Author Topic: Word limit on Political board?  (Read 1932 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Word limit on Political board?
« on: May 25, 2007, 03:24:25 PM »
How about a 500 or 1000 word limit in the political board to ensure no one from any side posts hundreds of paragraphs of propaganda?

If not technically feasible, it could be a physical 4-inch rule.

No offense, I love this place, but it's looking like crap when half the sides post large articles.  might as well be a news page.  It also stifles creativity and basically turns into "who can cut and paste more crap from their side".

Or - Limit to two paragraphs of borrowed content?  Everything else must be linked, or your own material?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: Word limit on Political board?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »
How about a 500 or 1000 word limit in the political board to ensure no one from any side posts hundreds of paragraphs of propaganda?

If not technically feasible, it could be a physical 4-inch rule.

No offense, I love this place, but it's looking like crap when half the sides post large articles.  might as well be a news page.  It also stifles creativity and basically turns into "who can cut and paste more crap from their side".

Or - Limit to two paragraphs of borrowed content?  Everything else must be linked, or your own material?

As much as I hate you I say sure WTF
gotta love life

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 03:45:41 PM »
You mean no more of Mr. I's Rush dribble?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 03:48:51 PM »
You mean no more of Mr. I's Rush dribble?

2 paragraphs of the best stuff Rush has, followed by as much analysis as Mr I-one wants :)

Keeps the place original.  Lately it's been "Read these 10,000 words over 4 posts" before responding.  I don't bother with those threads, and I doubt many people do.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 04:37:59 PM »
I think I know well enough how it plays out when you tell someone how to post.  He should be able to post whatever, even if it is a long post.  Posting the accurate transcript eliminates bias or sugarcoating of any kind.  If Coach only does it to spark conversation then so be it. I think that just because it is long is no reason to censor, but it does say something about the laziness of Americans who just want the gist of things rather than the full story.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 06:36:19 PM »
How about you just ignore something if doesn't appeal to you or if you think it's too long? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 12:06:17 AM »
How about you just ignore something if doesn't appeal to you or if you think it's too long? 

Suppose I posted 20 threads a day, very long articles taken from another source.  They will take up a great deal of political board.  Everytime you open a thread, by me or someone else, you will find thousands of words from an article which marginally relates to it.

You can just ignore those 20 daily threads.  Cool?

My point is that I've been coming here less and less because I really grow weary of opening thread after thread and seeing thousands of words from Rush, the man who admitted he spouted a message for the white house which he didn't support.   Likewise, I'd feel the same if someone posted propaganda from some left wing scumbag.

Hey, maybe I should become the official Keith Olbermann guy!!  I can post his blog, transcripts, radio show, and youtube clips daily

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 10:23:57 AM »
Suppose I posted 20 threads a day, very long articles taken from another source.  They will take up a great deal of political board.  Everytime you open a thread, by me or someone else, you will find thousands of words from an article which marginally relates to it.

You can just ignore those 20 daily threads.  Cool?

My point is that I've been coming here less and less because I really grow weary of opening thread after thread and seeing thousands of words from Rush, the man who admitted he spouted a message for the white house which he didn't support.   Likewise, I'd feel the same if someone posted propaganda from some left wing scumbag.

Hey, maybe I should become the official Keith Olbermann guy!!  I can post his blog, transcripts, radio show, and youtube clips daily

How about you stick with the facts instead of an unrealistic hypothetical.  No one on this board posts creates 20 threads a day about anything.  If you have a problem with Coach posting threads with cut-and-paste Rush Limbaugh transcripts, then don't read them. 

And you're coming around here less and less because of Rush Limbaugh threads?  Puh-leaze.  Stop making stuff up. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 10:41:10 AM »
No one on this board posts creates 20 threads a day about anything. 

Not yet.

;D

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 02:21:38 PM »

Go ahead..........we need some comic relief on here :D!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 02:27:51 PM »
Funny that Olbermann using facts to make his points.  Oreilly uses a negative name every 9 seconds.  And, Bill Oreilly insults liberals more than he does terrorists.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 03:51:37 PM »
Rob, 1.) there is nothing wrong with his posts as we have all had to deal with you constantly posting 9-11 in even non-related threads, as well as my illegal immigration posts 2.) spamming the board just to make a point is not necessary.  If he posts it then don't read it, simple.  If people cannot read a long post then that is sad.  If they are mad it is not short enough to read and then post a witty retort then that is also sad.
Squishy face retard

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 05:13:32 AM »
Funny that Olbermann using facts to make his points.  Oreilly uses a negative name every 9 seconds.  And, Bill Oreilly insults liberals more than he does terrorists.

Olberman hasn['t used a fact since he left ESPN, and you are calling out O'Reilly for calling names? Doesn't Olberman do like a most hated man in America or something like that?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 05:47:25 AM »
Olberman hasn['t used a fact since he left ESPN,

Perhaps you don't watch his show.

At least once a week, Olbermann makes it a point to show 1) Video from before where Bush says something, then 2) Video from this week where a contradiction/lie was shown to have occurred.  He is the Bush Accountability Dept if there ever was one.

You're outright WRONG when you say he doesn't use facts.  He regularly uses videotapes of their own words.  If you're wrong about an obvious thing like this, and you'll speak like you know it all, I have to wonder what else you're wrong about...

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 07:11:20 AM »
Perhaps you don't watch his show.

At least once a week, Olbermann makes it a point to show 1) Video from before where Bush says something, then 2) Video from this week where a contradiction/lie was shown to have occurred.  He is the Bush Accountability Dept if there ever was one.

You're outright WRONG when you say he doesn't use facts.  He regularly uses videotapes of their own words.  If you're wrong about an obvious thing like this, and you'll speak like you know it all, I have to wonder what else you're wrong about...

Oh and O'Reilly doesn't have any facts at all on his show?

If you're wrong about an obvious thing like this, and you'll speak like you know it all, I have to wonder what else you're wrong about...
gotta love life

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 07:17:39 AM »
I agree.  Keep the forum as free as possible.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 07:24:07 AM »
no word count needed. 

If people don't want to read what you pasted they won't.  end of story.