Author Topic: Idea to get Bodybuilding BACK on ESPN  (Read 3773 times)

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
Idea to get Bodybuilding BACK on ESPN
« on: May 23, 2007, 04:27:16 AM »
Ok I know the answer to actually seeing the competitors doing mandatories, however here is an idea that they might actually go for considering what they already program....

After the O is over have competitors file into banquet room
Have Pizza Hut, Domino's, Gatti's etc... cater a BUTTload of pizza'a.  They might do this just for advertising sake, longshot but hey....
Have TOP 10 Finishers come back after getting dressed and have a Pizza eating contest.

Simple rules
Competitor CANNOT throw up
Must eat crust and all
15-20 minute time Limit

Prizes Courtesy of said Pizza supplier, and other sponsors

10,000 to first
5,000 to second
2,500 to third
500 to 4th through 10th places

What do you guys HONESTLY think?  With the Nathan Hot Dog eating contest, A BIG TIME name like pizza Hut doing this would surely help.  I mean lets get real this might be the only way these guys EVER get seen on ESPN again   ::)

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
Re: Idea to get Bodybuilding BACK on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 04:29:07 AM »
Nobody wants to see that shit.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 04:35:42 AM »
Nobody wants to see that shit.

THEN HOW IS THE NATHAN"S HOT EATING CONTEST DOING IT ??

Ummm....somebody does otherwise they would pull it, who wants to watch freaking poker....your thinking openly here Monster....

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 04:42:43 AM »

Sadly, with the warped mentality of the viewers, you will hear comments like "Bodybuilders are gross" and shit like that, so it will never fly.  As much as I wish I could see it back on ESPN, the general public just does not accept it,  the ratings would not be so good.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 04:45:07 AM »
Sadly, with the warped mentality of the viewers, you will hear comments like "Bodybuilders are gross" and shit like that, so it will never fly.  As much as I wish I could see it back on ESPN, the general public just does not accept it,  the ratings would not be so good.

Thats why they would be DRESSED not in trunks... Covered up I think it might work.  They could show them downing a slice then maybe go show some footage of there routing from earlier....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 04:55:40 AM »

Thats why they would be DRESSED not in trunks... Covered up I think it might work.  They could show them downing a slice then maybe go show some footage of there routing from earlier....

not a half bad idea...

If they had the bBing show, then a chess match, a 40 yard sprint, then a eating contest, that'd be pretty cool.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 04:57:07 AM »
not a half bad idea...

If they had the bBing show, then a chess match, a 40 yard sprint, then a eating contest, that'd be pretty cool.

And a spelling bee.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 05:13:56 AM »
not a half bad idea...

Typical Getbig response since none of you guys can think open minded.  Lets look at some of the ESPN programs shall we...

Poker...
Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest
Bass Fishing....
Lawnmower Racing....
X- Game stuff....

If you guys don't think this would work by just looking at there programming then I don't know what to say.

One more thing for the "people would say BB's are gross"

WTF... are 400 lb Overweight people eating hotdogs not gross.  The audience seems to like Koaybashi ( Sp) and he actually "kinda" resmbles a good natural BB...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 12:50:07 PM »
espn will show whatever gets ratings

notice how they no longer show hockey?

E
E

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 01:22:20 PM »
You want to know why bodybuilding isn't on TV?

If THIS was still considered an ELITE physique in BBing instead of a guy who looks like a refridgerator with arms, the general public would watch it.  It's not "mainstream" because of what the "norm" has become.  Some say it doesn't have an "appeal" to the general public.  I've got news for you:  EVERYONE respects a great, NATURAL LOOKING PHYSIQUE (except those who are unnatural, unfortunately.  Many scoff at guys and gals who don't use...well...just because they don't use.  It's kind of sad, actually).  Not to say that Serge is natty here, but he's probably on 1/20th of the jack your top-level NPC guy will take now.  But, guys like him would workout 3-4 hours a day at times.  Effort was the way of the walk.  Now?  Not so much.

Anyway, I'd rather look like this for ONE DAY than looking like Cutler or Coleman for all eternity.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »
You want to know why bodybuilding isn't on TV?

If THIS was still considered an ELITE physique in BBing instead of a guy who looks like a refridgerator with arms, the general public would watch it.  It's not "mainstream" because of what the "norm" has become.  Some say it doesn't have an "appeal" to the general public.  I've got news for you:  EVERYONE respects a great, NATURAL LOOKING PHYSIQUE (except those who are unnatural, unfortunately.  Many scoff at guys and gals who don't use...well...just because they don't use.  It's kind of sad, actually).  Not to say that Serge is natty here, but he's probably on 1/20th of the jack your top-level NPC guy will take now.  But, guys like him would workout 3-4 hours a day at times.  Effort was the way of the walk.  Now?  Not so much.

