Author Topic: Before there was pro bodybuilding  (Read 805 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Before there was pro bodybuilding
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:06:26 AM »
Not so many years ago, the only real pro show was the Mr Olympia and to be a pro you had to win your class in the IFBB worlds ( aka Mr Universe). I was pretty excited as a young bodybuilder to see a viable pro circuit begin to form by the early 80's. The NPC mapped out a direct route to winning a pro card via the nationals and USA and everything looked peachy in bodybuilding.

After some up and down years, we now have a real, actual full compliment of shows .
In addition to the Olympia and ASC we have other new events like the SW pro and Colorado Grand Prix along with the Ironman pro to enjoy attending.
I just hope the bodybuilding community supports it.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Before there was pro bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:07:47 AM »
Not so many years ago, the only real pro show was the Mr Olympia and to be a pro you had to win your class in the IFBB worlds ( aka Mr Universe). I was pretty excited as a young bodybuilder to see a viable pro circuit begin to form by the early 80's. The NPC mapped out a direct route to winning a pro card via the nationals and USA and everything looked peachy in bodybuilding.

After some up and down years, we now have a real, actual full compliment of shows .
In addition to the Olympia and ASC we have other new events like the SW pro and Colorado Grand Prix along with the Ironman pro to enjoy attending.
Howard

dude... summer break just started... and you're clearly overthinking everything again..

i'm looking fwd to ten more weeks of Hyperanalysis Howie.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:23:21 AM »

dude... summer break just started... and you're clearly overthinking everything again..

i'm looking fwd to ten more weeks of Hyperanalysis Howie.

Yes, the chances now to read endless rambling diatribes are .....ENDLESS ;)
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 11:43:37 AM »

Howard
#
Stop thinking in the past bro ;)