Author Topic: so it happened again, spoiler in thread subject line and no mods to do anything  (Read 8087 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
There's allready a rule that says Spoilers is not acceptable, so there's no need to discuss that. On that we agree.

Problem is that the mods are not doing their job.

Chute, rather than deal with the problem try to blame it on me - he seems to think that spoilers is not a problem as long as everyone in Czech Republic goes out in the middle of the night to find a bar that shows it  ::)

Scimowser, rather than dealing with it tells everybody to fuck off a few days everytime there's a fight (UFC, TUF, Fight Night, K-1 Max, Pride, K-1, Boxing etc etc)

There's two ways to deal with it - one is to make it clear that is not acceptable and that whoever posts Spoilers will be punished.
Two is to have mods that actually are online the day of the fight/after the fight.

None of this has been done so far by any of the present mods who apparantely are the wrong ones for the job.
Z

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
Well Bluto,

You certainly can't mod this particular forum. Because in doing so, you would have to remove the very spoilers you're bitching about therefore exposing yourself to them and making your problem even worse!

Just thought I'd point that out.  :D
The answer is "yes".

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Well Bluto,

You certainly can't mod this particular forum. Because in doing so, you would have to remove the very spoilers you're bitching about therefore exposing yourself to them and making your problem even worse!

Just thought I'd point that out.  :D

Yes I've thought about that, but I reckon people will respect me more than the current mods and don't post them in the first place. And we can always add one more mod to be the watch dog on days of an event to delete threads if that would be necessary.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
just a thought, but why dont you stay OFF the forum like i do for 2 days, watch the fights and then rejoin with your opinions on them?

He can't. He spent 19 straight hours on this site a couple days ago. It's the only thing he's got going in his life. So he'd rather sit here and bitch about instead of finding a bar or a place to go watch it. I mean, after 17 years of cage fighting, you think he would know better than to go to an MMA forum 48 hours after a fight and expect people to not be discussing it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
He can't. He spent 19 straight hours on this site a couple days ago. It's the only thing he's got going in his life. So he'd rather sit here and bitch about instead of finding a bar or a place to go watch it. I mean, after 17 years of cage fighting, you think he would know better than to go to an MMA forum 48 hours after a fight and expect people to not be discussing it.

Spoilers are a no-no on this board, and every other MMA board I can think of. Basically you and theshadow are the only ones that think Spoilers are ok. No idea why, because eventually it will affect anyone since a lot of fights that hit the net comes from all over the world and you couldn't possibly have the chance to see them live no matter where you live.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
Spoilers are a no-no on this board, and every other MMA board I can think of. Basically you and theshadow are the only ones that think Spoilers are ok. No idea why, because eventually it will affect anyone since a lot of fights that hit the net comes from all over the world and you couldn't possibly have the chance to see them live no matter where you live.

I never said they're ok. But to expect that 48 hours after one of the biggest fights in the history of MMA that no one will be talking about is foolish. Remember all the shit you talked about me not flying across the country to watch an event? You can't even drive to a bar to watch it. You've been cage fighting for 17 years and still bitch about this. Get over it. Here's an idea. Don't come to Getbig or the other MMA boards until you've watched it. The fights were up on Dailymotion within 3 hours of the event, and yet it's 48 hours later and you still haven't watched them. Some fan you are.  ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
I never said they're ok. But to expect that 48 hours after one of the biggest fights in the history of MMA that no one will be talking about is foolish. Remember all the shit you talked about me not flying across the country to watch an event? You can't even drive to a bar to watch it. You've been cage fighting for 17 years and still bitch about this. Get over it. Here's an idea. Don't come to Getbig or the other MMA boards until you've watched it. The fights were up on Dailymotion within 3 hours of the event, and yet it's 48 hours later and you still haven't watched them. Some fan you are.  ::)

#1 It's not an isolated thing, it happens all the time. And there's all kinds of fights and shows all the time.
#2 There's NO bars showing MMA - EVER - where I live, and surely not in the middle of the night (we're many hours ahead of the US)

Hope this helps.
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
I reckon people will respect me more than the current mods

Not after this.....
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=151045.0
Predictions
 40/61

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
#1 It's not an isolated thing, it happens all the time. And there's all kinds of fights and shows all the time.
#2 There's NO bars showing MMA - EVER - where I live, and surely not in the middle of the night (we're many hours ahead of the US)

Hope this helps.
Where the fuck do you live? Pakistan?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
I'd have to agree with Bluto. I 've had two UFC events spoiled for me. Yes i download them for free but there are some other MMA sites that delete /ban posters who violate the "no spoilers" rule.  Its like that retard kid who sees a movie first and can't wait to shoot his mouth off about it.

Although i'm a fan I rarely download the whole event minutes after it happens unless its a fight i absolutely must see. Like most people I have other stuff to do which take priority over (as much as I enjoy them)UFC events. More often that not I just have it on my hard drive until i clear up some time to watch it - but thats my problem.  I've learned the hard way to steer clear of this thread at least for a couple of days. Even that didnt help - after the crocop fight a retard posted the result on the news/gossip section.

