Author Topic: Do you drink fat free milk??  (Read 7633 times)

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
Do you drink fat free milk??
« on: May 29, 2007, 01:31:53 PM »
Or give out bad 'advices' to your children  ??

dicuss bizatches..
The Number 2 in Scranton

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: Do you drink fat free milk??
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »
I rarely drink milk anymore.
$

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:02:23 PM »
No milk,milk is for babies...men drink beer.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 02:03:31 PM »
Milk is the best food around for building mass.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 02:03:47 PM »
Drink malk, it's much better for you.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »
I give the wrong advices.
X

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 02:28:46 PM »
Milk is garbage unless it's raw milk.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:55:29 AM »
I usually will have a 1 scoop protein, 1 cup skim milk w/ sugary cereal, and some other carb source pwo.  Contrary to popular belief, casein shows clinically superior results than whey pwo.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 12:09:01 PM »
  Pasteurization exposes milk to very high temperatures. This exposure renders the milk’s amino acids, vitamins, calcium and many other minerals/trace minerals virtually useless and unavailable to the body. There is now also evidence that the heating process alters the milk sugar (lactose) making it more available to the body, suggesting the strong link between avid processed milk drinkers and diabetes.
 Finally, pasteurization destroys all of milk’s natural enzymes. These enzymes were there originally to help the body assimilate all of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients previously mentioned, including calcium. This is the reason why you can drink all the processed milk you want and not only still develop osteoporosis but perhaps encourage it!
 Homogenization is no help either. This is the process that forces fat particles through tiny strainers under great pressure so as to make them small enough that they remain suspended and thus, do not rise to the top. Because homogenized fats are much more susceptible to rancidity and oxidation, they have recently been linked to heart disease. Homogenization has also been found to cause incomplete protein digestion in the small intestine, leading to milk allergy and intolerance.
 The same can be said for virtually all processed dairy products (i.e., cheese, yogurt, butter, cream, etc.). Many of them are packed with other chemicals such as emulsifiers, extenders, phosphates and hydrogenated oils and should be completely avoided as well. If you eat dairy, eat it organic and/or raw or not at all.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 05:04:50 PM »
  Pasteurization exposes milk to very high temperatures. This exposure renders the milk’s amino acids, vitamins, calcium and many other minerals/trace minerals virtually useless and unavailable to the body. There is now also evidence that the heating process alters the milk sugar (lactose) making it more available to the body, suggesting the strong link between avid processed milk drinkers and diabetes.
 Finally, pasteurization destroys all of milk’s natural enzymes. These enzymes were there originally to help the body assimilate all of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients previously mentioned, including calcium. This is the reason why you can drink all the processed milk you want and not only still develop osteoporosis but perhaps encourage it!
 Homogenization is no help either. This is the process that forces fat particles through tiny strainers under great pressure so as to make them small enough that they remain suspended and thus, do not rise to the top. Because homogenized fats are much more susceptible to rancidity and oxidation, they have recently been linked to heart disease. Homogenization has also been found to cause incomplete protein digestion in the small intestine, leading to milk allergy and intolerance.
 The same can be said for virtually all processed dairy products (i.e., cheese, yogurt, butter, cream, etc.). Many of them are packed with other chemicals such as emulsifiers, extenders, phosphates and hydrogenated oils and should be completely avoided as well. If you eat dairy, eat it organic and/or raw or not at all.

Where did you get this info from mate, I ask because i do drink about a 1/2 liter of slim milk a day with shakes etc. I'd be willing to go to water but I always thought I was getting more benefit from having the milk with it?

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »
Where did you get this info from mate, I ask because i do drink about a 1/2 liter of slim milk a day with shakes etc. I'd be willing to go to water but I always thought I was getting more benefit from having the milk with it?

You can go to:
www.mercola.com
www.realmilk.com

Read: The Untold Story of Milk by Ron Schmid
or
Milk the Deadly Poison by Robert Cohen

The pasteurization process also:
   * Promotes rancidity of unsaturated fatty acids.
    * Destroys vitamins. Vitamin C loss is usually more than 50%, while the loss of other water soluble vitamins can be as high as 80%, and Vitamin B12 is totally destroyed.
    * Reduces availability of minerals such as Ca, Cl, Mg, P, K, Na and S.
    * May alter lactose, making it more readily absorbable (aiding in lactose intolerance).
    * Puts unnecessary strain on the pancreas to produce digestive enzymes, which may be why milk consumption has been linked to diabetes.
    * Destroys all enzymes, making Ca from milk difficult to absorb.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 07:36:22 PM »
I usually will have a 1 scoop protein, 1 cup skim milk w/ sugary cereal, and some other carb source pwo.  Contrary to popular belief, casein shows clinically superior results than whey pwo.

Things you should consider in light of the frequent use of casein in protein powder and protein bar supplements are:
    * Some people are allergic to casein, which is one of the most difficult proteins for the body to digest.
    * Butter and cream contain little lactose or casein.
    * Fermented or soured butter and cream are easier to digest.
    * Casein has also been found to act as an enzyme inhibitor.
    There was an article published on www.mercola.com (Discover Magazine 8/00 by Dr. T. Colin Campbell) that expressed some concerns regarding casein consumption. Campbell conducted a series of experiments at Cornell University and Virginia Tech that found rats given a brief initial exposure to aflatoxin, a carcinogen produced by mold growth, tended to develop liver cancer when fed casein, the main protein in milk. “We could turn on or turn off the cancer growth by increasing or decreasing the amount of casein.” Campbell also did research by feeding casein to rats (15-20% of their diet - by weight - from casein). He found that the threshold amount of casein required for switching on tumor growth averaged around 10% of the diet.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 09:22:12 PM »
Cheers D I'm gona have a bit of a look at those sites  :).

