Author Topic: Doing SHow in "08 want some adivce on prep from here on into the show.  (Read 1306 times)

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
I've set a goal of doing a show in june of 2008. It will be a big show, out of state and with some decent competition.  I'm symetrical & aiming for more lean mass and want to start training hard now so I am ready for this show. I'm 5'4 weighing about 130 @ 20%BF. I was thinking about 2000 calories M-F & relaxing a bit on saturday & Sunday's as far as diet goes. Not limited as to what I can take.

babydoc

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
In which division are you planning on competing:  fitness, figure, or bodybuilding?

For fitness/figure, in my opinion, 20% is a tad bit high for offseason bodyfat.  Most of us aim to stay at or under 15%. (I have never prepped a FBB for a show so I would not be the best person to ask, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board who can help in that area.) Yes, a prep CAN be done starting at 20%, but you will either have to diet longer than the average competitor........or resort to drastic measures to shed bodyfat and most likely sacrifice muscle.

I would suggest consistently utilizing clean carb sources and lean protein year-round in your diet.  As for cheats, 1-2 cheat MEALS/week is more reasonable for most serious competitors (rather than 2 days of unbridled eating).  Keep the cardio in moderation offseason so you have a variable to increase when your show prep begins.  You can slowly reduce your body fat to a more acceptable level with clean, consistent eating and training........and then focus on making improvements.  Good luck to you!

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
Thank you, I'll be competing figure. I knew 20% is too high. Just trying to think about what I should start doing now to be CONTEST ready in JUne 2008. Thank you for your input. Helps a lot. I think I'm going to start at  1800 cals. Doing cardio 5times per week and weight training 4.