Author Topic: 30 billion dollars worth of US tax payer money down the gutter! >:(  (Read 4032 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Bush is asking congress for 30 billion to fight aids in Africa.. WTF! Since when is it the responsibility of Americans to save people from other nations?

More importantly, we're really not gonna help those people in long run.. We're just slowning down Darwinism.

Another example of the president and congress, dems and repugs, failing the american people.
Here's the full AP article:

WASHINGTON - President Bush urged Congress on Wednesday to authorize an additional $30 billion to fight AIDS in Africa over five years, doubling the current U.S. commitment.

The money would provide treatment for 2.5 million people under the President's Emergency Program for AIDS Relief, Bush said.

Through March 31, the program has supported treatment for 1.1 million people in 15 countries, including more than 1 million in Africa, he said. The program's original five-year mandate, which called for spending $15 billion, expires in September 2008 and Bush asked Congress to renew it.

"When I took office, an        HIV diagnosis in Africa's poorest communities was usually a death sentence. Parents watched their babies die needlessly because local clinics lacked effective treatments," the president said. "Once again, the generosity of the American people is one of the great untold stories of our time."

White House press secretary Tony Snow said the specific goals for the next five years — after Bush leaves office — call for treatment of 2.5 million people, prevention of more than 12 million new infections and the care of more than 12 million people, including 5 million orphans and children.

The president said the money "this money will be spent wisely," in nations where it can have the greatest possible impact and be sustainable.

Bush also announced that his wife, Laura, will visit four African countries — Zambia, Mali, Mozambique and Senegal — that have benefited from the U.S. program and report back to him on her findings. The trip will take place June 25-29.

The president's announcement comes before next week's annual summit of industrialized nations in Heiligendamm, Germany. Germany is pledging to make Africa a central issue and is calling for more aid, further debt relief and improved financial oversight.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
My solution to this problem...
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
S

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Charity begins at home.

How many people can 30 billion help here in the US?

How many scholarships, roads, water treatment etc....? 

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
I wonder which Christian groups will get this money to spread their abstinence-only message.  Or is the money more ear-marked to pay full price to the pharmaceutical companies that contributed to his campaign?  Rest assured American nationalists, don't think for a second that Bush is "giving" money to people in need.
Stick out your tongue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Since your such a bleeding heart..why don't u go over and make sure that the money is spent wisely.
L

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
Charity begins at home.

How many people can 30 billion help here in the US?

How many scholarships, roads, water treatment etc....? 

Exactly! Fund the fucking schools, help ease the national debt and give tax rebates before you decide to fund some lost cause.

I don't mean to be racist and I think philanthopy is a good deed when done on an individual level. BUT I don't want my tax dollars and the dollars of my fellow Americans being thrown down the gutter for a lost cause.  :(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Africa is worse then we can imagine..30 billion will line the pockets of some asshole over there...it never gets to the people who need it. As for pharmaceutical companies, if they didn't do what they do, we all still be dying from crap like small pox and polio.
L

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
As for pharmaceutical companies, if they didn't do what they do, we all still be dying from crap like small pox and polio.

I'm glad to see you're consistent.  You defended the profiteering of the oil companies and now you defend the profiteering of the pharmaceutical companies.  You really do belong in Bush's army!
Stick out your tongue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Actually i joined Bush Sr's Marines..suffered through Clintons' god knows' crusade to save Eastern Europe while turning the Services into a social experiment and now I'm enjoying watching Bush or more accurately Rumsfeld..shitcan whats left. We're a capitalist society..it makes me feel warm and fuzz inside.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
Re: 30 billion dollars worth of US tax payer money down the gutter! >:(
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 12:39:40 PM »
Africa is worse then we can imagine..30 billion will line the pockets of some asshole over there...it never gets to the people who need it. As for pharmaceutical companies, if they didn't do what they do, we all still be dying from crap like small pox and polio.

That's not exactly true about pharmaceutical companies.   they are in the game for a profit an are not above putting themselves in a situation where they can get a HUGE profit with shady actions.   this looks like one of them.  Also, the price they charge for medicine when you can get the same stuff in other countries cheaper reeks of manipulating the systems and our politics.  They have a giant lobby in Washington.  They force feed doctors to prescribe medicine unnecessarily such a Ritalin, or the latest anti biotic or what ever.

Pharmaceutical companies CAN do business honorably and ethically providing medicine at a reasonable price and still affording them a reasonable profit.

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »
it makes me feel warm and fuzz inside.

I have a hard time believing you are capable of feeling warm and fuzzy.  If there is a spark of that there, perhaps you can grow it into a sense of empathy for others.  I know that's difficult for a soldier.  You've repeatedly demonstrated how you dehumanize Iraqis.
Stick out your tongue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 12:42:46 PM »
Agreed but that won't happen..they do enough.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 12:51:07 PM »
I have a hard time believing you are capable of feeling warm and fuzzy.  If there is a spark of that there, perhaps you can grow it into a sense of empathy for others.  I know that's difficult for a soldier.  You've repeatedly demonstrated how you dehumanize Iraqis.

