Author Topic: Drug free tips to taking your arms to the next level  (Read 17969 times)

LongtimeLurker

• Getbig II
Re: Drug free tips to taking your arms to the next level
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 12:48:42 PM »
Great thread, thanks fellows.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 09:48:16 PM »
Try this. Complete all exercises back to back with no rest between each.

Rules:
All non warm up sets taken to complete concentric failure. This means when you cannot even perform partial repetitions.
Go immediately to the next exercise, immediately.

warmup first with barbell curls 2 sets of 10 reps

Dumbbell curls 8-10 reps (fast up/ slower negative/ squeeze at top of motion for 2 secs)
got to
Body drag curls 10-12 reps (smooth tempo no pausing)
go to
Barbell cheat curls 6-8 reps (explosive up/ slow negatives)
go to
chin-ups (palms facing you) as many as you can do with body weight
go to
Negative chin ups (lower body as slow as possible, when you can get 4 slow reps add resistance)

repeat one more time after 60 seconds of rest

Rope extensions 10-12 reps (smooth tempo/ hold contraction and squeeze for 5 seconds each rep)
go to
V bar triceps push downs 6-10 reps (explosive downward phase/ pause at peak contraction 2 secs/ slow negative)
go to
dumbbell pullovers 10-12 reps (smooth and rythmic reps)
go to
Parallel bar dips body weight max reps (smooth and rythmic)
got to
negative dips (slow, slow lowering) when you can do 6 reps add weight

rest 60 secs and repeat one more time if necessary.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 01:49:17 AM »

Rules:
All non warm up sets taken to complete concentric failure. This means when you cannot even perform partial repetitions.

Dumbbell curls 8-10 reps (fast up/ slower negative/ squeeze at top of motion for 2 secs)
got to
go to
go to
go to
Negative chin ups (lower body as slow as possible, when you can get 4 slow reps add resistance)

Rope extensions 10-12 reps (smooth tempo/ hold contraction and squeeze for 5 seconds each rep)
go to
V bar triceps push downs 6-10 reps (explosive downward phase/ pause at peak contraction 2 secs/ slow negative)
go to
go to
got to

Sounds quality!  slow heavy negatives like you've got there work great for biceps, dont they. Always gets me really sore.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 07:36:43 PM »

Rules:

got to
go to
go to
go to

go to
go to
go to
got to

LOL.  Gawd help anyone trying to workout in the same gym as seone.... ;D   Hes on every peice of equipment!!!!   I could see someone looking at the bench and looking at him across the gym..."Should I, or Shouldnt I"?  hahaha

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 07:40:59 PM »

LOL.  Gawd help anyone trying to workout in the same gym as seone.... ;D   Hes on every peice of equipment!!!!   I could see someone looking at the bench and looking at him across the gym..."Should I, or Shouldnt I"?  hahaha

He's the natural Milos ;D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 07:47:57 PM »
He's the natural Milos ;D

Yeah....seone is da freak... ;D

AVBG

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 08:00:33 PM »

Yeah....seone is da freak... ;D

definately!

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 09:59:02 PM »
I have real bad tendonitis in my right elbow, so to avoid the pain I've been doing bicep workouts that take away the forearm only portion. For instance, instead of standing barbell curl, I go sit on a bench and have the barbell with my arm straight out and supported by my legs, I curl it and squeeze real hard at top...it's all biceps. I then go to cable machine drop the appartus to floor level, and I lay down grab a straight bar, and curl the floor supports and keeps the elbows from going all the way down.  I don't have any pain, and I've noticed considerable size increase in Biceps...I usually finish the bicep workout with grabbing d-handles and curling to my ears with elbows raised slightly.  I also wait 2 days between back and biceps, once in a while I'll superset with tri's...I honestly don't work my forearms, tight grips on bars, and just deadlifts and B-bell Rows make em grow.

Migizi,

I thought we were trying to get you to shrink, not grow bigger?  What gives?

