Author Topic: THE SUNS ORGANIZATION IS A BUNCH OF SOFT PUSSIES  (Read 5016 times)

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
Re: THE SUNS ORGANIZATION IS A BUNCH OF SOFT PUSSIES
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 10:28:31 PM »
No.  Horry has won six championships with three different teams and played an integral part with each team.  If you had to name the best clutch shooters in NBA history, in both the regular season and particularly the playoffs, he's right near the top of the list.  That's his ticket.   

he just doesn't have the stats. he doesn't even average 10 ppg over his career.
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 10:59:19 PM »
he just doesn't have the stats. he doesn't even average 10 ppg over his career.

I hear you.  But rings trump stats.  See Swann, L.   :)  I think he has filled up the stat sheet for his entire career, played very good defense, and his clutch shooting is among the best in history.  He's unique.  Sort of like Rodman.  All Rodman did was play defense and was pound for pound one of the best rebounders in NBA history.  He probably averaged less than 10 points per game too.  But he won championships.  He ought to get in as well, although his off-the-court craziness may hurt him. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 04:33:08 PM »
I'm a Laker fan, so I absolutely love him.  :)  He is just money in crunch time.  He's a shoe-in Hall of Famer.   

No way... Stats are important.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 04:49:33 PM »
No way... Stats are important.

Yes they are, with the most important stat being the number of championship rings. 

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 04:56:57 PM »
Yes they are, with the most important stat being the number of championship rings. 

i can see the point you're trying to make, but i think it's pretty weak. Horry was not the reason those teams won the titles they did. he may have made a handful of clutch shots over his career, but check out his stats year by year. he didn't play starters minutes. he didn't rebound. he was probably what you would say a 'better than average defender', but he wasn't the guy the ball was going through down the stretch.

comparing him to rodman is an insult to dennis. rodman was a rebounding machine. did all the little things that his team needed him to do. horry was a role player. aside from the game winning shots he made you could put any number of players in his role and there would not be much of a drop off.

the last shot isn't the only shot that matters when it comes down to winning games. horry wasn't the guy the team was running the offence through in the last 2 minutes of games. he was always the 3rd or 4th option. no way does he deserve to be in the hall of fame.

solid career: yes. hall of fame career: no way in hell.
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007, 05:15:17 PM »
i can see the point you're trying to make, but i think it's pretty weak. Horry was not the reason those teams won the titles they did. he may have made a handful of clutch shots over his career, but check out his stats year by year. he didn't play starters minutes. he didn't rebound. he was probably what you would say a 'better than average defender', but he wasn't the guy the ball was going through down the stretch.

comparing him to rodman is an insult to dennis. rodman was a rebounding machine. did all the little things that his team needed him to do. horry was a role player. aside from the game winning shots he made you could put any number of players in his role and there would not be much of a drop off.

the last shot isn't the only shot that matters when it comes down to winning games. horry wasn't the guy the team was running the offence through in the last 2 minutes of games. he was always the 3rd or 4th option. no way does he deserve to be in the hall of fame.

solid career: yes. hall of fame career: no way in hell.

We'll see.  He is one of the all-time best three point shooters in NBA playoffs and finals history:

5. Robert Horry

As the first active player on this list, Horry has firmly established his legacy as one of the greatest playoff performers of all-time. Throughout his career, Horry has always cruised through the regular season (7.5 points per game and 5.0 rebounds per game in his career) only to transform into the aptly named, “Big Shot Rob,” once the postseason party begins. Horry is one of only two players in league history to win championship rings with three different teams (joining John Salley) and has played an integral part in helping each team to their respective titles. Horry won two consecutive titles with the Houston Rockets in 1994 and 1995, and set an individual, NBA Finals record with five 3-pointers in one quarter. Horry also won three consecutive titles with the Los Angeles Lakers. Horry is also second on the all-time list of three-pointers made in the playoffs, behind only Reggie Miller. He also holds the record for most three pointers made in the NBA Finals history. A member of the perennially contending San Antonio Spurs, it also looks like Horry will have at least two or three more opportunities to add to his championship hardware.

http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/NBA_greatest_postseason_performers-2152.aspx

He has done what only a handful of players in NBA history have done. 

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2007, 09:48:08 PM »

He can thank Shaq, Kobe, Tim Duncan, and Hakeem for those rings....

Shawn Sillinger of Betus.com????? weak!!!!

So Horry had one hot quarter where he hit 5 threes? wow. tell him to get his speach ready.  ::)
Go Big Red!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »
check out his playoff stats. he doesn't even average 10ppg in the playoffs either.

36.3% from 3 point range. not bad. not hall of fame. not even all star.

http://www.databasebasketball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=HorryRo01

Go Big Red!!!

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007, 10:07:23 PM »

http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/NBA_greatest_postseason_performers-2152.aspx

Robert is awesome and I love him as a player but it's a bit of a stretch to say he's HOF material, having said that, he is totally unique in that no one with such small stats has had such an impact on his teams success in the playoffs. As for that list, no doubt about it, he is one of the great clutch shooters in NBA history but to have him above Larry, Isiah and Jerry West ?. That's ridiculous. Go to the bottom of the page of the link below to check out Robert's HOF probability :

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/horryro01.html

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 10:17:28 PM »
Say what you will, guys but................