You know what..ur outlook on your fellow human being changes when they try and kill u...it also changes when you see how they treat each other. Life is very cheap in the 3rd world. We have had nothing to do with that. Its how its always been. I was trained to hate my enemy....it makes it easier to kill them. I really don't care about people who are trying to kill me. Plus u don't think about cause when ur under fire..all that crap comes later. I guess its what makes us..me and u fundementally different. I'm willing to deny our cultural upbringing..or aborrance of violence, to do something which most folks can't do. Less then 1 percent serves in uniform. Nobody wants to go to war. But if we have to..we go. I have no great love for the Iraqi people...or the Afghani's. They can barely stand each other. I'd rather watch football on TV and hit the gym.
L

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 01:04:53 PM »
You know what..ur outlook on your fellow human being changes when they try and kill u...it also changes when you see how they treat each other. Life is very cheap in the 3rd world. We have had nothing to do with that. Its how its always been. I was trained to hate my enemy....it makes it easier to kill them. I really don't care about people who are trying to kill me. Plus u don't think about cause when ur under fire..all that crap comes later. I guess its what makes us..me and u fundementally different. I'm willing to deny our cultural upbringing..or aborrance of violence, to do something which most folks can't do. Less then 1 percent serves in uniform. Nobody wants to go to war. But if we have to..we go. I have no great love for the Iraqi people...or the Afghani's. They can barely stand each other. I'd rather watch football on TV and hit the gym.

Remember it was you (U.S. soldiers) who went to their country to kill them.
You're right, you're willing to do something that most people won't do- get paid to go and kill people in another country.  That's pretty sick.  If you have a conscience, this will come back on you when you mature.  Your rationalizations will weaken when you admit what you've done as a human being.
Stick out your tongue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 01:06:13 PM »
Nope....sorry once the bulllets start wizzing by ur head..all that liberal BS goes out the window...I'm 33..plan on going over atleast twice more so I'm sure the hate will continue to keep me warm.
L

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 01:09:47 PM »
Nope....sorry once the bulllets start wizzing by ur head..all that liberal BS goes out the window...I'm 33..plan on going over atleast twice more so I'm sure the hate will continue to keep me warm.

Yes it will.  Right up to the point when you're a psychological wreck at the VA, crying about the bullets wizzing by.  You get paid to put yourself in that position.  But you won't be able to buy your way out of the psychological trauma that you're setting yourself up for. 
Stick out your tongue.

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »
Yes it will.  Right up to the point when you're a psychological wreck at the VA, crying about the bullets wizzing by.  You get paid to put yourself in that position.  But you won't be able to buy your way out of the psychological trauma that you're setting yourself up for. 

You're an idiot bud, and if anyones going to be spending money on shrinks it will be you.  Picture it now right out of the wonder years, why wont Winnie touch my weiner?  Man you far left wingers should just move to Sweden and work for Ikea. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 05:58:51 PM »

My old man was old enough to go to Korea so he lived through ww2. He flew two and half tours over Vietnam..pulled a Marine pilot out of a buring CH-53 and was awarded a Silver star with V device. He started out as a Marine grunt just like me. He never had any issues..much like a ton of folks who crawled all over the Pacific and Europe. Those guys built this country and I'm not worried about me either. One tour in Iraq and another in Afghanistan. I can't imagine doing anything else. I love this country and even complete idiots like u. Just my existance pisses liberal fags like u off and that makes me happy and ensures I don't go postal.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 09:25:45 PM »
HH6, I apprecite the job you do, and more importantly, the honesty you display.  You admit we're there for our own best interests - theirs are a distant 3rd.  It's true, I begrudgingly admit i'm okay with it, and it's good to see people admit it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 09:33:36 PM »
HH6 and BB are my favorite conservatives  :)  And the fact that HH6 drove in a M-1 tank  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 09:38:47 PM »
HH6 and BB are my favorite conservatives  :)  And the fact that HH6 drove in a M-1 tank  ;D

that's gangster.

Stark made a point a few months back and ya know... it completely changed my perspective on the war.  he talked about a scenario where the US is 'liberated' by China... it scared the shit out of me.  he painted a picture of these asshole soldiers pushing everyone around, the helplessness we'd feel as they secured our cities, abused our rights and our womenfolk, and installed leadership.

Owning iraq means we have quick strike capability on China in their region, plus all that yummy oil.

And while our current leadership HAS outright lied and used fearmongering - will the US be in stronger worldwide position in 20 years - when the pendulum swings back more liberal but we still haev those bases and oil?  Yes.  Yes.  yes.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 07:48:49 AM »
My old man was old enough to go to Korea so he lived through ww2. He flew two and half tours over Vietnam..pulled a Marine pilot out of a buring CH-53 and was awarded a Silver star with V device. He started out as a Marine grunt just like me. He never had any issues..much like a ton of folks who crawled all over the Pacific and Europe. Those guys built this country and I'm not worried about me either. One tour in Iraq and another in Afghanistan. I can't imagine doing anything else. I love this country and even complete idiots like u. Just my existance pisses liberal fags like u off and that makes me happy and ensures I don't go postal.

My grandpa had a friend back in the old colonial days.. The dude was a sikh and was drafted into the british army and shipped off to north africa and was never seen again.  ;D

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 09:08:47 AM »
My old man was old enough to go to Korea so he lived through ww2. He flew two and half tours over Vietnam..pulled a Marine pilot out of a buring CH-53 and was awarded a Silver star with V device. He started out as a Marine grunt just like me. He never had any issues..much like a ton of folks who crawled all over the Pacific and Europe. Those guys built this country and I'm not worried about me either. One tour in Iraq and another in Afghanistan. I can't imagine doing anything else.

That explains a lot.  You had to become a "hero" like your dad.  You'll become one of those well-paid Blackwater mercenaries to get back in the action of killing people.  What a wonderful human being you are.
Stick out your tongue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »
My grandpa had a friend back in the old colonial days.. The dude was a sikh and was drafted into the british army and shipped off to north africa and was never seen again.  ;D

The sikh's are bad dudes..they hate the muslims..I say we raise bn's of them. Great soldiers.
L