Author Topic: As Patrick Bateman once said..../TEAM PATRICK BATEMAN BEGINS  (Read 33957 times)

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
Re: As Patrick Bateman once said....
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2007, 08:48:05 AM »
I would like to inform Power Rod that I've just received my DVD at home. I'll watch it right now in allegiance to my getbig borthers. And I would like to propose a motion to recognize AMERICAN PSYCHO the official getbig movie, a must for those that are being introduced in the fine art of owning, the cornerstone of this bulletin board!!

DISCUSS.

(This thread should be a sticky.)
Reservations at Dorsia ?

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2007, 08:53:46 AM »
How about that scene at the dry cleaning shop, where Bateman is almost hitting the China woman cuz she can't understand shit about the way he wanted his blood splattered sheets to be cleaned?
His lady friend comes in the shop and Bateman begs to her if she could explain to the China woman that those sheets were some expensive stuff.
His friend asked him if they could hook together sometime, and Bateman tells her that he's booked for the weekend, and that in fact she should call him. She asked him "how about lunch?" and he replied that he, as usual, was late for lunch with some friend with a pompous name at some posh place.

Definitely one of the best movies ever made. And Christian Bale is the De Niro of his time. Anyone ever watched THE MACHINIST? Another kick ass movie. Bale almost starved to death to fit in the character persona. A must see movie, too.
Reservations at Dorsia ?

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2007, 10:47:06 AM »
How about that scene at the dry cleaning shop, where Bateman is almost hitting the China woman cuz she can't understand shit about the way he wanted his blood splattered sheets to be cleaned?
His lady friend comes in the shop and Bateman begs to her if she could explain to the China woman that those sheets were some expensive stuff.
His friend asked him if they could hook together sometime, and Bateman tells her that he's booked for the weekend, and that in fact she should call him. She asked him "how about lunch?" and he replied that he, as usual, was late for lunch with some friend with a pompous name at some posh place.

Definitely one of the best movies ever made. And Christian Bale is the De Niro of his time. Anyone ever watched THE MACHINIST? Another kick ass movie. Bale almost starved to death to fit in the character persona. A must see movie, too.

The Machinist was a great movie and I loved the twist at the end....It really shows how great of an actor Bale is and the extent he will go to for a movie role...I believe Bale's character Bateman is a small part of many young professional men and that is the reason it is so appealing...
You Can't Do It!!!

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2007, 11:18:26 AM »
The Machinist was a great movie and I loved the twist at the end....It really shows how great of an actor Bale is and the extent he will go to for a movie role...I believe Bale's character Bateman is a small part of many young professional men and that is the reason it is so appealing...

Your post only shows how well educated you are about fine movies and teh true art of acting. Bale is the new Bob de Niro of the industry.
Bateman is a character that every male can relate in a way or another, specially if you're in your late 20s to the beginning of your 30s and has a career going on.

When preparing for THE MACHINIST, Bale went on a very hardcore food regimen, he looked terrible, cadaveric to the fullest. He almost starved to death to fit in the role for the movie, almost to the brink of being hospitalized.

Right after The Machinist, Bale turned 180 degrees to gain muscular weight to interpret BATMAN on Batman Begins. The guy is a true chameleon, much like DeNiro has been known for at the beginning of his career (see Al Capone , on UNTOUCHABLES)
Reservations at Dorsia ?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2007, 11:33:37 AM »
Your post only shows how well educated you are about fine movies and teh true art of acting. Bale is the new Bob de Niro of the industry.
Bateman is a character that every male can relate in a way or another, specially if you're in your late 20s to the beginning of your 30s and has a career going on.

When preparing for THE MACHINIST, Bale went on a very hardcore food regimen, he looked terrible, cadaveric to the fullest. He almost starved to death to fit in the role for the movie, almost to the brink of being hospitalized.

Right after The Machinist, Bale turned 180 degrees to gain muscular weight to interpret BATMAN on Batman Begins. The guy is a true chameleon, much like DeNiro has been known for at the beginning of his career (see Al Capone , on UNTOUCHABLES)

Yep, he says he was down to eating one apple a day, and after a couple weeks couldn't even eat an apple.  He just chain smoked.

I just read his interview in GQ.  Little known fact, he's British.  Guess it's not that little known.  Anyways, you guys should see Harsh Times, his latest.  He plays a wigger in the Bario (sp?).  Anyways, for any of you dudes that grew up in not so great neighborhoods, this guy should remind you of some of your friends.  Awesome accent in the movie.

I kinda think he gets shit on recognition wise, but from what i read on the nerd forums, the new Batman should solidify him as the best Batman of all time (i think Michael Keaton's got that spot now).

Anyways, who's interested in joining team Patrick Bateman?
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2007, 11:35:31 AM »
Deep Tissue Massage

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2007, 11:37:38 AM »
I would like to inform Power Rod that I've just received my DVD at home. I'll watch it right now in allegiance to my getbig borthers. And I would like to propose a motion to recognize AMERICAN PSYCHO the official getbig movie, a must for those that are being introduced in the fine art of owning, the cornerstone of this bulletin board!!

DISCUSS.

(This thread should be a sticky.)
Agreed-------------------Great F*CKING MoVie!!----------------------one that didnt do great intially but has become a cult hit and will live on as a classic long after 99% of the 200+ million $ movies that spit out now

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2007, 11:40:15 AM »
Agreed-------------------Great F*CKING MoVie!!----------------------one that didnt do great intially but has become a cult hit and will live on as a classic long after 99% of the 200+ million $ movies that spit out now

Indeed, it's kinda like Boondock Saints.  No one heard of it til it came out on tape.

