« on: May 18, 2007, 05:13:04 AM »

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: .
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 08:51:48 AM »
LOVE YA RUDE BABY!!!   :-*

Is that The Rock?  I went to college with him.   8)
:)

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 10:47:33 AM »
LOVE YA RUDE BABY!!!   :-*

Is that The Rock?  I went to college with him.   8)

Rip, you went to The U?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 10:51:20 AM »
Rip, you went to The U?

Yah Mon, I am a hurricane.   8)

Same years as The Rock too. 

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 11:00:12 AM »

Yah Mon, I am a hurricane.   8)

Same years as The Rock too. 

You're killing me here.....

I wanted to go there so bad...got accepted but in the end just couldn't swallow taking on that much debt.....and for some strange reason they weren't giving scholarships to white 5-10 175 pound defensive backs that year....lol

If I had it to do over I probably would have went...damn damn.......best school ever. 

So what was it like? Did you enjoy your 4 years there? And don't make it sound too good or I just might cry.

we may have been classmates.......class of 94 right?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 11:14:10 AM »
You're killing me here.....

I wanted to go there so bad...got accepted but in the end just couldn't swallow taking on that much debt.....and for some strange reason they weren't giving scholarships to white 5-10 175 pound defensive backs that year....lol

If I had it to do over I probably would have went...damn damn.......best school ever. 

So what was it like? Did you enjoy your 4 years there? And don't make it sound too good or I just might cry.

we may have been classmates.......class of 94 right?

HAhaahahaaa  I don't know how much I should tell you, as you will definitely get jealous and cry!   ;D

To say I enjoyed my four years there, at least what I can remember of them, is an under-statement. 
There is no better place in the world to go to college than Miami Fla. 

The cost is outrageous....believe it or not, I actually got a 1/2 scholarship based on my BRAINS!    ;D

---I was there from 91-95, a couple of the years when the Hurricanes were National Champs.  The games at the Orange Bowl were NUTS.
---The weather was perfection just about every day of the week.  We spent many many days basking in the sun at the beach.  They don't call it Suntan U for nothin.
---The campus is BEAUTIFUL.  I mean really nice...like a resort with a lake and palm trees and fountains.
---We had access to anything and everything we could ever want at any time in Miami....and as a result, we partied like rock stars until the wee hours of the morning on most any given night.   8)
---I don't remember much about the classes and teachers, but I am sure they were great too.   ;D

I also happened to be there the summer that Hurricane Andrew hit, which wasn't too fun or funny at all....everything was destroyed, we didn't have power or water for WEEKS.  The start of school was delayed for a month, I think, and all final exams were cancelled for that semester, which was kinda cool for us.

It was the PERFECT college experience on many, many levels.  Sorry, but it was... :P

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 11:37:48 AM »

HAhaahahaaa  I don't know how much I should tell you, as you will definitely get jealous and cry!   ;D

To say I enjoyed my four years there, at least what I can remember of them, is an under-statement. 
There is no better place in the world to go to college than Miami Fla. 

The cost is outrageous....believe it or not, I actually got a 1/2 scholarship based on my BRAINS!    ;D

---I was there from 91-95, a couple of the years when the Hurricanes were National Champs.  The games at the Orange Bowl were NUTS.
---The weather was perfection just about every day of the week.  We spent many many days basking in the sun at the beach.  They don't call it Suntan U for nothin.
---The campus is BEAUTIFUL.  I mean really nice...like a resort with a lake and palm trees and fountains.
---We had access to anything and everything we could ever want at any time in Miami....and as a result, we partied like rock stars until the wee hours of the morning on most any given night.   8)
---I don't remember much about the classes and teachers, but I am sure they were great too.   ;D

I also happened to be there the summer that Hurricane Andrew hit, which wasn't too fun or funny at all....everything was destroyed, we didn't have power or water for WEEKS.  The start of school was delayed for a month, I think, and all final exams were cancelled for that semester, which was kinda cool for us.

It was the PERFECT college experience on many, many levels.  Sorry, but it was... :P

So basically it was exactly how I imagined.  I swear I've never been more depressed in my life......I hate you rip....I really really do....

Miami ruled the world in the 90s. Me and all my boys used to watch every game together. We lived for Miami football. We still do actually. I've been to the Orange bowl 3 times. Twice to watch the canes beat FSU and once for the actual orange bowl game on New Years. The Orange bowl is to football what heaven is to Christians.  I want to be buried there. lol.

I remember Andrew well. They had to postpone some of the games to the end of the year because of it. Of course the canes still won the national championship. I think the 91 team may have been the greatest college football team ever. Being that close to South beach, when South beach was really in it's heyday must have been just crazy. I can only imagine the partying you must have done. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't go there afterall. I don't know how you managed to study with all that temptation around.

Did you ever give any thought to staying in Miami after college? It must have been tough to leave the weather and lifestyle. I'm still trying to convince my boss that I need to be shipped down there.

OK, I'm going to go cry now....thanks ripster for making my day

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 12:08:16 PM »
So basically it was exactly how I imagined.  I swear I've never been more depressed in my life......I hate you rip....I really really do....

Miami ruled the world in the 90s. Me and all my boys used to watch every game together. We lived for Miami football. We still do actually. I've been to the Orange bowl 3 times. Twice to watch the canes beat FSU and once for the actual orange bowl game on New Years. The Orange bowl is to football what heaven is to Christians.  I want to be buried there. lol.

I remember Andrew well. They had to postpone some of the games to the end of the year because of it. Of course the canes still won the national championship. I think the 91 team may have been the greatest college football team ever. Being that close to South beach, when South beach was really in it's heyday must have been just crazy. I can only imagine the partying you must have done. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't go there afterall. I don't know how you managed to study with all that temptation around.

Did you ever give any thought to staying in Miami after college? It must have been tough to leave the weather and lifestyle. I'm still trying to convince my boss that I need to be shipped down there.

OK, I'm going to go cry now....thanks ripster for making my day

hahahaa  I honestly have no idea how I made it successfully through four years of classes and into graduate school.   ???

Here's something that will make you feel better....

Living in Miami was outrageously expensive! 
We couldn't find good jobs there after college....and by the end of the four years there, we were SO incredibly burnt out, strung out, and pooped out that we literally got in our cars and peeled out of Miami after graduation and never looked back!   
I've actually been back twice for two weekend-long benders, both of which were great fun, but they also reminded me that it's definitely not a place I could live the rest of my life.  If I stayed there, I would either die very young or broke, or both.   ;D

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 12:26:30 PM »

hahahaa  I honestly have no idea how I made it successfully through four years of classes and into graduate school.   ???

Here's something that will make you feel better....

Living in Miami was outrageously expensive! 
We couldn't find good jobs there after college....and by the end of the four years there, we were SO incredibly burnt out, strung out, and pooped out that we literally got in our cars and peeled out of Miami after graduation and never looked back!   
I've actually been back twice for two weekend-long benders, both of which were great fun, but they also reminded me that it's definitely not a place I could live the rest of my life.  If I stayed there, I would either die very young or broke, or both.   ;D

Ok, that makes things a little better, but I'm still not sharing my afternoon grapefruit with you.....

;D