Author Topic: King's Triumphant Return!  (Read 27399 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: King's Triumphant Return!
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »
I agree, that is why he and I are totally happy with his condition given the amount of time we had. I said the same thing to a friend of mine. King's 2001 conition was awesome, but the mass monsters are what the judges are looking for so I doubt he would have placed any higher regardless wether he looked better in 2001 or not. It would have been a big mistake to come in bigger with a huge gut and subpar conditioning.

The difference in muscle shape and fullness between a fully depleted contest ready Kamali and a "few weeks out" Kamali is night and day.  Honestly, would coming in a bit heavier, fuller and not quite as sharp really be a bad move?   

eliscominblue

• Getbig II
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2007, 12:45:41 PM »
WTF...Kamali isn't even worth the time we're spending posting on this thread.  Who likes this guy?  He's an average guy with an average physique.  He used to look o.k., but this is a "what have you done for me lately" industry.  Now his proportions are awful.  I think the best he ever looked was here:

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2007, 12:47:29 PM »
The difference in muscle shape and fullness between a fully depleted contest ready Kamali and a "few weeks out" Kamali is night and day.  Honestly, would coming in a bit heavier, fuller and not quite as sharp really be a bad move?   

No, but in this case at this show and with what I had to work with yes! Ten pounds heavier, but with a bigger gut would not be any better. Remember, weighing more does not mean that you are actually bigger. King will probabley weigh about 25 pounds heavier a few weeks from now, but that does not mean it is muscle. Long term real muscle growth takes time. We were barley into a month of offseason mass building when he had to enter this show.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2007, 12:49:13 PM »
WTF...Kamali isn't even worth the time we're spending posting on this thread.  Who likes this guy?  He's an average guy with an average physique.  He used to look o.k., but this is a "what have you done for me lately" industry.  Now his proportions are awful.  I think the best he ever looked was here:

Clear signs of synthol in his chest.  :o ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2007, 01:12:51 PM »
7 PAGES of this...............botto m line is "Disgusted" did a great fucking job with king!
(i would hire him for my prep anyday)

King is looking better and better since working with Disgusted

maybe don't let him blow up this off-season

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2007, 01:16:15 PM »
7 PAGES of this...............botto m line is "Disgusted" did a great fucking job with king!
(i would hire him for my prep anyday)

King is looking better and better since working with Disgusted

maybe don't let him blow up this off-season

Thanks Mike. Those days are gone, I hope.  ;D

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2007, 03:48:32 PM »
One more.  ;D

Worst....calves....ever.
$

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2007, 04:07:11 PM »
what  it with these guys that lose muscle, mass, thigh-sweep, get wider waists?? is it drug abuse or what?

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2007, 05:17:18 PM »
after King's poor showing you are officially the biggest bullshitter on this site and that's the truth, even in the "better" shots that you posted King shows a total lack of arm size and total lack of any quad sweep whatsoever.
wow we actually agree on something never thought I'd say that.
Disgusted is making a fool out of himself by trying to convince us KK is in better shape than 2001.
He's even pretending not to know what MALONEY meant when he mentioned the heavy training, as he mentioned on here (disgusted) that part of his plan to change kk was to increase his volume and reps and lower the weights.
KK needs to lose 20-25 lbs offa that waist and like mr intenseone said he's gonna have to shed a lot of weight unfortunately he can't do that his ego is too small.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2007, 05:22:14 PM »
King is done.

Even if he could somehow bring back this amazing 2001 physique everyone talks about he's still looking at 5th or 6th place at most 2nd tier shows.

Too many new guys have come along and are already better than King will ever be.

He will always be remembered as a clown who could never back up his big mouth.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2007, 05:25:01 PM »
If anything, Kamali has regressed since 2001. His quads, calves and arms are smaller, his waist, midsection and face have all been messed up by GH..

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2007, 05:27:59 PM »
wow we actually agree on something never thought I'd say that.
Disgusted is making a fool out of himself by trying to convince us KK is in better shape than 2001.
He's even pretending not to know what MALONEY meant when he mentioned the heavy training, as he mentioned on here (disgusted) that part of his plan to change kk was to increase his volume and reps and lower the weights.
KK needs to lose 20-25 lbs offa that waist and like mr intenseone said he's gonna have to shed a lot of weight unfortunately he can't do that his ego is too small.

Hi Joe  ;)

Stavios

« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2007, 05:35:32 PM »
I agree that it would certainly do good if he took a year OFF everything

but you guys have to keep in mind that he would lose his sponsors if he does that

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2007, 05:45:57 PM »
Kamali should just relax and retire.  Why put yourself thru this???  you had your day and now its gone.

....Announce retirement without excuses so its classy.  Admit the sport has gone to a new level and wish the new guys luck. 8)

Stavios

« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2007, 05:48:10 PM »
Kamali should just relax and retire.  Why put yourself thru this???  you had your day and now its gone.

....Announce retirement without excuses so its classy.  Admit the sport has gone to a new level and wish the new guys luck. 8)

if he likes to compete, why stop ?

hell I compete, I know I'll never be a top national competitor but I still do it cause I love it

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2007, 05:56:36 PM »
King is 5'9 and 1/2.

I think he did look good at the show...I think a Mr. Olympia qualification is quite possible at some point in the future.  When all is said and done he is still #29 in the world, which is pretty respectable when you think about it.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »
Hi Joe  ;)

LOL........it's not me, I'm not smart enough to pull off a gimmik :D!!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2007, 06:19:26 PM »
since when is 9th place a triumph?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »
any confirmation/denial to the synthol accusations yet?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2007, 06:43:51 PM »
LOL........it's not me, I'm not smart enough to pull off a gimmik :D!!

NO bro, I meant Joe McNeil. Sorry I didn't clarify.  :P

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2007, 06:49:15 PM »
NO bro, I meant Joe McNeil. Sorry I didn't clarify.  :P

Dexter said the reason Kamali looked like shit when he trained with Joe was because he didnt listen to Joe and ate everyone and everything.  Can enlighten us on this topic Disgusted?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2007, 06:50:52 PM »
Jim knows his stuff and the greatest testament to this was what he did with King from the Europa to the Montreal show. I wouldn't call the NY PRO a "triumphant return" but he did what he could, that's clear.

What's next on the King Nationwide Tour?

Elevate Your Image.™

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2007, 07:27:13 PM »
Jim knows his stuff and the greatest testament to this was what he did with King from the Europa to the Montreal show. I wouldn't call the NY PRO a "triumphant return" but he did what he could, that's clear.

What's next on the King Nationwide Tour?

Thanks bro, yep did what I could. King suffered for this one for sure. Don't know what is next to be honest. King is in toronto at a photshoot till Thurs. so maybe will know soon.  :)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2007, 07:28:51 PM »
Dexter said the reason Kamali looked like shit when he trained with Joe was because he didnt listen to Joe and ate everyone and everything.  Can enlighten us on this topic Disgusted?

So Dexter really said this? Not calling you a liar bro but I could call Dexter and find out, but why don't you be a little more specific as to how you know he said this.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2007, 07:44:49 PM »
So finishing 9th in a show you finished 6th in last year is a triumphant return?

Must be that new math everyone's always talking about.