Author Topic: US Intelligence analysts predicted................  (Read 2893 times)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
US Intelligence analysts predicted................
« on: May 26, 2007, 04:04:37 AM »
WASHINGTON — Intelligence analysts predicted, in secret papers circulated within the government before the Iraq invasion, that al-Qaida would see U.S. military action as an opportunity to increase its operations and that Iran would try to shape a post-Saddam Iraq.

Sadly, the administration's refusal to heed these dire warnings and worse, to plan for them has led to tragic consequences for which our nation is paying a terrible price,"

The Coach

Re: US Intelligence analysts predicted................
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 04:18:27 PM »
WASHINGTON — Intelligence analysts predicted, in secret papers circulated within the government before the Iraq invasion, that al-Qaida would see U.S. military action as an opportunity to increase its operations and that Iran would try to shape a post-Saddam Iraq.

Sadly, the administration's refusal to heed these dire warnings and worse, to plan for them has led to tragic consequences for which our nation is paying a terrible price,"

Why do you only post one half of that report?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 04:36:32 PM »
Why do you only post one half of that report?

only half the report, huh?

the whole "only after I went to Iraq did I realize it was about oil :(" thing is beginning to make more sense . . .

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 04:44:12 PM »
only half the report, huh?

the whole "only after I went to Iraq did I realize it was about oil :(" thing is beginning to make more sense . . .

Oh God, don't tell me you've been brainwahed too?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 04:46:53 PM »

He has..

Anyone intelligent knows it was about ridding ourselves of an evil man and liberating a bunch of savages.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 04:48:59 PM »

far from it . . .

i'm just trying to figure out why an apparently well-informed person had to go all the way to Iraq to realize that the reason we give a damn about that piece of desert is b/c it has oil.

At least that's what 240 told me . . . that the enigmatic one didn't realize this obvious truth until he went there himself.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 09:06:13 PM »
Bush stood in the rose garden in Dec 2006 and said yes, the war was about our ability to control who they sell oil to and at what prices.

he said we must ensure they will sell to us at prices we determine so as to not risk any danger to our economy.

Yes, our president said we are telling another nation who to sell their resources to (us) and at what price.

So, if you don't believe it;s about oil, then you're actually contradicting Bush.  He couldn't say it was about oil when it STARTED but everyone is admitting it now.  Hilary, last week, said "we need to stay in iraq because that's where the oil is".  BOTH sides of the issue admit it openly now.

So if you don't believe it's about oil, you're simply not listening to the President.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 10:05:39 PM »
Bush stood in the rose garden in Dec 2006 and said yes, the war was about our ability to control who they sell oil to and at what prices.

he said we must ensure they will sell to us at prices we determine so as to not risk any danger to our economy.

Yes, our president said we are telling another nation who to sell their resources to (us) and at what price.

So, if you don't believe it;s about oil, then you're actually contradicting Bush.  He couldn't say it was about oil when it STARTED but everyone is admitting it now.  Hilary, last week, said "we need to stay in iraq because that's where the oil is".  BOTH sides of the issue admit it openly now.

So if you don't believe it's about oil, you're simply not listening to the President.

Link? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 10:15:13 PM »
Link? 

find it yourself.  i believe it was dec 14th - around there.  Bush standing in rose garden.  enigma, can you find the transcript?  BB, I am sure you can.  it was posted here and was a pretty funny thing.  Bush admitted it was about oil prices.  After that, others did the same.

Beachy, why is it so hard for you to accept this?  There's nothing wrong with it - we need to control their oil to maintain our standard of living and economic position.  I guess it would mess with your religious/righteous position on why we're there.  But Hilary admits it, Bush admits it, and I am sure we'll see much more of it as the debates continue and energy topics come up.  We are managing iraqi oil.  We needed it, we invaded and got it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 10:21:09 PM »
find it yourself.  i believe it was dec 14th - around there.  Bush standing in rose garden.  enigma, can you find the transcript?  BB, I am sure you can.  it was posted here and was a pretty funny thing.  Bush admitted it was about oil prices.  After that, others did the same.

Beachy, why is it so hard for you to accept this?  There's nothing wrong with it - we need to control their oil to maintain our standard of living and economic position.  I guess it would mess with your religious/righteous position on why we're there.  But Hilary admits it, Bush admits it, and I am sure we'll see much more of it as the debates continue and energy topics come up.  We are managing iraqi oil.  We needed it, we invaded and got it. 

How are you able to extrapolate all of that nonsense from my one-word post.  I actually tried to search Google before requesting a link.  What I'm saying is I don't believe you.  You often get your facts wrong.  For example:   http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=150468.0

I'll read Bush's comments and draw my conclusion.  I will be floored if he actually said what you just represented in this thread. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 10:25:03 PM »
For years, there was one word that would not pass the President’s lips in regards to Iraq, and that word is oil.

No, we couldn’t possibly be in Iraq for that, Bush and his flunkies told us. The U.S. motives were so much more noble than that.

Never mind that Iraq sits upon the second largest oil reserves in the world, and that Bush and Cheney are oil guys, and that Cheney himself had maps of Iraq’s oil fields prior to the invasion, and that our invading forces took over the oil fields first, and once our troops got to Baghdad they protected only the oil ministry.

At his press conference on Wednesday, he brought up the dirty little word three times as a reason for the United States now to stay in Iraq.
Throughout the lead-up to the war and well past the fall of Baghdad, oil was the great unmentionable.

But now Bush himself is mentioning it.

At his press conference on Wednesday, he brought up the dirty little word three times as a reason for the United States now to stay in Iraq.

“We can’t tolerate a new terrorist state in the heart of the Middle East, with large oil reserves that could be used to fund its radical ambitions, or used to inflict economic damage on the West,” he said the first time.

