Author Topic: King's Triumphant Return!  (Read 27428 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: King's Triumphant Return!
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2007, 06:50:47 AM »

My English wasn't working yesterday, so I had to take it to the shop to be repaired.

The fucckers gave me this piece of shit Spanish as a rental!  >:(

HAHAHAHA Atleast you didn't have to use Spanglish otherwise landscapers would be trying to hire you...
I

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
  • What goes around comes around.....
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2007, 06:56:31 AM »
Where was TEAM KAMALI with their "Back with a vengence" T-Shirts this year.

He should have made some new one for 2007....."KING KAMALI...BACK WITH AN OIL CHANGE"

Nice full and ROUND triceps....so brutally obvious.

A tricep should look like a HORSESHOE not a small balloon!!!!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2007, 07:02:30 AM »
He probably didn't thought we would see it.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2007, 07:18:40 AM »
mr intenseone made some really good points....i think King needs a Complete lay off, like i told many times...Pull off a 'levrone' and go off EVERYTHING for a year...dont train, dont eat too much, dont take drugs...just give his body a vacation...
 and yes, change the training ...go oposite, try high volume, more definition exercises...King has good mass, his problem is his simetry...
 He doesnt show a big 'gut' rigth now, but his waist is very big...for what it seems is forever....

the synthol (or whatever he did to his arms) are not looking good too...But on a good note, he really was better than any of his competitions for the last years, and as always he had the best tan...
 Oh, and still has a good back and traps...But legs are laggin to much now too

I didn't say not train, he needs to train, just not the powerlifting BS!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2007, 07:45:44 AM »
You're a dumbass, disgusted.  Period.

You can lay down threads on here claiming this or that, the bottom-damn-line is that Barbara's boy looked like SHIT at the NY Pro...with  your help.

Period.

You sound like such an angry little boy.  ;)  Time for little boy boo boo lip to get in the corner.  :'(  ps, you have gyno.  ;D

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2007, 07:52:51 AM »
You sound like such an angry little boy.  ;)  Time for little boy boo boo lip to get in the corner.  :'(  ps, you have gyno.  ;D

HAHAHAAH classic!! ;D ;D

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2007, 08:31:03 AM »

2001 on left, 2007 on right

Guy use to have quite wide back in those days, but now? Where it have gone? Love that color, it make him look just like someone has use some blowtorch to him...Not a bad idea, after all...

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2007, 08:37:51 AM »
Disgusted is totally delusional saying KK looked as good as he looked in 2001 when he made a promising pro debut at the IronMan followed by the Arnold Classic 2 weeks later. The muscle fullness, detail, crispness, young & healthy & vibrant look to Kamali's 2001 muscles are gone.... gone forever. His body is beat up and it is over for him.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2007, 08:48:30 AM »
Jim, I've been around for a long time, damn near longer than anyone who has posted in this thread and you can take my advise for what it's worth..........he has looked better in the NY Pro than any other show in a while, but if you truly want to bring him back to his 2001 condition, you need to unravel everything that Chad did to King to fuck him up..........and again, for what it's worth, you need to tell this guy to take a COMPLETE year off from anykind of gear unless he's to the point of HRT and then start over again by keeping him lean all year and to quit the powerlifting bullshit and start working on his symmetry..........dammit, go back to old school volume training and take another year to prepare for the next qualifier..........gear won't change genetics or structure but it will put on muscle in all the wrong places if you don't train right.

Jim, I respect you more than just about anyone else on this board so please don't take offence to what I said. King wants to play the size game and he just doesn't have the structure for it and by thinking that he did, he sacrificed his symmetry, he'll never win or place high on size, but he absolutly has the structure to place high on symmetry and conditioning, he has as much mass as he'll ever need, he needs two complete years off to get it right..........he's young enough!

Joe, I absolutley agree with you. Reread my first post. King had NO intentions of competing this early. The plan was to wait a whole year and go into the Montreal again. King was certainly down in size since he had not lifted in 4 months. He was not eating much and although he was not fat he had little in the way of muscle tone. Certainly the worst case scenario I had to deal with. The only realistic goals that could possibley be reached was to bring him in as ripped as possible and hopefully get rid of the waist. I NEVER expected him to get any bigger while dieting down for this show although he did gain back some size that he already had to begin with. There was just no way to cram 6 months of off season mass building into 13 weeks of contest prep.  :'(

You also have to keep in mind that all the other photos on here are of King when he has had at least a solid year of prep work for a show. King trained straight for over a year for the NY Pro in 2006 an the Europa. I would feel confident in saying that no one else would have taken on King to train him given the circumstances that I had to deal with. Neither King nor I made any type of claims leading up to the show cause to be honest I was doubting whether I could get him into shape in time. I also agree with you regarding King playing the size game. At the same time there is plenty of room for him to grow and without him going back to such a blocky appearance.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2007, 08:54:08 AM »
Kamali should have never talk bad about Dorian's biceps. Obviously, Kamali's biceps are substandard. I don't care what improvements he still plans on making, this past weekend showed that he aint gonna get any gifts from the judges anytime soon
Get Big, or Die Trying