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 06:14:00 AM »

This isn't for me, its for other people, I 'm giving the wrong "advices"

Kidding,

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 06:24:43 AM »
The biceps and triceps workout that I use is a lot simpler than the one above (the one above still works). The one that I use most of the time is:

Barbell curls (1 warm up set 10 reps) 1 work set for 4-6 reps..drop the weight 20lbs rep out...drop again 20lbs and rep out...drop again 20lbs rep out again...etc. I emphasize the lowering portion of the rep and explode on the upward phase, I also use partial reps, and every now and then forced reps. this takes around 2-3 mins to complete. (wt. 135-165lbs)

Next up reverse grip lat pulldowns to eye level
no warm up, 1 set of 5-20 reps, sometimes drop setting (wt 300-350lbs)

Triceps push downs same method as barbell curls but starting rep range is 5-8. (top weight 275lbs on cross over apparatus)

Bench dips or parallel bar dips 1 set of 5-7 (parallel dips) or (10-15 bench dips) (wt ed dips 180lbs added) (bench dips 180lbs added)

That program for me has created the best result overall, even though every now and then I deviate to higher volume programs for mental and physical change.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »
I love bench dips for triceps.   The stretch on the fascia causes a killer pump and more room for growth.     
 It was that exercise that got me some arm size.  Do it as a last movement for your tris and walk out of the gym a monster!!!

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2007, 05:23:04 PM »
I love bench dips for triceps.   The stretch on the fascia causes a killer pump and more room for growth.     
 It was that exercise that got me some arm size.  Do it as a last movement for your tris and walk out of the gym a monster!!!

I agree it is an awesome movement War Horse. The only issue that I have with it is when weight is placed on the lap the stress on the hamstring tendon can be a lil 2 much. I no longer use 45lb plates on this one, instead I'll load up an ez curl bar place it on a foam mat on my lap and dip away. The bench dip doesn't place a lot of stress on the elbows.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »
I agree it is an awesome movement War Horse. The only issue that I have with it is when weight is placed on the lap the stress on the hamstring tendon can be a lil 2 much. I no longer use 45lb plates on this one, instead I'll load up an ez curl bar place it on a foam mat on my lap and dip away. The bench dip doesn't place a lot of stress on the elbows.

Wow thats a great idea, in the future i will do that as well. So simple but such a clever idea, cheers mate :).

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 09:38:09 PM »
myseone,

if the bench dips are giving you trouble because of the loading of plates on your legs, you may want to try having someone sit on your lap.  when i do bench dips I usually have someone who weighs about 200+ sit on my lap with their legs up off the floor and then do my sets like that.  it looks very gay, but its better than not being able to use enough weight.  someone as big as you could probably use 300+.  anyways, just thought i would put in my thoughts on it because im a big fan of that exercise as well.

thx for the tips myseone, and congrats on the book on abs.

Thanks regarding the book.

Yeah thats good advice, I'll have to find a girl thats 300 plus though because I'm not letting a dude sit on my lap... chuckle

just kidding, the issue has more to do with the knees being locked out during the dipping motion which tend to stress the hamstrings tendon, placing the weight closer to the hips (barbell) allows me to bend the knees without much effort and perform the movement well. Thanks for the advice.

Law

strength

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 10:28:37 AM »
Slow controlled crucifix curls on the incline bench always make me sore

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2007, 01:39:20 PM »
Slow controlled crucifix curls on the incline bench always make me sore

Crucifix curl?

strength

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2007, 01:44:37 PM »
Crucifix curl?

get in the incline bench.  put it all the way down.  When you curl, you let your arms fully extend at the bottom of the rep.  The idea is to have your arms at an angle that makes you look like you've been "crucified"

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »
get in the incline bench.  put it all the way down.  When you curl, you let your arms fully extend at the bottom of the rep.  The idea is to have your arms at an angle that makes you look like you've been "crucified"

I think I get it. You'll have to show me sometime.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2007, 01:20:39 PM »
i'm still not able to picture this crucifix curl....hmm..