“Extreme elements” in Iraq “want to control oil resources,” he said at second reference.

“They’ve got the capacity to use oil as an economic weapon,” he said the third time.

This is beyond cynical.

Bush understood that oil wasn’t a sellable reason for invading Iraq, but now it’s supposed to be a selling point for staying there?

But at least now Bush admits what it’s all about.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 10:27:24 PM »
In other words, you just made up the following statements, allegedly made by Bush:

It is just comical how you get the scoop on so many things the rest of the world knows nothing about. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 10:29:08 PM »
those were the october comments.  he made more in december.  i'm looking now.

Care to comment on bush using oil as a reason to stay in iraq, daughter?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 10:31:10 PM »
those were the october comments.  he made more in december.  i'm looking now.

Care to comment on bush using oil as a reason to stay in iraq, daughter?

I'll comment when I read Bush's actual comments, not your embellished, and likely invented, comments. 

And which one of us wears a dress?  (That would be you.) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 10:31:29 PM »
More republicans come fwd and admit we're in iraq for oil:
05 November 2006

"You can imagine a world in which these extremists and radicals got control of energy resources," he said at a rally here Saturday for Rep. Marilyn Musgrave (R-Colo.). "And then you can imagine them saying, 'We're going to pull a bunch of oil off the market to run your price of oil up unless you do the following. And the following would be along the lines of, well, 'Retreat and let us continue to expand our dark vision.' "

Bush said extremists controlling Iraq "would use energy as economic blackmail" and try to pressure the United States to abandon its alliance with Israel. At a stop in Missouri on Friday, he suggested that such radicals would be "able to pull millions of barrels of oil off the market, driving the price up to $300 or $400 a barrel."

Oil is not the only reason Bush offers for staying in Iraq, but his comments on the stump represent another striking evolution of his argument on behalf of the war. The slogan of "no blood for oil" became a rallying cry for antiwar activists prior to the March 2003 invasion and angered administration officials. "There are certain things like that, myths, that are floating around," Rumsfeld told Steve Kroft of CBS Radio in November 2002. "It has nothing to do with oil, literally nothing to do with oil."

White House spokesman Tony Fratto said Saturday that Bush's latest argument does not reflect a real shift. "We're still not saying we went into Iraq for oil. That's not true," he said. "But there is the realistic strategic concern that if a country with such enormous oil reserves and the corresponding revenues you can derive from that is controlled by essentially a terrorist organization, it could be destabilizing for the region."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 10:34:59 PM »
August 31, 2005

CORONADO, Calif. -- President Bush answered growing antiwar protests yesterday with a fresh reason for US troops to continue fighting in Iraq: protection of the country's vast oil fields, which he said would otherwise fall under the control of terrorist extremists.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/08/31/bush_gives_new_reason_for_iraq_war/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 10:36:57 PM »
as early as 2004, the reason for war was shifted from WMD to 'oil for food'.
October 8, 2004

WASHINGTON – President Bush and his vice president conceded yesterday in the clearest terms yet that Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction, trying to shift the Iraq war debate to a new issue – whether the invasion was justified because Hussein was abusing a U.N. oil-for-food program.

AP : http://www.public-action.com/911/no-wmd-sdut/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 10:39:26 PM »
More republicans come fwd and admit we're in iraq for oil:
05 November 2006

"You can imagine a world in which these extremists and radicals got control of energy resources," he said at a rally here Saturday for Rep. Marilyn Musgrave (R-Colo.). "And then you can imagine them saying, 'We're going to pull a bunch of oil off the market to run your price of oil up unless you do the following. And the following would be along the lines of, well, 'Retreat and let us continue to expand our dark vision.' "

Bush said extremists controlling Iraq "would use energy as economic blackmail" and try to pressure the United States to abandon its alliance with Israel. At a stop in Missouri on Friday, he suggested that such radicals would be "able to pull millions of barrels of oil off the market, driving the price up to $300 or $400 a barrel."

Oil is not the only reason Bush offers for staying in Iraq, but his comments on the stump represent another striking evolution of his argument on behalf of the war. The slogan of "no blood for oil" became a rallying cry for antiwar activists prior to the March 2003 invasion and angered administration officials. "There are certain things like that, myths, that are floating around," Rumsfeld told Steve Kroft of CBS Radio in November 2002. "It has nothing to do with oil, literally nothing to do with oil."

White House spokesman Tony Fratto said Saturday that Bush's latest argument does not reflect a real shift. "We're still not saying we went into Iraq for oil. That's not true," he said. "But there is the realistic strategic concern that if a country with such enormous oil reserves and the corresponding revenues you can derive from that is controlled by essentially a terrorist organization, it could be destabilizing for the region."

LOL.  Is this it?  You are a figgin liar dude.  Read your summary and read the quotes from Bush.  Good grief.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 10:40:51 PM »
there are many of them.  use google, daughter.

so have you officially changed your position from "it's not about oil at all" yet?

maybe tomorrow, it'll be a "little bit" about oil.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 10:42:19 PM »
August 31, 2005

CORONADO, Calif. -- President Bush answered growing antiwar protests yesterday with a fresh reason for US troops to continue fighting in Iraq: protection of the country's vast oil fields, which he said would otherwise fall under the control of terrorist extremists.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/08/31/bush_gives_new_reason_for_iraq_war/

lol. . . . Okay.  I'm going to start tearing up.  Here is the quote:

''If Zarqawi and [Osama] bin Laden gain control of Iraq, they would create a new training ground for future terrorist attacks," Bush said. ''They'd seize oil fields to fund their ambitions. They could recruit more terrorists by claiming a historic victory over the United States and our coalition."

Now, compare the above quote with what 240 claimed Bush said:

240:

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 10:49:43 PM »
that was the august quote.  i cited december 2006.  look it up, daughter.