Author Topic: Show coming up 08. Need some advice about cycle.  (Read 5654 times)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Re: Show coming up 08. Need some advice about cycle.
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2007, 11:58:42 AM »
You should definitely try to get to a national level or pro show...it will give you an entirely different perspective. It should do 2 things, one, going to things like that can always be really motivational, for me at least, and two, it gives you more of a clear picture of what you're up against...live vs seeing printed pics, there's no comparison.

AGREED! That is one thing I forgot to mention to you...USA's in July will be the next event if you are west coast. Nationals this year is in Texas, I think and that is in Nov. Pics vs. live gives you a whole new perspective plus you can see how they judge and what they look for but that changes from show to show (harder some shows, softer the others?!?)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 12:16:26 PM »
You should definitely try to get to a national level or pro show...it will give you an entirely different perspective. It should do 2 things, one, going to things like that can always be really motivational, for me at least, and two, it gives you more of a clear picture of what you're up against...live vs seeing printed pics, there's no comparison.

Hey AJ is it hard to get real good seats to a show at that level? They need get close to see detail.
Ive only ever been to local shows, and quite awhile back, but I could easily get pretty close there for prejudging at least.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2007, 12:24:40 PM »
Hey AJ is it hard to get real good seats to a show at that level? They need get close to see detail.
Ive only ever been to local shows, and quite awhile back, but I could easily get pretty close there for prejudging at least.

Even if you are not in the front few rows, they have huge screens that you can see from anywhere. But just like a good concert or sporting event, get your tickets early!

I have been to tons of pro and national shows and never had a problem with seeing good detail on the competitors.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2007, 12:34:48 PM »
For a pro show it can be hard...don't buy through ticket master unless you get lucky and be ready to pay through the nose. Like "busy" said, buy em early, or better yet, like in everything in this world, know people who know people and get your tickets through them.

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2007, 01:10:39 PM »
I'll try and make it to one. I live in the midwest so its hard to get to some pro shows around here. I've seen a few competitors off season for promos but none contest ready & live. Cathy Lefrancois came here last  year & I saw her in person.I loved her look ( I know shes back into BB) So I know the figure pros arent going to be any bigger than she is. Michelle Cogger just moved here & shes placed high in a few Cali shows. Once I'm out in Cali to compete I'm sure I'll meet a large variety of pros. That will be a good time to see some & see what I need to do to better myself.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2007, 02:51:39 PM »
I'll try and make it to one. I live in the midwest so its hard to get to some pro shows around here. I've seen a few competitors off season for promos but none contest ready & live. Cathy Lefrancois came here last  year & I saw her in person.I loved her look ( I know shes back into BB) So I know the figure pros arent going to be any bigger than she is. Michelle Cogger just moved here & shes placed high in a few Cali shows. Once I'm out in Cali to compete I'm sure I'll meet a large variety of pros. That will be a good time to see some & see what I need to do to better myself.

Well then you may wanna see the Jr. Nationals  Its in Chicago and Has a day, Friday dedicated just to the women.  I attended last year and there were like 300+ figure competitors alone.  Its a good show that does not sound too far away for you.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 03:03:23 PM »
Thanks AJ & BB.
 At the Last local show I saw; Eddie Robinson (Sp?) guest posed. Awhile huh?

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 08:24:20 PM »

And the good ol' Arnold Classic in Ohio. Hurt is right though, you will get a great idea of where you need to be if you went to the Jr Nats. They are coming up soon...

Figure gilrs are NO WAY near the size of Cathy. She is much, much bigger!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 08:25:49 PM »
Thanks AJ & BB.

WHOA brotha...we gotta get you out of the house more often!  :)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2007, 08:54:07 PM »
Thanks AJ & BB.

A while? Bro, that's ancient BB history ;)

WHOA brotha...we gotta get you out of the house more often!  :)
You're right, we need to set up an outing and take trab to a show.

That gives me an idea...I'll post something here in a while in the locker room and let you all know what I'm thinking.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2007, 09:04:05 PM »

That gives me an idea...I'll post something here in a while in the locker room and let you all know what I'm thinking.

By the way Trab, I bet his hair (Eddie) did not move a bit...was always perfect! AHHH the days of Vidal Sasoon...

Let's hear the idea AJ! I will be attending a couple shows in the next few months so depending on what part of the country y'all are in, come attend as well....so will respond when I hear your idea first..

