  Physiques look enough a like already.  If they had one set standard everbody would look relatively the same.  How boring is that.  They already have the roles about proportion, symmetry and shape but it goes ignored as it is.

danny fits every rule they have as far as I know, I'm not saying everyone should look exactly like he does what I'm saying is they shoudl be striving for elements of his physique that they don't currently have:  proportion, shape, seperation, ability to present themselves as pro's and size.  Not just size, size, size
nasser=piece of shit

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 02:20:24 PM »
danny fits every rule they have as far as I know, I'm not saying everyone should look exactly like he does what I'm saying is they shoudl be striving for elements of his physique that they don't currently have:  proportion, shape, seperation, ability to present themselves as pro's and size.  Not just size, size, size

I agree with ya man.  I just dont want a million dexter jacksons running around on stage. Boring as hell to me.
A