Author Topic: Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio  (Read 2770 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:05:34 AM »
Derek Jeter collected his 2,215 hit last night passing the great Joe D  ;D ;D
he's also hitting .360 this year
not to bad ;)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »
Yankee's suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!...Bu the Sox could use a good short stop ;D. 9 1/2 gamessssssssssssssssssss ssssss
L

body88

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 03:50:20 PM »
I am thrilled the sox have a 9 1/2 game lead on the Yankees after there latest series. I also know the Yankees are far from being "finished". With the way the sox are winning, and considering the fact the offense is not even firing on all cylinders yet, I am exited about the possibility of what this team can do. Guys like Manny and Jd are pretty cool at the plate right now. Even so the sox still are at the top or right around the top in all the offensive statistics.

I am staying humble because I know the Yankees will mount a run. The sox are the better team, but I am not going to count the yankees out just yet. The yankees will be back. There is a lot of baseball left to be played. The yankees have to much talent to lay down and die. If they did not make a run I would be shocked.

Yes, I can admit Jeter is a great player btw...... Although he is a bit overrated with the glove  ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 04:11:45 PM »
Yankees just lost Pavano for the year to Tommy John's surgery. The injuries keep mounting.

And they wont get rid of Giambi this year, just in case anyone thinks so. He's a left handed hitter who hits for power in a ballpark like Yankees stadium. Ain't happening.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 06:57:01 PM »
Jeter is overrated. Never even hit 30 homers.

The reason he's popular is because NYC residents are pathetic individuals for the most part, and they like a guy who's not all what he's cracked up to be. In other words materialistic NYC residents pick out a mirror images of themselves, which would explain why they boo a stud like A-Rod.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 08:00:57 AM »
Although Jeter is somewhat overrated he's still an excellent baseball player but he should never have won any gold gloves. He's not a tier 1 level major league shortstop and last year Alex Gonzalez was in the American League and he's light years ahead of Jeter defensively. He's the best defensive shortstop I've ever seen yet Jeter won the Gold Glove over him. It was a sham. He's not even the best shortstop on the Yankees right now.

BTW, DiMaggio's in hell. Amazing baseball player and a despicable human being.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 11:41:33 AM »
My,my,my...such hatred ;D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 02:00:03 PM »
baseball is the lamest, slowest, most boring 'sport' there is, how do people watch this crap

body88

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 04:19:55 PM »
My,my,my...such hatred ;D

No hate here. I respect Jeter. I think he is a great player. However, he is overrated when it comes to his defensive play. He is not a top tier defensive shortstop. Not even close. I admit, when he won that gold glove over Gonzo last year I was shocked. It showed how overrated he is when it comes to defense. Gonzo was a absolute defensive wizard at short. Gonzo was the best defensive ss to ever play for the sox. One of the best shortstops I have ever seen, period.

I am a realist. I will not call the Yankees dead until they are mathematically eliminated. A lot of baseball left to play. The Yankees will go on a run. I am certain of it.

body88

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 04:28:45 PM »
Although Jeter is somewhat overrated he's still an excellent baseball player but he should never have won any gold gloves. He's not a tier 1 level major league shortstop and last year Alex Gonzalez was in the American League and he's light years ahead of Jeter defensively. He's the best defensive shortstop I've ever seen yet Jeter won the Gold Glove over him. It was a sham. He's not even the best shortstop on the Yankees right now.

Total crock. When it comes to defense, Gonzo was on a whole different planet then Jeter.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 05:58:21 AM »
Jeter is overrated. Never even hit 30 homers.

The reason he's popular is because NYC residents are pathetic individuals for the most part, and they like a guy who's not all what he's cracked up to be. In other words materialistic NYC residents pick out a mirror images of themselves, which would explain why they boo a stud like A-Rod.

Why would he need to? For most of his career, he's been a leadoff hitter. It's not his job to smack home runs. His job's to get on base. Now that he bats second or third behind Damon, his job remains to get on base. Hitters at the top of the order are more selective when it comes to pitches. Throughout his career, Jeter would turn in on a pitch and try to drive out of the park only if that pitch was just right. He hits home runs when his team needs them the most and it usually happens on the biggest stage...the playoffs.

For the record, Jeter is batting .364 and is on pace to knock in 100 RBI's this year and get 200 hits. Not bad.

Jeter is a future hall of famer even if his defense begins to become more of a liability as he approaches his mid 30's.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 06:03:50 AM »
baseball is the lamest, slowest, most boring 'sport' there is, how do people watch this crap

Bro, how old are you?

You really make some naive comments sometimes. I know this board is about stating opinions(and I respect that) but your statements can really be childish and close-minded at times.

body88

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 09:29:05 AM »
Why would he need to? For most of his career, he's been a leadoff hitter. It's not his job to smack home runs. His job's to get on base. Now that he bats second or third behind Damon, his job remains to get on base. Hitters at the top of the order are more selective when it comes to pitches. Throughout his career, Jeter would turn in on a pitch and try to drive out of the park only if that pitch was just right. He hits home runs when his team needs them the most and it usually happens on the biggest stage...the playoffs.

For the record, Jeter is batting .364 and is on pace to knock in 100 RBI's this year and get 200 hits. Not bad.Jeter is a future hall of famer even if his defense begins to become more of a liability as he approaches his mid 30's.

Have to give him his due. The guy is a great player.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 10:37:00 AM »
I hate the fucking Yankees.

But Jeter epitomizes the legacy of great Yankee players throughout history.

body88

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »
I hate the fucking Yankees.

But Jeter epitomizes the legacy of great Yankee players throughout history.

I agree. I was born and raised in Boston, so I obv am a huge sox fan. I hate the yankees just like hard core yankees fans hate the sox. However there are some yankees that I respect a great deal. Jeter is one of them. Have to respect a ball player like that. Great player, period.

The only grip I have about him is the golden glove stuff. Jeter is vastly overrated when it comes to his defense.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 01:01:07 PM »
I agree. I was born and raised in Boston, so I obv am a huge sox fan. I hate the Yankees just like hard core Yankees fans hate the sox. However there are some Yankees that I respect a great deal. Jeter is one of them. Have to respect a ball player like that. Great player, period.

The only grip I have about him is the golden glove stuff. Jeter is vastly overrated when it comes to his defense.

Absolutely correct. Jeter's strength is hitting, not defense. I wonder if he'll ever consider moving to the outfield or third base as he gets older. Most shortstops consider the move once their prime begins to fade and their lateral movement beigns to slow. Inevitably, the move ends up prolonging some careers(i.e,Cal Ripken back in his day.). A-rod did it just to accommodate Jeter once he became a Yankee. He'll probably mann the shortstop position for another few years before such a change.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 01:26:41 PM »

Yes! Ha! Ha! Ha!  Even though he won a bunch (9) rings for the Yankees and had a great career, I feel he is overrated.  If he had been a Red Sox and Ted Williams been a Yankee,  the fans would have appreciated Williams more and not seen Joe through rose colored glasses.  Williams was a manly war hero pilot, expert hunter and fisherman, and arguably the game's greatest hitter.  Dimaggio was a pos who played baseball well but never loved it.  He treated everyone ever in his life like crap.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 12:13:03 AM »
the gold glove award went in the toilet the year raffy palmeiro won one at 1b and played a total of 28 games there. what a joke
Go Big Red!!!