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 09:42:55 PM »

So, is organic milk not pasteurized or homogenized, or does it just mean that it's produced without synthetic chemicals, hormones or antibiotics?
:

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 03:52:28 AM »

So, is organic milk not pasteurized or homogenized, or does it just mean that it's produced without synthetic chemicals, hormones or antibiotics?

It " supposedly" means it's made without any chemicals, hormones and antibiotics but it is still pasteurized. Anything sold in stores; dairy or juice must be pasteurized.
http://www.mercola.com/blog/2005/nov/10/any_difference_between_organic_pasteurized_milk
In California, you can get Raw Milk and Raw Milk products in the store.
Horizon was just busted for false practices:
http://v.mercola.com/blogs/public_blog/The-Deception-Behind--quot-Organic-quot--Milk-9444.aspx

To find raw milk in your area, look here:
http://www.realmilk.com/where1.html

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 06:14:19 AM »
Milk/Dairy has no place for human consumption, milk is designed for baby cows, mothers milk is designed for humans.  There's a reason too that we are weened at toddler years.  It gave us what we needed, antibodies from infection, fatty acids for brain and eye development, and calories and other nutrients to make us grow.  Dairy also causes an abundance of mucous in GI tract.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 07:32:46 AM »
I've heard go things about Soy Milk, but I've never tried it

does it taste good?

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 07:54:16 AM »

does it taste good?

I like it. It is lower in sugar and calories than milk and has more protein.

I've also heard that sunlight destroys a lot of the nutrients hence why you should only buy it in the cardboard or solid plastic (non-see through) containers.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 08:13:21 AM »
I like it. It is lower in sugar and calories than milk and has more protein.

I've also heard that sunlight destroys a lot of the nutrients hence why you should only buy it in the cardboard or solid plastic (non-see through) containers.

cool

so THAT'S why the milk i bought the other day had the big "Sunproof container" text on it, i was wondering what that meant

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 08:28:36 AM »

does it taste good?

I know I am going to get a lot of slack about this but
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! DO NOT EAT SOY!!
I CAN NOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH HOW BAD IT IS FOR YOU!!
SOY IS NOT HEALTHY FOR YOU!!!!
IT'S THE MOST MARKETED " HEALTH" PRODUCT OUT THERE!!

It is loaded with phyto-estrogens which is an estrogen hormone. It's a trypsin inhibitor, meaning it prevents protein to be broken down in your body. Soy foods can cause deficiencies in calcium and vitamin D.The isoflavones are phyto-endocrine disrupters. At dietary levels, they can prevent ovulation and stimulate the growth of cancer cells. Eating as little as 30 grams (about 4 tablespoons) of soy per day can result in hypothyroidism with symptoms of lethargy, constipation, weight gain and fatigue.
I can go on about this but if you need info, PM me or ask me here.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 08:32:55 AM »
Milk/Dairy has no place for human consumption, milk is designed for baby cows, mothers milk is designed for humans.  There's a reason too that we are weened at toddler years.  It gave us what we needed, antibodies from infection, fatty acids for brain and eye development, and calories and other nutrients to make us grow.  Dairy also causes an abundance of mucous in GI tract.

Well said.
It only causes musous if it's pasteurized though, which everyone is drinking by the way.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 09:08:13 AM »
I know I am going to get a lot of slack about this but
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! DO NOT EAT SOY!!
I CAN NOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH HOW BAD IT IS FOR YOU!!
SOY IS NOT HEALTHY FOR YOU!!!!
IT'S THE MOST MARKETED " HEALTH" PRODUCT OUT THERE!!

It is loaded with phyto-estrogens which is an estrogen hormone. It's a trypsin inhibitor, meaning it prevents protein to be broken down in your body. Soy foods can cause deficiencies in calcium and vitamin D.The isoflavones are phyto-endocrine disrupters. At dietary levels, they can prevent ovulation and stimulate the growth of cancer cells. Eating as little as 30 grams (about 4 tablespoons) of soy per day can result in hypothyroidism with symptoms of lethargy, constipation, weight gain and fatigue.
I can go on about this but if you need info, PM me or ask me here.

whoa. PM sent

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 12:47:43 PM »
I discovered I was allergic to Soy,,,,had to be rushed to hospital because throat was closing up...scary scary shit, I drank 8 oz...next thing my throat starts itching real bad. drank water, itching getting worse, more water, breathing is funny, more water, nose starts flaring due to lungs working overtime,  Ambulance picks me up at my work (embarrassing as shit).   I totally stay away from any nut milks, rice milk, etc.  If I do have a craving for cereal I'll put Apple juice or white grape juice, although it goes better with shredded wheat than say trix or honey smacks.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 10:29:53 AM »
Dr. D.  You said it's fine to drink Organi milk but isn't organic milk subjected to the same BS regular milk is?  Wouldn't the bioavailability be zilch?

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 10:42:17 AM »
Dr. D.  You said it's fine to drink Organi milk but isn't organic milk subjected to the same BS regular milk is?  Wouldn't the bioavailability be zilch?

I meant you should drink only Raw, Organic Milk...my error with the post.Thanks for pointing that out.
Yes, the bio-availibilty would be zilch now matter if you are drinking regular or organic milk that has been pasteurized.