Author Topic: BIG CHILL FOR PAPA RUDY  (Read 1387 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
BIG CHILL FOR PAPA RUDY
« on: May 27, 2007, 12:33:23 PM »
I really question this man's ability to lead the country when is own house is such a mess.  I can understand being divorced, but being estranged from his kids is a huge red flag. 

BIG CHILL FOR PAPA RUDY
By ELIZABETH WOLFF

May 26, 2007 -- The big chill between Rudy Giuliani and ex-wife Donna Hanover was on full display yesterday when both attended their daughter Caroline's high school graduation - but sat as far apart as possible and never spoke.

When the commencement speaker, Sen. Charles Schumer, noted Giuliani's presence and the audience broke into applause, Hanover and her son, Andrew Giuliani, sat stone-faced and didn't clap.

But Hanover and Andrew jumped up and cheered when the Harvard-bound 17-year-old Caroline received her diploma from the tony Trinity School, while Giuliani and his wife, Judith, didn't even crack a smile.

During the two-hour graduation, the Giulianis could be seen whispering to each other and peering over at a happy Hanover and her husband, Edwin Oster, sitting 30 yards away.

Rudy and Judith Giuliani avoided his children and ex-wife by arriving minutes before the ceremony began, entering through a side entrance, and they ducked out 10 minutes before it ended.

Hanover, Andrew and a group of family friends arrived at least an hour early to secure the best seats at the Crenshaw Church on West 96th Street and Central Park West.

The Republican presidential front-runner's strained relationship with his children burst into public view earlier this year after Andrew told a reporter that he was estranged from his father and had a "problem" with his stepmom, Judith.

The former mayor did not attend Andrew's high school graduation and has reportedly missed many of Caroline's high school performances.

At the graduation yesterday, Andrew did not acknowledge his father and stepmother and would not say whether the couple would join them later.

"We plan to celebrate privately with friends and family. We're all so proud of her and it's really Caroline's day," said Andrew, wearing a Yankees tie.

When reporters asked Hanover whether she would celebrate with Giuliani, she grimaced, then gushed at how happy she was for her daughter.

The Giulianis also wouldnot comment.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05262007/news/regionalnews/big_chill_for_papa_rudy_regionalnews_elizabeth_wolff.htm

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: BIG CHILL FOR PAPA RUDY
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:03:08 PM »
I really question this man's ability to lead the country when is own house is such a mess.  I can understand being divorced, but being estranged from his kids is a huge red flag. 

Sometimes we disagree, but I know you are smart.  :)
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 01:20:03 PM »
Until 9/11, NOBODY pegged Rudy as being presidential material.  Seems like a man who enjoyed his vices.

Rudy was in the right place at the right time.  When the nation needed a hero, Rudy was their giftwrapped hero.  When time needed a 'Man of the Year' for 2001, they chose him.  They didn't choose Bush (who was warned about 911 and didn't act).  They didn't award Osama (even tho historically they chose bad guys who had large impact - like hitler - and there is no doubt osama had a bigger impact than anyone that year).

instead they chose Rudy, who made people fell better because he stood in front of the camera on the morning of 9/11 and told CNN that his walkie talkie warned him the towers were coming down - even as firefighters inside had the fire down to 2 small pockets.

Then, rudy made millions speaking and consulting, even tho it was his buddy bernie the police commish who had the brains.  Rudy used to be a selfish man.  Rudy is a selfish fearmonger now.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 04:00:30 PM »
Until 9/11, NOBODY pegged Rudy as being presidential material.  Seems like a man who enjoyed his vices.

Rudy was in the right place at the right time.  When the nation needed a hero, Rudy was their giftwrapped hero.  When time needed a 'Man of the Year' for 2001, they chose him.  They didn't choose Bush (who was warned about 911 and didn't act).  They didn't award Osama (even tho historically they chose bad guys who had large impact - like hitler - and there is no doubt osama had a bigger impact than anyone that year).

instead they chose Rudy, who made people fell better because he stood in front of the camera on the morning of 9/11 and told CNN that his walkie talkie warned him the towers were coming down - even as firefighters inside had the fire down to 2 small pockets.

Then, rudy made millions speaking and consulting, even tho it was his buddy bernie the police commish who had the brains.  Rudy used to be a selfish man.  Rudy is a selfish fearmonger now.

At the very least he is that. He's a slimy politician, VOTE ROMNEY IN 08.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 06:03:29 PM »

as a person, romney is likable.

he's changed more positions on more issues than either Rudy OR McCain though.  If you're okay with that, he's your guy.  Also - he will continue the Bush iraq War policy.

So if you want a John Kerry with war dick, he's the man for you!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 08:16:18 PM »
Ron Paul hasn't changed his position on anything that I know of.  8)

Oh and he even took the time to read the 9/11 commission report, something Giuliani did not do.  8) 8)

S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »
Sometimes we disagree, but I know you are smart.  :)

Thanks Benfun.  CT stuff aside, you're another one of those smart youngsters (like Camel).   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 08:21:16 PM »

Romney has bank, is raising a lot of money, and is polling well.

I still don't know much about him.  I need to listen to the next round of debates. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »
Thanks Benfun.  CT stuff aside, you're another one of those smart youngsters (like Camel).   :)

Thanks  8)
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 04:18:42 AM »
romney is the man to beat on the repub side.  he just needs to avoid a screwup.  mccain is repeatedly hurting himself with the remarks - he is possibly losing it.  he just sounds crazy sometimes. 

rudy is odd.  polarizing.  'take me or leave me' attitude.   911 isn't as huge an asset with people as he believed it would be.  If you've seen Loose Change, the title "America's Mayor" becomes "America's Question Mark". 

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »
as a person, romney is likable.

he's changed more positions on more issues than either Rudy OR McCain though.  If you're okay with that, he's your guy.  Also - he will continue the Bush iraq War policy.

So if you want a John Kerry with war dick, he's the man for you!

The war will go on regardless of who is in power you know that. I just feel we need someone who conveys strength to the world, and he seems the type. We need to get bush out he never comes across as a strong competent leader IMO, and given the rise of radical islam we CANNOT have a woman in office. What little respect we have will fly out the window worldwide.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 06:08:34 PM »
The war will go on regardless of who is in power you know that. I just feel we need someone who conveys strength to the world, and he seems the type.

We have shown nothing BUT strength for 6 years now.

We started a war in Afghanistan after the Taleban offered to mail Osama's dead body to NYC.
We started a war in Iraq after Saddam caved during our 48 hour deadline - didn't we put a JDAM in the building when he called to agree? LOL...
We are currently running black ops in Iran, and war is inevitable, we all know it, even tho they haven't done anything but try to arm as we flank them from both sides (Iraq and Afghanistan).

We're strong, we're badass.  Everyone knows that.  Perhaps a little diplomacy would work since the iron fist obviously isn't. 

given the rise of radical islam we CANNOT have a woman in office. What little respect we have will fly out the window worldwide.

Please tell us about the respect we're getting worldwide.  Cause Dubya is hated worldwide and I can't think of one nation whose population backs us.

Bill Clinton, which scumbaggish domestically, was beloved worldwide.  Watch the leaders of all these nations brighten up when he walks in the room with Prez. Hilary.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 10:25:48 PM »
The war will go on regardless of who is in power you know that.

True.  It ain't going to end anytime soon and we're never leaving. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 02:37:14 AM »
True.  It ain't going to end anytime soon and we're never leaving. 

You agree we're NEVER leaving - but you STILL believe it has nothing to do with oil?