Bale's best movies, in order:

1. American Psycho
2. Batman Begins
3. Equilibrium
4. Machinist
5. The Prestige
6. Harsh Times
7 . Empire of the Sun (he was the little kid in it)
Deep Tissue Massage

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2007, 11:46:41 AM »
READ THE BOOK you fuckin illiterates. The book is fantastic.  It goes into a lot more gory details than the movie did.  Some serious mental shit he pulls off with a tube and a rat.

Well put it this way.  He rams a large tub into a woman's twat and earlier that week he caught a giant NY sewer rat in his pad and caged it for this occasion.  He then sent the rat down the tube to munch on this woman.  It is vial.  She was so drugged up she didn't know what was happening.

Also the scene with the hookers gets very detailed about the rusty coat hanger and knives.  Great shit.

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2007, 11:56:58 AM »
Yep, he says he was down to eating one apple a day, and after a couple weeks couldn't even eat an apple.  He just chain smoked.

I just read his interview in GQ.  Little known fact, he's British.  Guess it's not that little known.  Anyways, you guys should see Harsh Times, his latest.  He plays a wigger in the Bario (sp?).  Anyways, for any of you dudes that grew up in not so great neighborhoods, this guy should remind you of some of your friends.  Awesome accent in the movie.

I kinda think he gets shit on recognition wise, but from what i read on the nerd forums, the new Batman should solidify him as the best Batman of all time (i think Michael Keaton's got that spot now).

Anyways, who's interested in joining team Patrick Bateman?

Hey, P.R., count me in!!! So, you get the HONORIS CAUSAE title of the Pat Bateman fraternity, and I'll be member number 2 of the team.

Also, AMERICAN PSYCHO should be declared the OFFICIAL GETBIG.COM BULLETIN BOARDS MOVIE. Power Rod, what you say? Mr. Avidan, could we have this mention on the site, please?

Also, P.R., what obligations we, as members of team bateman would have?
Reservations at Dorsia ?

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2007, 11:59:23 AM »
Indeed, it's kinda like Boondock Saints.  No one heard of it til it came out on tape.

1. American Psycho
2. Batman Begins
3. Equilibrium
4. Machinist
5. The Prestige
6. Harsh Times

Great list you have here for us, P.R. , good job!! I'm taking notes of the names, as I'm a big CHRISTIAN BALE fan. Thank you!!
Reservations at Dorsia ?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »
Hey, P.R., count me in!!! So, you get the HONORIS CAUSAE title of the Pat Bateman fraternity, and I'll be member number 2 of the team.

Also, AMERICAN PSYCHO should be declared the OFFICIAL GETBIG.COM BULLETIN BOARDS MOVIE. Power Rod, what you say? Mr. Avidan, could we have this mention on the site, please?

Also, P.R., what obligations we, as members of team bateman would have?

well, just get a patrick bateman avatar and quote one of his lines in the sig with the mandatory "Team Patrick Bateman" heading, like I'm about to do.
Deep Tissue Massage

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2007, 12:04:29 PM »
Team Bateman sounds like a great idea...
You Can't Do It!!!

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2007, 12:06:16 PM »
well, just get a patrick bateman avatar and quote one of his lines in the sig with the mandatory "Team Patrick Bateman" heading, like I'm about to do.

Pardon me, buddy, but i never figured out how to cut and paste a figure form the net for my avatar. A little help in here, please?
Reservations at Dorsia ?

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »
I would like to have that SUSSUDIO pic that someone posted at page 3 or 4 of this thread. How can i??
Reservations at Dorsia ?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2007, 12:07:15 PM »
Team Bateman sounds like a great idea...

yes, it won't be one of those "owning" groups, just a group that has an appreciation for finer things in life, such as "bone" business cards.
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2007, 12:08:42 PM »
I would like to have that SUSSUDIO pic that someone posted at page 3 or 4 of this thread. How can i??

click on "profile" up top , then under "modify profile" it says something like "modify profile information", then under avatars select, "i have my own" or something like that, then copy this:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/bart1001/sussudio.jpg

it should show up.
Deep Tissue Massage

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2007, 12:12:31 PM »
yes, it won't be one of those "owning" groups, just a group that has an appreciation for finer things in life, such as "bone" business cards.

Got ya covered on the "bone business card" lol
You Can't Do It!!!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2007, 12:15:10 PM »
Got ya covered on the "bone business card" lol

Lol, nice.  Team Patrick Bateman has doubled in size in mere minutes.  Imagine what'll happen by the end of the day!!
Deep Tissue Massage

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2007, 12:15:32 PM »

1. American Psycho
2. Batman Begins
3. Equilibrium
4. Machinist
5. The Prestige
6. Harsh Times
all of his movies are awesome.empire of the sun is one of his best movies
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2007, 12:16:40 PM »

in the interview he said he kept fucking up and Spielberg kept getting pissed off cuz he had to do so many takes, but he thought he was perfect for the role, so he stuck it out.

Worked out in the end.
Deep Tissue Massage

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2007, 12:16:45 PM »
...is that a watermark?
X

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2007, 12:17:19 PM »
...is that a watermark?

you are fat.  Patrick would not approve of you.
Deep Tissue Massage

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2007, 12:17:38 PM »

Bale has made a few "fruity" independent films too, but it only shows is versatility to be honest...
You Can't Do It!!!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2007, 12:19:04 PM »
in the interview he said he kept fucking up and Spielberg kept getting pissed off cuz he had to do so many takes, but he thought he was perfect for the role, so he stuck it out.

Worked out in the end.
hey have you seen reign of fire?..that movie was also really cool
here are some of bales up coming movies
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000288/
RATM RULZ THE WORLD