Spurs lose Horry while the suns lose Stoudemire and Diaw for a critical game 5?

Nicely done Spurs Stern!

Fixed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 10:23:54 PM »
He can thank Shaq, Kobe, Tim Duncan, and Hakeem for those rings....

Shawn Sillinger of Betus.com????? weak!!!!

So Horry had one hot quarter where he hit 5 threes? wow. tell him to get his speach ready.  ::)

They can thank Horry: 

"Horry won two consecutive titles with the Houston Rockets in 1994 and 1995, and set an individual, NBA Finals record with five 3-pointers in one quarter. Horry also won three consecutive titles with the Los Angeles Lakers. Horry is also second on the all-time list of three-pointers made in the playoffs, behind only Reggie Miller. He also holds the record for most three pointers made in the NBA Finals history."

That's why I quoted the article.  I have no clue who Shawn Sillinger is.  I was just highlighting the stats. 

I've watched enough Laker games to know Horry wasn't just along for the ride, like John Sally.  For example, I saw him hit a game-winning shot against Sacramento and game-winning shot against Portland, both of which led to championships for the Lakers.  He has been doing it his entire career. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 10:26:54 PM »
Robert is awesome and I love him as a player but it's a bit of a stretch to say he's HOF material, having said that, he is totally unique in that no one with such small stats has had such an impact on his teams success in the playoffs. As for that list, no doubt about it, he is one of the great clutch shooters in NBA history but to have him above Larry, Isiah and Jerry West ?. That's ridiculous. Go to the bottom of the page of the link below to check out Robert's HOF probability :

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/horryro01.html

SERGIO!!!!

Perhaps.  It's debatable.  I've been watching the NBA my entire life and I haven't seen more than a handful of players better in the clutch than Horry.  I don't think the HOF is simply a numbers game either.  It has been shown repeatedly in multiple sports that guys who win rings have a decided advantage over guys who don't.  That explains why Lynn Swann and that crackhead Michael Irvin are in the HOF and Andre Reed and Art Monk are not. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 01:44:20 PM »
Horry deserves it no doubt whatsoever.

his numbers may be low but a player should be judged on the Impact he had in big games. he may have only average 10 points and 7 rebounds, but those 10 points were on back-breaking 3's and game-saving tip-ins. the boards were probably all in the 4th quarter on huge offensive rebounds. he is one of the smartest players ive ever seen, never makes mistakes, can play any position or defend anyone, and his knack for doing all the INTANGIBLES at just the right time is something ive never seen before in any sport.

this guys has single-handedly affected the outcomes of huge games far, far beyond what his numbers show.
he should deserve to get in for his performance in game 5 of the '05 finals alone, where he turned in the greatest clutch performance in NBA history and saved the series and the championship for his team.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 01:53:26 PM »
Okay. Once and for all.

Stats are important. Horry doesn't have them. The NBA hall of fame is just as about stats as it is championships. Name one player in the hall of fame that has stats comparable to Horry.

Let me see how this sounds....Petit, Cousy, Bird, Jordan, Magic, Barkley, Robertson, Horry. Give me a fucking break. This is a stupid debate. Please stop.

Horry will not be in the Hall of fame. I'm willing to wager my right testicle on it. I only need one anyway.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 02:25:31 PM »
Okay. Once and for all.

Stats are important. Horry doesn't have them. The NBA hall of fame is just as about stats as it is championships. Name one player in the hall of fame that has stats comparable to Horry.

Let me see how this sounds....Petit, Cousy, Bird, Jordan, Magic, Barkley, Robertson, Horry. Give me a fucking break. This is a stupid debate. Please stop.

Horry will not be in the Hall of fame. I'm willing to wager my right testicle on it. I only need one anyway.

Name one player?  Drazen Petrovic. 

How does this sound . . . Petrovic, Bailey Howell, Horry.  Horry obviously isn't Bird, Jordan, or Magic, but if you want to make a case for a guy getting into the HOF with limited stats, you need look no further than Petrovic.  He played four seasons in the NBA. 

Horry has played 15.  Someone told me the other day that Horry is second only to Bill Russell in number of playoff games played.  When you put that together with his rings, his huge game winners in the regular season and in the playoffs, and the fact "Horry is also second on the all-time list of three-pointers made in the playoffs, behind only Reggie Miller," I think he has a strong case.  "He also holds the record for most three pointers made in the NBA Finals history." 

Not a stupid debate at all. 

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2007, 03:54:49 PM »

Arggh, I wouldn't make a legitimate bet with anyone if I were you :(. I don't mean to be disrespectful to Robert and it's purely hypothetical of course but if he were to pass away in tragic circumstances like Drazen did, especially at a youngish age, he would probably be given a HOF nod.

SERGIO!!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 04:07:10 PM »
Arggh, I wouldn't make a legitimate bet with anyone if I were you :(. I don't mean to be disrespectful to Robert and it's purely hypothetical of course but if he were to pass away in tragic circumstances like Drazen did, especially at a youngish age, he would probably be given a HOF nod.

SERGIO!!!!

I hear you Sergio. But let's just say that I'd be willing to make the bet based on Horry's qualifications on merit alone, not because of a premature death.

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »
I hear you Sergio. But let's just say that I'd be willing to make the bet based on Horry's qualifications on merit alone, not because of a premature death.

In that case, you should be safe :).

SERGIO!!!!