Author Topic: AMARE STOUDEMIRE'S 1 GAME SUSPENSION IS BULLSHIT!!!!  (Read 5083 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
AMARE STOUDEMIRE'S 1 GAME SUSPENSION IS BULLSHIT!!!!
« on: May 15, 2007, 05:41:53 PM »
The guy did nothing to further instigate the pushing and shoving that took place after Horry's cheap shot on Nash. I know rules are rules but I think the NBA dropped the ball on this one with this big name suspension.

The Suns pulled out a must win on the Spurs' home floor in game 4, one with which they would have not have won if not for Amare's big game performance. And now they enter game 5 without him along with Diaw. All the Spurs lose is 37 year old Robery Horry.

Sucks for the Suns because that last win put them back in front by regaining home court advantage for the rest of the series.

body88

Re: AMARE STOUDEMIRE'S 1 GAME SUSPENSION IS BULLSHIT!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 05:47:50 PM »
Yes, yes it is. Pretty obvious the kinda game the spurs are playing. Just blatently pound Nash until someone makes a wrong move and gets suspended. Horry for Stoudemire sounds like a pretty good trade to me. Not like the spurs wanted something like that to happen or anything.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »
Yes, yes it is. Pretty obvious the kinda game the spurs are playing. Just blatently pound Nash until someone makes a wrong move and gets suspended. Horry for Stoudemire sounds like a pretty good trade to me. Not like the spurs wanted something like that to happen or anything.

I have to think that the advantage goes back to the Spurs in a big way. But the Suns will be at home for game 5. Some guys will really have to step up and maybe play some extended minutes. Especially Shawn Marion. I guarantee that he scores at least 25+ and pulls down 15 boards.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 10:34:49 AM »
I have no sympathy for him.  The rule is pretty clear:  leave the bench during an altercation, automatic one game suspension.  Whether that rule is workable, fair, etc. is really irrelevant to whether or not he should have been suspended, because every player in the NBA is aware of the rule.   

And the Horry foul wasn't that bad at all IMO.  Nash acted out like a little sissy. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 10:42:59 AM »
I have no sympathy for him.  The rule is pretty clear:  leave the bench during an altercation, automatic one game suspension.  Whether that rule is workable, fair, etc. is really irrelevant to whether or not he should have been suspended, because every player in the NBA is aware of the rule.   

And the Horry foul wasn't that bad at all IMO.  Nash acted out like a little sissy. 

What game were you watching, dude? That was a hockey check Horry put on Nash. He did it out of frustration because his team simply gave the game away at the end. He could have hurt Nash, plain and simple. You can't blame the Suns bench for reacting the way they did.

Fuck the rule. When you belong to a team, your first instinct is to come to the defense of a teammate who took a classless cheap shot. Jawing back and forth is one thing but when you intentionally try to injure a star player on another team....well, there has to be an exception to the rule in this case. Blame the assistant coaches for not properly containing their players once the melee broke out. Don't blame Nash's teammates for coming to the defense of the most valuable player on the team who was on the receiving end of classless cheap shot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 10:52:35 AM »
What game were you watching, dude? That was a hockey check Horry put on Nash. He did it out of frustration because his team simply gave the game away at the end. He could have hurt Nash, plain and simple. You can't blame the Suns bench for reacting the way they did.

Fuck the rule. When you belong to a team, your first instinct is to come to the defense of a teammate who took a classless cheap shot. Jawing back and forth is one thing but when you intentionally try to injure a star player on another team....well, there has to be an exception to the rule in this case. Blame the assistant coaches for not properly containing their players once the melee broke out. Don't blame Nash's teammates for coming to the defense of the most valuable player on the team who was on the receiving end of classless cheap shot.

The only things that made the Horry foul appear worse than it was were (a) Nash hit the scorer's table and (b) Nash flailed his arms out after he hit the floor like a little sissy to try and exaggerate how hard the foul really was.  It wasn't that bad.  I think there were a number of harder fouls in that same game.   

You may not like the rule, and maybe it needs to be changed, but it's still the rule.  And they all know about it. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 11:10:44 AM »
You're right. it sucks though. >:(

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 05:27:47 PM »

oh give it a rest beach bum. just because the suns smashed kobe and lakers......

all horry had to do was grab him and foul him. instead he drops his shoulder/forearm into him. this ain't hockey. guys are not expecting to be hit like that in that situation. it could have been ugly for nash.
Go Big Red!!!

body88

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 05:39:19 PM »
Reasons the suns have to be pissed off ( imo)

Bowen - Kick to Stoudemire's achilles.

Bowen - Knee to Nash in the balls (the clearing excuse is lame)

Horry - Checks Nash into Boards.  Stoudemire and Boris Diaw suspended for walking to far from the bench when they see there team leader get launched for no reason. I think the spurs where mighty happy to trade Horry for Stoudemire and Diaw when they have to face the suns in Phoenix tonight. One could say they where gunning for Nash so something like this would happen. I dont see the suns playing ball that would warrent retaliation. If there is a beef coming from the suns and there fans I can see why.I agree the foul was not catostrofic, but there was really no need for it. Other then to start something.

Rules are rules tho. Amare and Boris should have stayed close to the bench. It is not fair, but those are the rules.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 05:44:08 PM »
oh give it a rest beach bum. just because the suns smashed kobe and lakers......

all horry had to do was grab him and foul him. instead he drops his shoulder/forearm into him. this ain't hockey. guys are not expecting to be hit like that in that situation. it could have been ugly for nash.

