Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Cover History" is wrong???  (Read 3246 times)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Cover History" is wrong???
« on: May 22, 2007, 01:40:56 PM »
I'm just throwing this shit out there, but the August 1967 issue of Muscular Development is always credited as Arnold's very first American cover when in fact it was Tomorow's Man June 1967 issue. Could it be that they don't want to associate Arnold with a magazine that seemed to be aimed towards the "gay community"?

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER "COVER HISTORY" WRONG....
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 01:44:05 PM »
Who gives a shit, Arnold was and still is the greates...

FreshMintBlue

• Getbig III
  • Me and your Maaaaaaaa
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »
Who gives a shit, Arnold was and still is the greates...

Stark you are a fugging idot ::)

I hope Bluto bans your account sooner than later
Who gives a shit

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 01:51:42 PM »
Stark you are a fugging idot ::)

I hope Bluto bans your account sooner than later

Thanks bro  :-[ I take this very personal  :'(

FreshMintBlue

• Getbig III
  • Me and your Maaaaaaaa
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 01:53:32 PM »
Thanks bro  :-[ I take this very personal  :'(

You should ::)
Who gives a shit

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 05:45:16 AM »
I'm just throwing this shit out there, but the August 1967 issue of Muscular Development is always credited as Arnold's very first American cover when in fact it was Tomorow's Man June 1967 issue. Could it be that they don't want to associate Arnold with a magazine that seemed to be aimed towards the "gay community"?

First, who is they?   Second, the month printed on the magazine cover has little to do with when the mag hit the newstand.  You have no idea which one came out first.  Third, bodybuilders had no control on where their images ended up.  None chose to be on the cover of one of the blue magazines.  They did a photoshoot with a legitimate photographer, but once they signed a waiver, the photos could be sold to any magazine.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 07:43:18 AM »
First, who is they?   Second, the month printed on the magazine cover has little to do with when the mag hit the newstand.  You have no idea which one came out first.  Third, bodybuilders had no control on where their images ended up.  None chose to be on the cover of one of the blue magazines.  They did a photoshoot with a legitimate photographer, but once they signed a waiver, the photos could be sold to any magazine.

"They" being the bodybuilding world. The general consensus. Bodybuilding history. The month printed on the magazine cover has little to do with when the mag hit the newstand? Why of course! The June issue of Tomorrow's Man probably hit the stands in September!  ::)

I have a very strong idea which magazine came out first, Tim. June is before August. Check your calendar, I promise you'll notice it.  ;D

And lastly, I'm not disputing that Arnold could've controlled which magazine could have featured him on the cover at the time. I'm just pointing out the fact that Tomorrow's Man June 1967 issue was his first American cover. Even an "expert" can be wrong, eh Tim?  ;)

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 08:03:49 AM »

Tim thank you for clarifying the whole reason why Arnold's pic could be on a gay mag.  See alot of the "haters" out there like to spin it to keep guys like Arnold down and as always the truth comes out the the spinmasters look like the jealous sorry ass bitches they really are:-)

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Cover History" is wrong???
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 08:39:35 AM »
So this Tomorrows man, was a Weider mag aimed at gay readership? Or was it a gay publication?

One is under the cover of physique appreciation, the other is "out there"...

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 08:48:03 AM »
So this Tomorrows man, was a Weider mag aimed at gay readership? Or was it a gay publication?

One is under the cover of physique appreciation, the other is "out there"...

No. It wasn't a Weider publication. And it wasn't straight "out" as being called a gay magazine, but one could flip through it and see why it would be thought as one. I have the June 1967 as well as the February 1968 and the January 1969 issue of Tomorrow's Man, and although the poses these muscle men do within the pages are pretty subjective, Arnold did no such poses within the pages - just regular muscle poses he's always done.

Arnold may be on the January 1969 issue, but there are no articles or pictures of him inside.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 01:07:33 PM »
    Tim thank you for clarifying the whole reason why Arnold's pic could be on a gay mag.  See alot of the "haters" out there like to spin it to keep guys like Arnold down and as always the truth comes out the the spinmasters look like the jealous sorry ass bitches they really are:-)

Yo, knucklehead. The thread was not about why he was on the cover of a suppose "gay mag". But the fact that his first cover in America happen to be on one.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 01:53:46 PM »