Author Topic: Palumbo Diet...ur 2 cents  (Read 5996 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Palumbo Diet...ur 2 cents
« on: May 24, 2007, 01:03:12 PM »
Read that Palumbo had Toney Freeman on the following:

6-8 meals

Each meal

50 gms Protein
25 gms of fat
10 gms of Carbs

Basically a little more than Atkins....

Your thoughts?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Palumbo Diet...ur 2 cents
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 01:04:52 PM »
It isn't something I'd want to do long term, but it does seems to get his guys in kickass shape.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:48:35 PM »
It isn't something I'd want to do long term, but it does seems to get his guys in kickass shape.

Yeah, if you're on roids, T3, clen, HGH, DNP, FBI and sniff panties maybe....

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 10:51:30 PM »
Yeah, if you're on roids, T3, clen, HGH, DNP, FBI and sniff panties maybe....

Can't really argue with that either.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 06:32:05 AM »
200 calories from Protein = 43%

225 calories from Fat = 48%

40 calories from Carbs = 9%

This is just about the perfect ratio for a low-carb meal.  Getting the majority of your calories from fat will do nothing but encourage your body to use fat for fuel...

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 02:20:03 AM »
Yeah I read a bit about that too. I think I'd feel a little sick with that much fat but you can't argue with results i guess!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 02:23:20 AM »
Yeah I read a bit about that too. I think I'd feel a little sick with that much fat but you can't argue with results i guess!

::) ::) ::) ::)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:41:22 AM »
it's basically a really low carb part of a low carb cycle....must be intervalled with a day or two of higher carbs....or else muscle atrophy

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 07:29:08 AM »

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 01:46:24 PM »
hey, it worked for this guy

Well, i am not sure, but as i stated above, with enough clen, gh, t3, t4, DNP, test, Tren, Winstrol and whatever it doesn't even fucking matter what diet you are on. You could eat pizza and McDonald's all day.

Diet and Nutrition for cutting is for natties, for juicers it only applies to water retaining.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 05:07:51 PM »
I think its a good pre contest diet plen.  Dave has some good rsults like Desmond and Evan. I dont think it would work with ppl that need more carbs in their carbs like Jay Cutler type that does  higher/modate carbs days precontest. it just depend on your body type.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 08:14:42 PM »
For the record I'm working with Dave currently. I don't take clen, T3, HGH or DNP but I am on some test and tren.

The diet is the best I've ever experienced. I never feel starved, lethargic or tired. I'm strong in the gym and improving from day to day.

I suggest you try it, I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 09:10:31 PM »
it's basically a really low carb part of a low carb cycle....must be intervalled with a day or two of higher carbs....or else muscle atrophy
Not true. You start experiencing muscle atrophy when your body is in a constant search for glucose and when it searches and doesn't find any, it takes what it wants from your muscle. On this diet, this doesn't happen, because the body has a constant steady flow of energy in which to pull from, fats. When you're in ketosis, there is no shortage of energy.

Further, on this style diet, you get one cheat meal per wk. This is not enough to throw you out of ketosis, it would take several high carb meals to do so, but it's a good shock to the system and keeps it a good fat burning mode.

Well, i am not sure, but as i stated above, with enough clen, gh, t3, t4, DNP, test, Tren, Winstrol and whatever it doesn't even fucking matter what diet you are on. You could eat pizza and McDonald's all day.

Diet and Nutrition for cutting is for natties, for juicers it only applies to water retaining.
The way nutrients work in the body, is the same whether you use gear or not. True, things like GH, t-3, ect do ramp the fat burning up, but the basic rules of nutrition still applie. Steroids or not, diet is still the key...this is not new found wisdom.

For the record I'm working with Dave currently. I don't take clen, T3, HGH or DNP but I am on some test and tren.

The diet is the best I've ever experienced. I never feel starved, lethargic or tired. I'm strong in the gym and improving from day to day.

I suggest you try it, I don't think you'll be dissapointed.
Thank you, a voice of reason.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 05:01:22 AM »
Not true. You start experiencing muscle atrophy when your body is in a constant search for glucose and when it searches and doesn't find any, it takes what it wants from your muscle. On this diet, this doesn't happen, because the body has a constant steady flow of energy in which to pull from, fats. When you're in ketosis, there is no shortage of energy.

so you're saying a ketosis diet won't burn fat??????    To correct you, a ketosis diet will burn fat, but for so long....THEN you will start muscle atrophy.  Maybe thats what you meant...lost in translation via message boards..haha

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 10:28:59 AM »
Been on it for 5 days and by the third day the lethargy wore off.

Definitely leaning out alot but still feel a little flat. Into the third week may introduce a few more carbs here and there but for now...

Only thing that sucks is peeing like a race horse, especially at night....

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 10:59:56 AM »

diet look good for nutrients, but what do you think he took to look like that, hell, he could eat mc d  once a day and still look good
are you delusional?

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 01:35:19 PM »

Definitely leaning out alot but still feel a little flat. Into the third week may introduce a few more carbs here and there but for now...

have a low fat carb up day once a week after a depletion workout

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 06:25:24 PM »
so you're saying a ketosis diet won't burn fat??????    To correct you, a ketosis diet will burn fat, but for so long....THEN you will start muscle atrophy.  Maybe thats what you meant...lost in translation via message boards..haha
No, not what I'm saying, that's why I said, "this won't happen"...muscle loss will be held to a minimum

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 01:17:20 PM »

Yeah the first week is a little rough, where you feel flat and dizzy...but never really all that hungry. After that first cheat meal though I think my body responded well, so that in the last 2 weeks my muscles are full and energy is up. Only thing is you cannot skip a single meal or you will feel pretty horrible. As long as you eat every 2 1/2 hrs or so throughout the day, it's really "too easy", as some might say.

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 04:28:12 PM »

Thats the most ignorant thing I have heard on here.

AVBG

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 04:39:51 PM »
my 2c is that it works and should only be used for a limited time, however the diet isnot functionally sound for trainers that are less than 200% committed or have lives and families/kids outside of bodybuilding.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 08:28:20 PM »
my 2c is that it works and should only be used for a limited time, however the diet isnot functionally sound for trainers that are less than 200% committed or have lives and families/kids outside of bodybuilding.
You mean to tell me some people have a life outside of BB? ;)

Seriously though, why do you see it as not being functional?

AVBG

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 08:35:54 PM »
You mean to tell me some people have a life outside of BB? ;)

Seriously though, why do you see it as not being functional?

Its not functional if you have kids and a wife who don't want to get to ketosis  ;) ..

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 10:39:29 PM »
The Palumbo is not a good diet for bodybuilding because once the body is in ketosis the first source of fuel it will look for is muscle. Fat is harder for the body to use as fuel than muscle so the body will use the excess muscle (the body wants to maintain a homestasis, in which there is no need for excessive muscle) for fuel first then turn to stored fat. It is good diet if you are on the juice however.
Don't let em fool ya

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 12:39:27 AM »

Thats the most ignorant thing I have heard on here.

Well, maybe i wrote it a little provocative, but overall speaking, it's the truth.

I see guys in my gym all the time, they have NO clue about nutrition, they just change around their roids.
Some winny and tren, T3 and ECA when they need to be ripped, Deca, Boldenone or whatever for bulking.

Face it, and even gh15 admits it, if you are on the right things, you can eat whatever you want, as long as it has enough protein.