Author Topic: IDS New Whey Protein Shots  (Read 1644 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
IDS New Whey Protein Shots
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:41:56 AM »
Not since Phosphagen HP has such a simple idea become such a hit: Make a protein RTD quick and easy to consume, so dense that it's a mere 3 fluid ounces.

These shots are fantastic. I take one first thing in the morning, which gives me a jump-start on my protein intake for the day. If they weren't so pricey ($30 for a dozen of them from Vitamin Shoppe), I'd take two per day. That's 84 grams of whey protein (with a hint of casein) you can down in about 5 seconds.

Of course, when GNC starts carrying them, I can get them even cheaper....that is, if it can be kept in stock. The folks in Vitamin Shoppe can't keep this stuff on the shelves.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
Re: IDS New Whey Protein Shots
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 12:13:44 PM »
I carry them in both of my stores.... the 42s and the 25s

Can mail order them to your house for 29.88 for a case of the 42 Shots... I can waive the shipping if you call me directly.

Shoot me a PM for store locations, I am based out of East TN area FYI...   ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 08:50:06 PM »
Not since Phosphagen HP has such a simple idea become such a hit: Make a protein RTD quick and easy to consume, so dense that it's a mere 3 fluid ounces.

These shots are fantastic. I take one first thing in the morning, which gives me a jump-start on my protein intake for the day. If they weren't so pricey ($30 for a dozen of them from Vitamin Shoppe), I'd take two per day. That's 84 grams of whey protein (with a hint of casein) you can down in about 5 seconds.

Sounds like a great idea.  How do they taste?  Retail pricing seems about right ~ generally .10 cents/gram for  RTD protein.
:

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:58:07 PM »

Sounds like a great idea.  How do they taste?  Retail pricing seems about right ~ generally .10 cents/gram for  RTD protein.

The taste (and the texture, for that matter) resembles kids' cold medicine. The New Whey shot is more like a syrup. But, you can down it in 3 seconds and get 42 grams of protein, making it ultra-convenient.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »
The taste (and the texture, for that matter) resembles kids' cold medicine. The New Whey shot is more like a syrup.

That's disappointing  :-\
:

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 09:15:08 PM »
Shaker + 1-2 scoops (22-45 g. Protein) Whey Isolate = MUCH CHEAPER ROUTE!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 10:10:15 AM »

Already have plenty of whey protein powder handy. That's part of the reason why I can give the IDS Whey shots a try.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 05:05:12 PM »

I give this answer to people all the time when they try and purchase MRP's I tell them to go with Powder and get a shaker it's cheaper, HOWEVER these were designed for people in a hurry and do not want to mess around with carrying whey powder in there gym bags, cars, etc... 

CONVIENCE is what matters most to some people.  These things take up no more space that a cell phone.  Easier to deal with and for some people the extra $$ is worth the convience to them.

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »
yes they aren't the best tasting things in the world but good if you're on the go. tate like vicks formula 44d mixed with jello thats not solid yet.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 07:32:47 AM »
I give this answer to people all the time when they try and purchase MRP's I tell them to go with Powder and get a shaker it's cheaper, HOWEVER these were designed for people in a hurry and do not want to mess around with carrying whey powder in there gym bags, cars, etc... 

CONVIENCE is what matters most to some people.  These things take up no more space that a cell phone.  Easier to deal with and for some people the extra $$ is worth the convience to them.

I agree with the convience factor but when making rtd with whey isolate, the heat needed to preserve the protein can and probably denatures the protein. Therefore, you might not be ingesting as much true protein as listed. Powders are all cold processed to protect the protein and you will get more protein for your buck. The extra money spent is on packaging and with added weight with the liquid, the cost goes up. Would much rather "hassle" with a shaker and powder instead of paying for a cute test tube full of preservatives.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 11:31:55 AM »

Few, if any, MRPs are sold in jugs. MET-Rx used to come in a red-and-white container, but those got phased out (which might explain why I got one as such a good price last year ;D ).  In fact, a 72-gram serving of MET-Rx from the jugs has five grams more protein than the same sized serving in the foil packets.

As far as New Whey goes, you're only consuming 3 oz. of liquid (or syrup, if you will), but that contains 42 grams of protein. If you normally consume 200 grams of protein and down a Whey shot, your intake just popped up to 242.

If you can afford to take two per day, that pushes you to 284 grams of protein...with little stress on the old tum-tum. For someone ingesting 300 grams of protein a day, two shots will have you pushing nearly 400 grams of protein.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 12:14:16 PM »
Few, if any, MRPs are sold in jugs. MET-Rx used to come in a red-and-white container, but those got phased out (which might explain why I got one as such a good price last year ;D ).  In fact, a 72-gram serving of MET-Rx from the jugs has five grams more protein than the same sized serving in the foil packets.

As far as New Whey goes, you're only consuming 3 oz. of liquid (or syrup, if you will), but that contains 42 grams of protein. If you normally consume 200 grams of protein and down a Whey shot, your intake just popped up to 242.

If you can afford to take two per day, that pushes you to 284 grams of protein...with little stress on the old tum-tum. For someone ingesting 300 grams of protein a day, two shots will have you pushing nearly 400 grams of protein.

IF there is really 42 g. of protein in there...the process could denature the protein, therefore you could get far less protein per serving. Just because the label says there is 42 g. does not mean there is with those rtd products. Would love to see a lab test on them to see how much actual protein is in those tubes..

MRP and RTD are two differant product categories.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 07:49:29 AM »
IF there is really 42 g. of protein in there...the process could denature the protein, therefore you could get far less protein per serving. Just because the label says there is 42 g. does not mean there is with those rtd products. Would love to see a lab test on them to see how much actual protein is in those tubes..

MRP and RTD are two differant product categories.

Well said.