Author Topic: Joint Supplements  (Read 1180 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Joint Supplements
« on: May 16, 2007, 05:53:22 AM »
I am looking into trying a new joint supplement for Emmett, Joint Max TS

http://www.petvetdirect.com/home.asp?display=full&cid=0&itemid=PHSJMTSS120&itemname=Joint+Max+TS+Triple+Strength+120+SOFT+CHEWS

The soft chews, but he would probably eat the chew tablets which are little cheaper. 

I give him (and all the dogs) fish oil capsules every day, Emmett get about 14 a day, split into about 7 or so each meal. 

He tore a tendon at 4mos of age and had surgery at 6 months.  He is going to be 6 years old and that leg is getting wobbly.

What's anybody use, like, dislike, suggestions, etc?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Joint Supplements
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:10:52 PM »
I always gave Keesha glucosamine/chondroitin - the same stuff I take (I take 3 and she'd get one).  I'd just pulverize them and put it in her food.  She had arthritis, but didn't act like it and lived to be 19.   It's basically tasteless/odorless anyway.  No need to spend the extra $$$ for something marketed for pets when it's the same thing.
:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Joint Supplements
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 01:15:20 PM »
It's just getting it in him.   If I sprinkle it on his food he won't eat it.(and to be honest I don't want to crush all those pills up and then hope he will still eat his food or not leave some in the bottom of the bowl and waste them.)  I give him the Liquid K9 right now, I just pour it in his mouth.  I figured chews he would just eat and I wouldn't have to get pills in him.