Author Topic: A great movie called Montenegro  (Read 2549 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
A great movie called Montenegro
« on: May 15, 2007, 04:06:54 PM »

features a song sung by Marianne Faithfull, called "the ballad of lucy jordan"  . . . you'll never guess who wrote the lyrics.  y'all should watch the movie sometime . . . it's in English, even though it's a "foreign film."

or at least download the song from iTunes . . .  or steal it from somewhere.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Re: A great movie called Montenegro
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 04:43:39 PM »
For you...

It is a great flick. Thought it was Marianne Faithful who wrote the lyrics.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 05:14:24 PM »
haha . . . most people don't know he wrote "a boy named Sue" too . . .

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 05:28:45 PM »

Deedee, I'll be forever in your debt if you can find me a high resolution picture of Susan Anspach barefoot in the snow while wearing a $100,000 lynx coat and links of sausage around her lovely neck.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 06:26:45 PM »
Deedee, I'll be forever in your debt if you can find me a high resolution picture of Susan Anspach barefoot in the snow while wearing a $100,000 lynx coat and links of sausage around her lovely neck.

Is that an attainable challenge, or did you make that up in one of your vivid dreams?  :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 06:32:57 PM »
Shel Silverstein????  The Unicorn Song author?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 07:09:24 PM »
Is that an attainable challenge, or did you make that up in one of your vivid dreams?  :)

it's a scene from montenegro . . . it's after they've delivered the friendly gentleman w the knife sticking out of his forehead to the hospital. I think it's time for you to put montenegro on your netflix queue. 

susan anspach  . . .  so beautiful in five easy pieces too . . . she had a kid w jack nicholson, thanks to that movie.

yup, shel silverstein = a man of many talents.

also, can you imagine someone as beautiful, talented (and blue-blooded) as marianne faithfull living in a dive . . . ? it happened, that woman's been through hell backwards, mostly b/c of her association w a devil named jagger.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 07:14:47 AM »
I haven't seen that flick in many years...many... I don't remember that scene at all.  Maybe I should put it in the netflix queue.

Marianne Faithful was a product of the '60s, so yes, I think it's believable.  This is one of my fav Marianne Faithful songs.  It reminds me of the way she lived her life, just a little. (You seem to be having a '60s moment yourself.  :))

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »
I haven't seen that flick in many years...many... I don't remember that scene at all.  Maybe I should put it in the netflix queue.

Marianne Faithful was a product of the '60s, so yes, I think it's believable.  This is one of my fav Marianne Faithful songs.  It reminds me of the way she lived her life, just a little. (You seem to be having a '60s moment yourself.  :))

i'm actually having a 70s moment . . . i've been listening to abba lately.  Put the movie in the queue . . .

see anything good lately? I've been out of circulation for a while, and I need to catch up. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 03:45:11 PM »
i'm actually having a 70s moment . . . i've been listening to abba lately.  Put the movie in the queue . . .

see anything good lately? I've been out of circulation for a while, and I need to catch up. 

Been roughing it in Borneo, knifing wild pigs lately?  :D

Abba, hmmmm...

The Queen, Aldomovar's the Volver... can't think of much.  Pan's Labyrinth is amazing, and also loved Cache... I know you can manage hearing the French.  ;)  I've kind of been off movies lately, myself. But this is a good place to find the ones you might want to see.

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/cache?q=cache

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 07:27:25 PM »
Been roughing it in Borneo, knifing wild pigs lately?  :D

Abba, hmmmm...

The Queen, Aldomovar's the Volver... can't think of much.  Pan's Labyrinth is amazing, and also loved Cache... I know you can manage hearing the French.  ;)  I've kind of been off movies lately, myself. But this is a good place to find the ones you might want to see.

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/cache?q=cache

no roughing it for me lately . . . your post made me think about the last time I actually did something like that, and it was six years ago . . . kinda sad the way time speeds by while you're chasing the brass ring.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 09:35:49 AM »
no roughing it for me lately . . . your post made me think about the last time I actually did something like that, and it was six years ago . . . kinda sad the way time speeds by while you're chasing the brass ring.

You make it sound as though you're one of the ancients.  :'(  I'm sure there's plenty of conquering left to do.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 10:24:17 AM »
features a song sung by Marianne Faithfull, called "the ballad of lucy jordan"  . . . you'll never guess who wrote the lyrics.  y'all should watch the movie sometime . . . it's in English, even though it's a "foreign film."

or at least download the song from iTunes . . .  or steal it from somewhere.

Download the entire album:  Broken English.  You can get it on LimeWire or Napster
My fave track is Why'd Ya Do It

oh yeah, by the way I wasn't 37 that year and I've never been to Paris.
xL

about the movie: