Author Topic: Does Carb Sensitivity matter in a calorie deficit?  (Read 5916 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Does Carb Sensitivity matter in a calorie deficit?
« on: May 23, 2007, 12:19:32 PM »
Say a carb sensitive needs 2500 to maintain their weight but eats 1800 and a high % of sugary carbs, will the raised insulin levles stop fat from being burned even though that person is 700 calories  below maintenance?Not being carb sensitve im curious.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Does Carb Sensitivity matter in a calorie deficit?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 03:08:10 PM »
dont all answer at once

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 03:14:24 PM »
It depends on the individuals response to the sugars. Also, the timing of the sugary carbs would mean a lot to how the insulin was used in the body.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 03:18:46 PM »
Why would a carb sensitive person eat all those sugary carbs...not a good idea IMO,unless done only occasionally.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 03:20:48 PM »
Why would a carb sensitive person eat all those sugary carbs...not a good idea IMO,unless done only occasionally.

Not questioning if it a good idea, I just wondered if you would still lose fat if you ate below maintenaince while consuming a large ratio of your calories from sugary carbs.Strictly from a scientific point of view

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 03:21:09 PM »
no you will lose weight, and you probably need more than 2500 calories to maintain your weight unless you are quite small.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 03:23:43 PM »
according to TA a calorie is a calorie. But in my personal experience, eliminate them altogether and watch the fat dissappear. But dont forget to have them now and then.
-

Mr Miyagi

• Getbig II
  • Important to be nice, more nice to be important
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 03:24:38 PM »
Man with one chopstick go hungry

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 03:32:17 PM »
hahahha carb sensitivity.  What a fucking myth.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 03:51:59 PM »

uuuuhhhhh, no.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 03:56:02 PM »
Say a carb sensitive needs 2500 to maintain their weight but eats 1800 and a high % of sugary carbs, will the raised insulin levles stop fat from being burned even though that person is 700 calories  below maintenance?Not being carb sensitve im curious.

Define carb sensitivity? 
Everyone claims they're carb sensitive, but noone understands the mechanisms involved in this. 
The same reactions are produced in response to carb intake in everyone. 

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 03:56:21 PM »
Eat---Sleep--------Train -------Its that easy

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 03:57:19 PM »
Define carb sensitivity? 
Everyone claims they're carb sensitive, but noone understands the mechanisms involved in this. 
The same reactions are produced in response to carb intake in everyone. 

Easy to explain, my body overreacts to what I eat. If I diet strict, I lose weight FAST, one or two bad meals and I spill over to the point I look like a tub of shit, takes me 3 days to get all the water off.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 03:59:59 PM »
Easy to explain, my body overreacts to what I eat. If I diet strict, I lose weight FAST, one or two bad meals and I spill over to the point I look like a tub of shit, takes me 3 days to get all the water off.
exact same here.... i have no slack in my rope whatsoever
-

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 04:03:12 PM »

That explains nothing. 

How does your body lose weight fast?  Is it a result of excessive Protein Kinase A in response to catecholamines?  Or do you not use stimulants?  Do you drop sodium?  Do you cut carbs to nothing? 
What about essential fatty acids?  Intracellular fat stores? 
Spilling over has NOTHING to do with bodyfat. 
If you eat low sodium, and no carbs, and then binge on carbs and sodium, OF COURSE you're going to spill over. 

And....of course it is going to take roughly a few days for aldosterone and ADH to normalize and remove the water.  Espeically if you're hyponatremic and glycogen depleted to begin with. 

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 04:04:19 PM »
Some people like adonis think when they are in caloric deficient mode that they will only lose fat. Not true at all. you will lose weight that consists muscle and fat. It depends on the person though, some can get away with it eating junk and low protein. Never go below 100 grams of protein a day, or you wil lose muscle in a high rate. keep it between 100-200 grams.

Mr Miyagi

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »
Some people like adonis think when they are in caloric deficient mode that they will only lose fat. Not true at all. you will lose weight that consists muscle and fat. It depends on the person though, some can get away with it eating junk and low protein. Never go below 100 grams of protein a day, or you wil lose muscle in a high rate. keep it between 100-200 grams.

You caloric deficient all times ?

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 04:07:41 PM »

Look, no one like Adonis, but if you're going to refute him, come back with something better than that. 

WHY must you keep it between 100-200g per day?
Is this entirely non-dependant on carbohydrate and fat intake? 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 04:07:49 PM »

bro seriously not, I have tested that many times on myself, If I eat carbs I gain weight, when I restrict carbs (and we are talking about the simple carbs here) I loose weight... the right weight.

Look, no one like Adonis, blah blah blah

I think he is pretty cool...

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 04:10:37 PM »
I think he is pretty cool...

No he's an arrogant douche, at least on here, who speaks as an authority on subjects he has a mild grasp of. 
Fortunately for him, there isn't a much easier target than bodybuilders.....

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »
Look, no one like Adonis, but if you're going to refute him, come back with something better than that. 

WHY must you keep it between 100-200g per day?
Is this entirely non-dependant on carbohydrate and fat intake? 

i like adonis, he s a smart guy, but what works for the one, wont work for the other.
to build muscle you dont need a ton of food, for me the best ratio is 40 % protein, 30 % carbs and 30% good fats.

Mr Miyagi

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 04:14:05 PM »
i like adonis, he s a smart guy, but what works for the one, wont work for the other.
to build muscle you dont need a ton of food, for me the best ratio is 40 % protein, 30 % carbs and 30% good fats.

For you best thing is chess or checkers

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 04:15:43 PM »

fact is... all diets work.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »

You don't understand WHY that is the best ratio for you, and neither do the people posting about "carb sensitivity," that is what is important.  

Do not speak as an authority unless you are.  
Perhaps what works for one, WILL work for all.  It takes an understanding of physiology and the biochemical reactions in the body to understand whether or not this is true.  

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2007, 04:18:02 PM »
I don't see how it could matter if you are in a calorie defecit. I believe TA is correct here.