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2007, 08:56:25 AM »
Joe, I absolutley agree with you. Reread my first post. King had NO intentions of competing this early. The plan was to wait a whole year and go into the Montreal again. King was certainly down in size since he had not lifted in 4 months. He was not eating much and although he was not fat he had little in the way of muscle tone. Certainly the worst case scenario I had to deal with. The only realistic goals that could possibley be reached was to bring him in as ripped as possible and hopefully get rid of the waist. I NEVER expected him to get any bigger while dieting down for this show although he did gain back some size that he already had to begin with. There was just no way to cram 6 months of off season mass building into 13 weeks of contest prep.  :'(

You also have to keep in mind that all the other photos on here are of King when he has had at least a solid year of prep work for a show. King trained straight for over a year for the NY Pro in 2006 an the Europa. I would feel confident in saying that no one else would have taken on King to train him given the circumstances that I had to deal with. Neither King nor I made any type of claims leading up to the show cause to be honest I was doubting whether I could get him into shape in time. I also agree with you regarding King playing the size game. At the same time there is plenty of room for him to grow and without him going back to such a blocky appearance.

dude... kamali got it right in spring 2001... since then it is nothing but excuses... it was a one time hit for him and ever since then its a miss... he does not have the genetics to look like a real player. he maxed out in '01 and his genetics dont allow him to hold on to such a quality performance year after year.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2007, 10:26:54 AM »
Damn even at 290 his arms are barely 15 inches
L

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2007, 10:30:29 AM »
From his website:  ;D

13 weeks out from the New York Pro @ 290 pounds

Thanks Sean.  >:( ;D  King was 283 in that pic and full of water. Shame on King for exaggerating. Legs were still lagging behind. To be honest Sean if his waist wasn't so big at that time he could have come in about 8 to 10 pounds heavier, but I chose to bring him in lighter so as to have a smaller waist. Bringing him in with a big waist at the NY Pro and Europa certainly didn't get him looked at anymore than this year.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
Disgusted,

Maybe next time you should reconsider being the captain of the Titanic after it hits the iceberg. If ya know what I mean. You can lead a horse to water but weather or not Beserk Fury drinks is not in your hands.

L

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2007, 10:42:19 AM »
You're right, though, he did get 6th last year at the NY Pro as opposed to 9th. I can almost assure he would've been 5th if he hadn't started knocking all the little guys around that day.  :D

And 11th at the Europa when he was even bigger.  ;)

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2007, 10:43:16 AM »
i dont know why people are giving king so much shit ... everyone uses synthol in pro bb

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2007, 10:45:03 AM »

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2007, 10:52:12 AM »
And 11th at the Europa when he was even bigger.  ;)

please just say "Joe is the best" and then we can be rid of this mayhem troll once again. Thank you in advance.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2007, 11:00:19 AM »
That was his choice not to dry out.  ;)

Whatever.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2007, 11:07:12 AM »

Tamali's arms started looking fishy while he was working w Joe . . .

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2007, 11:16:30 AM »
So what if Kamali finally matched his 2001 condition....the rest of the lineup has long since surpassed that condition.   He took 4th at the Arnold with that condition and this time around he took 9th at a lesser show.

(long, drawn out, sarcastic slow clapping)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »
 It seems to me that while his waist might have been tighter than last year, his calves are obnoxiously small, his arms are small & lumpy, his quad sweep is nonexistant and his ever-growing obliques are visible even from the back!

So was Palumboism cured or not!?
w

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »
Imo King should not compete for a min of a yr.... he should have waited till sept like disgusted had suggested. He needs a much nedded offseason to build some lacking mass. As far as conditioning, i think its the best hes looked in quite some time. And  YES! i would say he has come along way since Palumbosim. now its training thats gonna make him better if he wants to remain a force in the game. New faces are popping up every month and competition is getting tougher and tougher.
-

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2007, 11:32:27 AM »
It seems to me that while his waist might have been tighter than last year, his calves are obnoxiously small, his arms are small & lumpy, his quad sweep is nonexistant and his ever-growing obliques are visible even from the back!

So was Palumboism cured or not!?

Kamali looks better when he's heavier and more filled out.....his contest physique just flatout sucks.   He should stick to personal training and selling used undies to Bluto.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2007, 11:38:38 AM »
So what if Kamali finally matched his 2001 condition....the rest of the lineup has long since surpassed that condition.   He took 4th at the Arnold with that condition and this time around he took 9th at a lesser show.

I agree, that is why he and I are totally happy with his condition given the amount of time we had. I said the same thing to a friend of mine. King's 2001 conition was awesome, but the mass monsters are what the judges are looking for so I doubt he would have placed any higher regardless wether he looked better in 2001 or not. It would have been a big mistake to come in bigger with a huge gut and subpar conditioning.