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 04:18:07 AM »

Sounds interesting AJ

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 08:09:09 AM »
haha, Yeah I figured Cathy was going to be slightly larger than any of those girlies. I've got a pretty good idea where I need/want to be. Its now time to do it!! ahaha..  I'll def. look into some midwest shows to go check out, I wanted to go to the Arnold BADLY but my boss took his brother instead! hahaa.. Oh well, next year. I might go to the olympia ( Although not local!) this year. We'll see about that one. Thanks for the input on things.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2007, 08:18:19 AM »
No pictures?
gotta love life

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2007, 11:07:24 AM »
haha, Yeah I figured Cathy was going to be slightly larger than any of those girlies. I've got a pretty good idea where I need/want to be. Its now time to do it!! ahaha..  I'll def. look into some midwest shows to go check out, I wanted to go to the Arnold BADLY but my boss took his brother instead! hahaa.. Oh well, next year. I might go to the olympia ( Although not local!) this year. We'll see about that one. Thanks for the input on things.

If you can make it to Vegas for the O, you will see all you need at the Expo alone. Quite the 3 ring circus. Let me know if you decide to head out but the Jr Nats will be your best option so get to Chicago!!

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2007, 03:04:31 PM »
Save the money and go to the Nationals and see a Pro show, it will put things in perspective, well it did for me. Good luck and keep us posted.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2007, 04:55:54 PM »
but the Jr Nats will be your best option so get to Chicago!!

Thats what I was thinking, thats the show to see if your an amature thinking about moving up, its the real world.  Especially if you live in the mid-west it would be the easiest to get to probally.  The pro shows are the final step, one step at a time.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2007, 05:09:42 PM »
Save the money and go to the Nationals and see a Pro show, it will put things in perspective, well it did for me. Good luck and keep us posted.

...um, the Olympia is a pro show  ???
and Nationals is amateur?

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2007, 01:44:24 PM »
Had someone throw me a diet to loose BF quickly. Wondering what everyone thought of it. Keep in mind, I'll be cycling while on the diet & doing cardio atleast 5 times a week. My mind set for doing this diet would be to drop to 15% now and maintain till 12weeks out. Then cut from there for the show. Thinking about doing this diet for 6-8 weeks then going to a clean 1800cal diet until Feb or march ( shows in June 08)

Its the get shredded diet by Dr. John Beradi. the formula would be 10x's your bodyweight to get the calorie portion.
EXAMPLE:   150lbs = 1500kcal  113g protein   38g carbs 100g fat. daily
i'd obviously be coming in slightly lower calorie than this.

on the 14th day this plan schedules a re-feed then back on it again.

I know its extreme, but could this work to get the fat low & then go back to a clean cal diet after that to maintain or would I see a yoyo affect from this??  just a refresher: I'm 5'4 133lbs 20-21% BF.

Lemme know what you think.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2007, 06:24:27 PM »
For one, protein is too low. 1 g. per lb bodyweight, even for a girl, minimum!

Add some cardio now to facilitate losing bodyfat but you dont want to be too low of calories to not fuel muscle growth.

And with 100g of fat, better eat your vegies or you will be a little backed up, if you know what I mean.  :-\

1600 calories should be fine for your weight, if you take your weight x 10, you are in starvation girl (1300)!! Don't defeat the purpose of taking the gear by eating too low of calories.

1600 calories
40% Protein = 160g
35% Carbs = 140 g
25% Fats = 44 g

just my .2 cents

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2007, 02:53:33 PM »
Yeah thats what I was thinking or just sticking with the 1800-2000 cal with the 40 35 25 ratios. I just saw some videos from some Cal shows last  year & the year before. I gotta get my ass going!! Get some size!! ahahha

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2007, 03:00:04 PM »
Just don't starve yourself and hamper your ability to buid some muslce. That is why it is off-season. You can always make some adjustments to your diet as you go along and if 1600 calories is really too much, adjust. Even if you just tweak the ratios of p, c, f , that alone will have a profound affect on your physique.

Dont get caught up in what the other girls look like, you have to just worry about you and where you want to be. Enjoy the journey, you are young and have time!

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2007, 03:10:01 PM »
For sure! I called my friend and said those girls are big!! ahhaa he told me to watch the awards part and see which ones placed top 3 & it was the smaller but more symetrical ones that were taking home hardware. (which isnt my goal) for now just want to be able to hang with some of them and work my way in!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2007, 03:21:09 PM »
Just do your work and you will do fine....most of the top girls have been training for many years. Shit takes time no matter what you use! Good luck girl.  8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2007, 06:49:25 PM »
Just do your work and you will do fine....most of the top girls have been training for many years. Shit takes time no matter what you use! Good luck girl.  8)
True. for most girls it takes years to do well, just as it does most men. However, this does not always hold true. For instance, a good friend of mine did her first figure show this past wk end and won her class  at 20 yrs old...and this was not an easy show by any means. In the overall, it was a 3 to 4 decision between her and one other girl and she lost this to a 38 yr old who'd been doing this for years. Honestly, it could have gone either way, as you can tell from the 3 to 4 decision.

Next step for her, a national show...and I'd expect this girl to do very well...this whole thing comes pretty easy for her compared to most...of course, it doesn't hurt that she has Arnold jr. in her corner giving out stellar advice. ;)