I do understand that Mods cant be on here 24hrs a day weeding out the retards who cant wait to rush to the internet to brag about how right their predictions (hah) were. Why not ban the repeat offenders - that'll send the message across to others.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
This sounds like communism. Should we wait until every schlub illegally downloads the fights before we can discuss it? That could take forever. It's appeal to the lowest common denominator. If you can't buy the paperview too bad. You should pay for it and support the sport you love. People know the spoilers are here. Stay away from this website for a few days. The situation is simple.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
Post spoilers in a separate section - that way those who have seen the match can discuss it to their hearts content.

my only gripe is - dont post the result of the fight on the subject line. It's that simple. You can start a post with something like Liddell Vs jackson spolier/result or simply as Liddell Vs jackson., etc.  I'm not suggesting holding off a discussion until everyone has seen it but just exercising a bit of courtesy.

In any case I do stay away from this thread until I have seen the event. Learnt that the hard way.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Not after this.....
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=151045.0

I'm sure bigger names than me in MMA had their money on Chuck for this fight, so it's no biggie. Got have gone either way.
I wonder how many time an expert like you thought the guy in your avatar would win? When he ended up on the canvas (and the hospital even)  ::)
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Where the fuck do you live? Pakistan?

Europe. But it doesn't matter - there's plenty of fights that don't air in the US and cannot be seen on american bars, so telling someone to go out to a bar is a worthless advice.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
This sounds like communism. Should we wait until every schlub illegally downloads the fights before we can discuss it? That could take forever. It's appeal to the lowest common denominator. If you can't buy the paperview too bad. You should pay for it and support the sport you love. People know the spoilers are here. Stay away from this website for a few days. The situation is simple.

Yeah rules on a msg board sounds like communism  ::)

I'm not surprised you have this opinion, your thread "Never doubt me!!!!!! I'm ALWAYS right!" is pretty much a spoiler too, if people have followed your discussion before the fight.

And as I've said allready - too many fights to stay clear of. But I agree with you that the situation is simple - people like you get banned and that's the end of it.
Z

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
The headline was on espn for crying out loud.  Ok, take it off the boards, just watch espn boys.  You will never have to sign in again.  Grow up...who cares.  MMA is so close to main stream it's unreal.  In Vegas you just watch the news and it's all over the 10 o'clock.  If you don't want to know who won, then don't sign on for "48hrs"... ::)!  Oh, and don't watch tv or talk to your friends either...for "48hrs"! ::)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
right, listen you fucking moaning twat. If anyone has the right to be banned from here it is YOU! So stick your 550 posts or whatever up your arse and set them on fire. Youve probably made 50+ posts fucking MOANING ENDLESSLY about the same boring shit.

You take my words out of context and try to make me look bad, where do you get off doing that? Such a fucking big man on the internet arent you. All i suggested was that if you dont get the chance to see the PPV - well you are a cheap little bastard - then stay off this forum for 2 days or so to give you a chance of watching it without coming across any spoilers. It was a valid suggestion as it is what i do, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you cant just tear yourself away from here for a few hours can you? Does this place mean so much to you? Do you think people hold you in high esteem?

Take a run - a looooooooooooong fucking run and then jump off the highest cliff you can find. Shout your little "meltdown" reply all you like, but im sick of coming on here and seeing you bitch and moan about everything because you are a bitter little girl. Get off, go onto your little e-board and have one of your groupies wank you off til the cows come home. As far as i concerned you do not do anything to contribute, you cause problems and for that you are no longer welcome here. But hey, thats just MY opinion.
Scouser on Tour

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Ouch! That was a massive meltdown but I'll try to answer your questions:

All i suggested was that if you dont get the chance to see the PPV - well you are a cheap little bastard - then stay off this forum for 2 days or so to give you a chance of watching it without coming across any spoilers. It was a valid suggestion as it is what i do, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you cant just tear yourself away from here for a few hours can you?

Actually it wasn't a valid suggestion as I've allready mention there's numerous fights happening all the time - for example UFC, Pride, TUF, Fightnight, K-1, K-1 Max etc. and to suggest that people leave the board every other day just because you don't get no respect and are unable to enforce your own set of rules is not a solution.

Does this place mean so much to you? Do you think people hold you in high esteem?

Sure it does. And I'm surprised it doesn't do to you? Maybe you should step down as a mod or leave alltogther if you don't care so much for this place?

You seem really upset.
Z

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
your main beef is with the UFC spoilers, forget K-1, TUF (why do you even bother mentioning that) etc because i doubt you sit in anticipation for these PPVs - unless youre awaiting them to be uploaded onto youtube. Infact the TUF part i can believe!

As for me stepping down, why should i? If alot of people on here have a problem with me i would like to think they would have the decency to come out with it. yes i care about this board, otherwise i wouldnt be on here trying to keep it flowing with meaningful posts but you have gone way over the line. Its because i care about this board im angry. I rarely go on any other board here. Thats not to say i depend no this board to survive like some people, i could happily stay away for a while if necessary but you seem to have a need to be on here.