Who me?  I'm not bitter over the Lakers getting smashed by the Suns.   :'(

No question it was a flagrant, but it wasn't that bad.  I've seen much worse.  

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 07:46:29 PM »
Who me?  I'm not bitter over the Lakers getting smashed by the Suns.   :'(

No question it was a flagrant, but it wasn't that bad.  I've seen much worse.  

yes we've all seen much worse, but it was totally unnecessary. it wasn't like nash was driving to the hoop and horry layed the wood to him. they just showed the replay again. it was such a cheap play.
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 07:57:59 PM »
yes we've all seen much worse, but it was totally unnecessary. it wasn't like nash was driving to the hoop and horry layed the wood to him. they just showed the replay again. it was such a cheap play.

Oh phooey.  I've tackled my kids (and they've tackled me) much harder than that.  :)  Basketball is a contact sport.  Horry's foul was no worse than what Barron Davis did to Derrick Fisher in game 5 (elbow to the head).   

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 08:41:24 PM »
the nba needs to come out and say from now on they are going to look at this on a case by case basis.

the league office can review the tapes and determine if there is any intent.

they can make it a mandatory fine but a mandatory suspension is stupid. 

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 01:46:38 AM »
The only things that made the Horry foul appear worse than it was were (a) Nash hit the scorer's table and (b) Nash flailed his arms out after he hit the floor like a little sissy to try and exaggerate how hard the foul really was.  It wasn't that bad.  I think there were a number of harder fouls in that same game.   

You may not like the rule, and maybe it needs to be changed, but it's still the rule.  And they all know about it. 
"like a sissy"? You're still mad cause the suns schooled the lakers?

Nash has taken a lot of hits and keeps playing like a warrior every time. This isn't american football, if you get hit like that of course you're gonna be surprised. Of course it wasn't a deadly hit, but it was a very dirty one none the less. Shows a total lack of sportmanship. Would have been different if nash was taking the ball to the ring, but at that place you don't make a foul like that.
$

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 08:39:14 AM »
The guy did nothing to further instigate the pushing and shoving that took place after Horry's cheap shot on Nash. I know rules are rules but I think the NBA dropped the ball on this one with this big name suspension.

The Suns pulled out a must win on the Spurs' home floor in game 4, one with which they would have not have won if not for Amare's big game performance. And now they enter game 5 without him along with Diaw. All the Spurs lose is 37 year old Robery Horry.

Sucks for the Suns because that last win put them back in front by regaining home court advantage for the rest of the series.

AHAAHHHAAHAHAH!!!!   The Suns lost last night.....I laughed.    Yeah, they get their horse Amare (and Diaw) back on Friday, but the Spurs already won games 1 & 3 against a full Suns lineup.....Game 6 will be rough in SA!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 09:00:55 AM »
"like a sissy"? You're still mad cause the suns schooled the lakers?

Nash has taken a lot of hits and keeps playing like a warrior every time. This isn't american football, if you get hit like that of course you're gonna be surprised. Of course it wasn't a deadly hit, but it was a very dirty one none the less. Shows a total lack of sportmanship. Would have been different if nash was taking the ball to the ring, but at that place you don't make a foul like that.

No I'm not mad because the Suns beat my Lakers.  With three all stars and the NBA's best sixth man, they should have actually swept the Lakers, who simply weren't that good. 

But that has nothing to do with Nash.  He is a great point guard.  He is also a flopper.  He acts out like a little girl when he gets fouled.  This is playoff basketball.  Hard fouls are a part of the game.  The foul on Moore in the Cavs/Nets game yesterday was worse than the Horry/Nash foul.  This one is a yawner. 

And yes Horry deserved a flagrant. 

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 03:28:50 PM »
AHAAHHHAAHAHAH!!!!   The Suns lost last night.....I laughed.    Yeah, they get their horse Amare (and Diaw) back on Friday, but the Spurs already won games 1 & 3 against a full Suns lineup.....Game 6 will be rough in SA!

It was a fantastic game last night, I thought the Spurs were done midway through the 2nd quarter. If I was a Suns fan, I would be mega pissed as I'm sure the Suns would have won if Stoudemire had played. Having said that, Stoudemire or no Stoudemire, that was still a great comeback on their home floor. I can't wait for tomorrow's game ;D.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 10:20:51 PM »
The rule is pretty clear:  leave the bench during an altercation, automatic one game suspension. 

Unless your name is Tim Duncan.

At the MOMENT Amare left the bench, there had been no 'altercation'.

So, both Stern and Jackson are lying sacks of shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 10:29:53 PM »
Unless your name is Tim Duncan.

At the MOMENT Amare left the bench, there had been no 'altercation'.

So, both Stern and Jackson are lying sacks of shit.

Yes there was.  Bell pushed Horry and Horry threw a punch or elbow at Bell.  That's why Horry was suspended for two games.  One game for the Nash foul and one game for hitting Bell. 

And Stoudamire/Diaw ran about 20 feet from the bench onto the court.  That's what we call a mental error.   :) 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 11:42:07 PM »

I'll need to see the replay, but I thought he stood up as soon as he saw the hip-check.

Either way, Stern and Jackson are liars.