Anyway, I'd rather look like this for ONE DAY than looking like Cutler or Coleman for all eternity.

he may have been on LESS but to say he was on 1/20th of top level amatuer of today sounds kind of dumb
irongearco.com

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 01:51:32 PM »
In 1965?  LOL!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »
Typical Getbig response since none of you guys can think open minded.  Lets look at some of the ESPN programs shall we...

Poker...
Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest
Bass Fishing....
Lawnmower Racing....
X- Game stuff....

If you guys don't think this would work by just looking at there programming then I don't know what to say.

One more thing for the "people would say BB's are gross"

WTF... are 400 lb Overweight people eating hotdogs not gross.  The audience seems to like Koaybashi ( Sp) and he actually "kinda" resmbles a good natural BB...

The sport is become a freak show and that is why it is NOT on espn any longer. The gen public knows all too well about 'roids now, and that and some other crap sunk the BB TV ship.
I can see that adding something to the shows would help, but, an eating contest seems a bit silly, who knows.
I think we both can agree that production quality is the key in getting a bigger media audiance.

I like the Serge Nubret pic, incredible physique. Bodybuilders of that brand are why I got into this sport in the 1st place 30 yrs ago.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

affy

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 01:58:28 PM »
make it less gay

and it'll be back on tv

thisiskeith12

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 02:16:46 PM »
Production quality will help generate more interest, but it will have be presented in a manner where the lazy bums on their couches can get it. People like to see people and learn about people.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 02:32:19 PM »
The sport is become a freak show and that is why it is NOT on espn any longer. The gen public knows all too well about 'roids now, and that and some other crap sunk the BB TV ship.
I can see that adding something to the shows would help, but, an eating contest seems a bit silly, who knows.
I think we both can agree that production quality is the key in getting a bigger media audiance.

I like the Serge Nubret pic, incredible physique. Bodybuilders of that brand are why I got into this sport in the 1st place 30 yrs ago.

That's one of my favorite pics ever, Howie.  THAT is what a bodybuilder SHOULD look like.  He doesn't look like he's getting ready to die, inhuman, FAKE, the list could go on an on.  That's a physique that someone would give anything to go through life with.  That type of look is what sells to ANYONE with any common damn sense.

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 02:42:44 PM »
Only way to get bodybuilders back on ESPN is to make sure they play poker!   :(

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »
ESPN broadcasts the spelling bee.  I could just see Ronnie spelling "Trixadexaphobia" and ripping his shirt off and hitting a most muscular..... ::)

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 05:27:55 PM »
I think that when Ronnie was in the damn fins running on the Jay Leno show that did the sport in.  That was by far the DUMBEST thing he could have done on TV... ::)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 06:20:22 PM »
Ok I know the answer to actually seeing the competitors doing mandatories, however here is an idea that they might actually go for considering what they already program....

After the O is over have competitors file into banquet room
Have Pizza Hut, Domino's, Gatti's etc... cater a BUTTload of pizza'a.  They might do this just for advertising sake, longshot but hey....
Have TOP 10 Finishers come back after getting dressed and have a Pizza eating contest.

Simple rules
Competitor CANNOT throw up
Must eat crust and all
15-20 minute time Limit

Prizes Courtesy of said Pizza supplier, and other sponsors

10,000 to first
5,000 to second
2,500 to third
500 to 4th through 10th places

What do you guys HONESTLY think?  With the Nathan Hot Dog eating contest, A BIG TIME name like pizza Hut doing this would surely help.  I mean lets get real this might be the only way these guys EVER get seen on ESPN again   ::)

I would wonder after heavy carb depleting, little to no water for sometime and the probability of being ina mild electrolye imbalance that suddenly gorging themselves with pizza, fluid etc might be a bit dangerous fpr these guys. Just my opinion though... I guess any negative results really won't be known until it is tried...
C

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 06:27:17 PM »
What about the strongman comps? You mean to tell me that they are natural???

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 06:46:40 PM »
What about the strongman comps? You mean to tell me that they are natural???

Thank you AZ my point to the T.   AAS usage is HEAVY in that sport as well and it gets on ESPN why not try something like this.  Lots of "normal" gym rats know about POST contest binging so why not televise it?

I say an email to ESPN is in order   ;D

antcraw

• Getbig III
  • Legacy of Brutality
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 06:47:41 PM »
Bodybuilding should be in the X-Games.  Then they could talk about how extreme these guys are.  And maybe they can get some extreme endorsments. 

The X-Games BB show should rival the O.  TV is there, tons of people, make it free to watch and have all the advertisers pay the prize money.
I'm Nick's role model!

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 06:53:22 PM »
they should put it back on eurosport

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2007, 07:19:04 PM »
Is there ANY other "sport"/event on earth that would benefit from the competitors going BACKWARDS about 20 years regarding developement/look/abilities? 

I think "bodybuilding" is about the only exhibition/competition on the planet that would be BETTER OFF if it REGRESSED regarding the "progress" of it's competitors.

That is damn sad.