Infact, of the 4 mods here i would like to think that i contribute the most, along with Chutebox. He certainly knows the specifics of MMA and as i said previously he has an eerie knack for predicting the outcome of a fight. You seem to question everybody because you are pissed at the fact you arent a mod here. Stop being so fucking bitter and either be a part of this place or stay away
Scouser on Tour

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
your main beef is with the UFC spoilers, forget K-1, TUF (why do you even bother mentioning that) etc because i doubt you sit in anticipation for these PPVs - unless youre awaiting them to be uploaded onto youtube. Infact the TUF part i can believe!

By mentioning a number of events I clearly show that spoilers itself is the problem. I and a number of people doesn't think it's cool. You seem to agree since you made a sticky about it not being accepted.

So on this we agree. No need to discuss it further.

What's left to discuss is that you (along with the rest of the mods) failed to do something about it. You've had many months to deal with it and done nothing about it. This is a fact.

As for me stepping down, why should i? If alot of people on here have a problem with me i would like to think they would have the decency to come out with it.

Because of the above. And people obviously doesn't respect you or they wouldn't keep posting spoiler after spoiler, month after month. You say one thing - they do another. What's the point of having mods and rules if a) the mods doesn't do anything and b) the rules are not followed? Feel free to explain that one. I can't wait.

Infact, of the 4 mods here i would like to think that i contribute the most, along with Chutebox. He certainly knows the specifics of MMA and as i said previously he has an eerie knack for predicting the outcome of a fight. You seem to question everybody because you are pissed at the fact you arent a mod here. Stop being so fucking bitter and either be a part of this place or stay away

I'm not the one questioning contributions to the board - you are - when you falsly say that I don't contribute when the fact is I've been here as long as anyone and posted as much as anyone. Why you would embarass yourself and lie I don't know. But it's interesting you feel you need to mention how much you and Chutebox contribute, apparantely you think that's what is important for a mod? In that case, since I've contributed far more than MS or Diesel1 does that mean I automatically replace them both?

Is it because of Hedgehogs knowledge of Gossip that he's a mod on the Gossip board, or is it because as a mod he does a great job?

You think about that for a minute. You seem to be confused.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
The funniest thing is that Dailymotion had every fight from this event within 3 hours of it. To have not watched the event for 48 hours after it is laughable.

By mentioning a number of events I clearly show that spoilers itself is the problem. I and a number of people doesn't think it's cool. You seem to agree since you made a sticky about it not being accepted.

So on this we agree. No need to discuss it further.

What's left to discuss is that you (along with the rest of the mods) failed to do something about it. You've had many months to deal with it and done nothing about it. This is a fact.

Because of the above. And people obviously doesn't respect you or they wouldn't keep posting spoiler after spoiler, month after month. You say one thing - they do another. What's the point of having mods and rules if a) the mods doesn't do anything and b) the rules are not followed? Feel free to explain that one. I can't wait.

I'm not the one questioning contributions to the board - you are - when you falsly say that I don't contribute when the fact is I've been here as long as anyone and posted as much as anyone. Why you would embarass yourself and lie I don't know. But it's interesting you feel you need to mention how much you and Chutebox contribute, apparantely you think that's what is important for a mod? In that case, since I've contributed far more than MS or Diesel1 does that mean I automatically replace them both?

Is it because of Hedgehogs knowledge of Gossip that he's a mod on the Gossip board, or is it because as a mod he does a great job?

You think about that for a minute. You seem to be confused.

As you would say....too long, not reading that bitchfest. You're like a kid.

As much as I could care less if Chuteboxe were to get run over by a bus, he does contribute to this board a lot more than you. You've been cage fighting for 17 years (supposedly) and have yet to contribute one worthwhile thing to this board that can't be copy pasted from any other MMA forum. Nice job.

Oh yeah, Scimowser's alright, I guess.  ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
As much as I could care less if Chuteboxe were to get run over by a bus, he does contribute to this board a lot more than you. You've been cage fighting for 17 years (supposedly) and have yet to contribute one worthwhile thing to this board that can't be copy pasted from any other MMA forum. Nice job.

Oh yeah, Scimowser's alright, I guess.  ;D

That's not the issue. Try to stick to the subject.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
That's not the issue. Try to stick to the subject.

The subject's not really an issue. You choose to come look at this board on your own free will before watching the fights. It's your fault that you end up running into spoilers. The fights are up within hours on Dailymotion and other sites, so you really have no excuse to not have seen them before you come here.

I don't agree with them but I know it's my fault for going on an MMA board after an event and expecting not to see spoilers. It happens everywhere, not just here.

You're just a whiny bitch who will never get moderator on here. Hope this helps.

I'm hoping someone decides to ruin every event from here on out for you.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
when i logged on i deleted whatever spoilers were there, theres nothing more i can do than that FFS. As for embarrassing myself, please elaborate on that as you have just made an arse of yourself for posting that!

How many of your recent posts are worthwhile, and how many are nothing but bitching and bullshit? You contribute nothing and act like a spoiled twat so it is you that should be embarrassed! Also please learn English you illiterate twat

Cheere BF, ill take that as an enormous compliment coming from you
Scouser on Tour