Author Topic: Why is it.....  (Read 1206 times)

Craw 2

• Getbig I
Why is it.....
« on: May 14, 2007, 07:50:05 PM »
That wrestlers can learn submissions, and how to punch, ect, ect.  But a boxer could never learn takedown defense, or how to sprawl.  Every conversation here goes like oh so and so was a D1 wrestler and he would do this and that.  And the boxer would just try and box and would never try to learn any other skills and would just stand still infront of the mma god in fear and get tackled and GNP in 30 sec?

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Why is it.....
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 08:01:44 PM »
learngin how to box takes about 6 months of solid instruction, after which point its a matter of repetition ... learning how to wrestle (weather standing or on the ground) takes years

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:00:45 AM »
learngin how to box takes about 6 months of solid instruction,

NO.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 08:12:04 PM »
Boxers learn to fight in a particular stance for instance. It is difficult from them to learn the much different ring dynamics of mixed martial arts. As yoda might say(I am paraphrasing) "you must unlearn what you have learned"  That my friend is very difficult.
A

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 12:49:56 AM »
Boxers learn to fight in a particular stance for instance. It is difficult from them to learn the much different ring dynamics of mixed martial arts. As yoda might say(I am paraphrasing) "you must unlearn what you have learned"  That my friend is very difficult.

You and Jimmy are wrong. A good athlete is a good athlete no matter what the sport. Sprawling and defence could be learned rather quickly. Submissions would take a while though.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 06:42:45 PM »
i dunno i wrestled in college and Ive recently got into striking and I'm like a fish out of water, my stance is opposite, i hate getting punched in the face and all i want to do is a take down. its only been about 4 months and still getting used to getting jabbed in the nose. if i ever compete i will def be about the ground and pound. i suck at boxing.