Author Topic: .  (Read 6839 times)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: Big John McCarthy called it too soon!
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 04:20:27 PM »
Not jumping on the Rampage bandwagon always liked the way he fought. I watched the Silva fight and until Wandy got him in the clinch I would say it was pretty even (IMHO). I should have rephrased my initial comment Rampage looked like a beast Saturday night. Personally I think styles make fights and Rampage just has a style that will beat Chuck 8 out of 10 times. Unless Liddell spends some time working on his striking defense I don't see this outcome changing. Interestingly I think style wise Shogun and Wandy are a better matchup for Liddell (again IMHO). Anyway I was not trying to say that Q is the second coming just giving him his "props" on the win.

I agree that he might not be holding the belt for long Henderson is extremely tough. Good hands, good defense, great takedowns....

I did not know and that is a fantastic point. Unfortunately we will never know what the outcome would have been ... Great thing about the internet someone can always provide insight into these things..

Page's kryptonite is the muay thai plum.  It got him KOed by Wandy twice, broke his ribs against Shogun, and allowed Ninja to make the fight close (I thought Ninja won, btw and I love Page)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 04:20:23 AM »
I never jumped on his bandwagon. I was never on the "Chuckwagon" in the first place.
He's good but he's always been overrated.
TEAM REPTILIAN

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 01:09:38 PM »
Yes...
Wtf was up with that gut?

Where the hell have you people been, Chuck always shows up with that GUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2007, 02:33:04 PM »
chucks in shape thats just the way he looks not everyone got a sixpack and of those who do that doesnt say much about general conditioning
Z

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2007, 04:17:06 PM »
chucks in shape thats just the way he looks not everyone got a sixpack and of those who do that doesnt say much about general conditioning

Can you say GH belly. 

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 04:26:30 PM »
Chuck rarely "slugs it out" with anyone. He was fed a steady stream of good wrestlers with sub-par standup skills. It was easy for him to look good against them.

Finally someone realizes this, name one good stand up fighter Liddell has beaten.  The light heavyweight is a crap division anyways.  A good boxer like Frank Mir or Ian Freeman or the pitbull or Rizzo would destroy Chuck Liddell and thats probally why they went up in weight to where the real competition is, the heavyweight division.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »
Finally someone realizes this, name one good stand up fighter Liddell has beaten.  The light heavyweight is a crap division anyways.  A good boxer like Frank Mir or Ian Freeman or the pitbull or Rizzo would destroy Chuck Liddell and thats probally why they went up in weight to where the real competition is, the heavyweight division.

Frank Mir is a good boxer?  Ian Freeman?  Rizzo is just as much a counterfighter as Liddell.  Andrei's chin wouldn't last.  With the advent of Pride MWs (UFC LHWs), this is the richest division in MMA. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 12:53:33 PM »

The HW division was pure shit, Sylvia, Mir, The pitbull, all of these guys are decent fighters but I wouldnt say that they are class A fighters.