Author Topic: Why was Bush AGAINST the Dept of Homeland Security and the 9-11 commission?  (Read 1884 times)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
I find it interesting that a president who claims to be protecting Americans........was for the Arabs protecting our Shipping Ports and against the formation of the Dept. Homeland Security as well as the 9-11 commission.

Can someone help clarify Bush's reasoning?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
How quickly people forget.  :'(

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
I find it interesting that a president who claims to be protecting Americans........was for the Arabs protecting our Shipping Ports and against the formation of the Dept. Homeland Security as well as the 9-11 commission.

Easily.  :-\

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit

He wants to make government smaller to the point that he is the only one running it. Of course, what it really means is that he wants to make it small so that he gets to pass his autocratic mandates without any question, his amigos in Corporation USA get to pay no taxes and the lower classes are basically left to the mercy of the "free" market.

Having said this, and to answer your question, I'd be inclined to think that Bush is neither seeking the truth (boicotting the 09/11 comission) nor the security of Americans (outsourcing port management to an arab company). We know this though. It's old news. And yet had he run again he probably would've won. He would've won because Americans still want blood, not because the Democrats are pussies.

We're being played like our granparents were played in Pearl Harbor, or our gran-gran-parents were exploded to pieces in the Maine incident. There is a clear pattern of intentionality on the part of the powers that be that somehow translates from "no, we want no part of it" to us bombing the fuck out of anyone (us entering WWII, war agains Spain, etc). 

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
I agree with some of what you said, but Pearl Harbour really come on  ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve

The UAE is a great ally of ours and probably could have been trusted to run the port thing...suprising how you libs that call everyone else racist stereotyped all Arabs on that one

We don't need any more damn departments, we could have made changes or added people to existing departments that could so just as much as the DHS

I'm not familiar with your reference to 9/11 commission
gotta love life

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
The UAE is a great ally of ours and probably could have been trusted to run the port thing. I'm not familiar with your reference to 9/11 commission

So, your not familiar with Bush being against the formation of the 9-11 commision?

It only figures........the LOWLY 27%ers have selective memories. Bush was also against HOMELAND SECURITY........can we imagine if the  Dems were against Homeland Security, the 9-11 commision and for the Arabs to secure our ports?

Your response should be quite COMICAL.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
So, your not familiar with Bush being against the formation of the 9-11 commision?

It only figures........the LOWLY 27%ers have selective memories. Bush was also against HOMELAND SECURITY........can we imagine if the  Dems were against Homeland Security, the 9-11 commision and for the Arabs to secure our ports?

Your response should be quite COMICAL.

hey clown, this isn't a political issue...UAE is our ally no matter who wanted them to run the port deal....no I don't know about the 9/11 commission and it has nothing to do with backing Bush..I have said I am ready for him to leave also, but we can't leave Iraq....and I wish the dems would have been against another department...we don't need more government
gotta love life

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
hey clown, this isn't a political issue...UAE is our ally no matter who wanted them to run the port deal....no I don't know about the 9/11 commission and it has nothing to do with backing Bush..I have said I am ready for him to leave also, but we can't leave Iraq....and I wish the dems would have been against another department...we don't need more government

Bush was against the formation of the 9-11 commision and against the formation of the Dept of Homeland Security.

Those are facts.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
CRICKETS

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
The UAE is a great ally of ours and probably could have been trusted to run the port thing...suprising how you libs that call everyone else racist stereotyped all Arabs on that one

This is a great point, mm69. Thanks.

The company that was going to get the port deal was actually a multi-national corporation. Funny to me how certain people whine about the Patriot act, yet discriminate when it comes to business. Makes you think people like Schumer and Hillary Clinton(the two most heavily opposed to the deal) really think.. They just aim to please and don't believe in anything they say.

The democratic party is as big a joke as the republican party.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
This is a great point, mm69. Thanks.

The company that was going to get the port deal was actually a multi-national corporation. Funny to me how certain people whine about the Patriot act, yet discriminate when it comes to business. Makes you think people like Schumer and Hillary Clinton(the two most heavily opposed to the deal) really think.. They just aim to please and don't believe in anything they say.

The democratic party is as big a joke as the republican party.

Truer words have never been spoken. The Dems just aren't as Pro War as the Repubs but ultimately they're just as bad.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Fuck both parties man.. I'd go on another rant but i'm drunk as fuck

The Coach

Fuck both parties man.. I'd go on another rant but i'm drunk as fuck

Are you and ieffincardio must be drinking the same thing :D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...

Yeah, libonade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D
S

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V

Perhaps you can join him in a beverage, make yours a fish oil cocktail. Should be self explanatory, if not have another.

It's interesting Mr. Hate that in a thread outlining your hero's dislike for the Dept. of Homeland Security and the 9/11 Commission you mention nothing about it.

Not even a peep about your boy. Shocking.

BTW, I liked the "libonade" quip. That was pretty funny.  ;D

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
Yeah, libonade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

Good one !!!  ;D

The Enigma

• Getbig IV

It's interesting Mr. Hate that in a thread outlining your hero's dislike for the Dept. of Homeland Security and the 9/11 Commission you mention nothing about it.

Jeff, that's Mr Hate's M.O.  Ignore the facts, and hopefully no one will notice.

One problem, YOU always notice.  :D

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
I still don't think we needed a DOHS....don't we have that already? The military? I mean think of how much money we could have saved by simply beefing up the military numbers instead of creating a whole new department.......As far as the 9/11 comission I haven't read enough about that to form aan opinion, nor do I care to...
gotta love life